Casa Nido del Chorro
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
Casa Nido del Chorro
This brand new cozy hillside retreat offers a unique opportunity to experience the amazing city of San Miguel de Allende. Featuring amazing views over the Rosewood Hotel and gorgeous city, this charming property offers a wonderful location, walking distance from plenty of delicious restaurants and historic sites. With 1700 square feet and two bedrooms, this home is perfect for an intimate, couples’ retreat.
Spread out over five levels, this gorgeous home has plenty of space for everyone to relax, perfectly blending indoor and outdoor living so you can enjoy the spectacular San Miguel weather. The rustic, chic design is unique and gorgeous, emitting a truly authentic feel. The main living room is situated on the middle level, with gorgeous French doors that open up the entire wall to a spacious terrace. With full panoramic views, this area is perfect for cocktails at sunset!
The kitchen is situated on the lower level, and serves as the first area you see when you step inside. The kitchen features a comfortable sense of décor, with wooden surfaces and earth, stone walls, but also is fully equipped with modern amenities that will allow culinary aficionados to whip up delicious meals. Both the indoor and outdoor dining areas have fireplaces, giving ambiance to any dinner party. The outdoor fireplace even features a wood-fired Tuscan grill.
With two private bedrooms, this delightful home is perfect for couples looking to experience an amazing city. Both bedrooms are en-suite and offer plush, king-sized beds. Each bedroom also has a gas log fireplace, sure to keep you warm at night. Each bathroom has hairdryers, shampoo, conditioner, and lotion provided to you.
Situated in the cultural heart of San Miguel de Allende, you won’t find a better location than Casa Nido! The house is directly next to the historic church The Capilla de Santa Cruz, built in the 1600s. The famed Parque Juarez is only two blocks away, and from there the center of town is a quick eight-minute walk. Explore the city by wandering the cobblestone streets, taking in the incredible architecture and amazing sites around you. El Jardin, the main plaza, is a great place to get a feel for the area as you people-watch from a local café. Botanical gardens and nature preserves are ripe for exploring during a leisurely afternoon or head to a market to get a sense of local craftsmanship and style. When the sun goes down, San Miguel offers more than enough delicious restaurants serving up authentic Mexican fare, and exciting nightlife to keep you busy afterward.
Once you settle in at this marvelous San Miguel home, you’ll never want to leave!
***There is no street and no parking available. The house is only accessible by 52 public stairs that head up to the Salida de Queretaro Main Street.
***The cultural center bell tower is directly below the house. The upstairs bedroom windows are double paneled to reduce bell ringing noise, but packaged earplugs are provided if needed. Other than the bells, the house is very quiet.
***This home is not suitable for children under 12 years old.
THIRDHOME has partnered with VIATOR, one of the largest online destination tours and activities provider, featuring thousands of tours and activities to choose from within a global platform of exciting offerings. VIATOR is perfect for “Do It Yourself” planners to consider when seeking to book a sightseeing day tour, city spree, regional day trips, including local city happenings.
Click the link below to view VIATOR tours and activities:
Single Family Home with 5 levels
2 bedrooms, 2 baths, 1700 square feet
King and King
4 guests maximum
Del Bajío International Airport (BJX), Querétaro International Airport (QRO)
1 hour and 45 minutes by car (BJX), 1 hour and 15 minutes by car (QRO)
Activities of Interest
- Fabrica La Aurora (15 minute drive) - This former textile mill has become an art lover's paradise in norther San Miguel.
- Escondido Place (25 minute drive) - Enjoy relaxing in this natural thermal pool, surrounded by scenic natural beauty.
- Cañada de la Virgen (50 minute drive) - Tour this sprawling historic site, where you'll find seven ancient pyramid structures.
- La Esquina Toy Museum (10 minute walk) - Handcrafted toys abound at this incredibly unique museum for kids of all ages.
- Museo Historico de San Miguel de Allende (15 minute walk) - A famous officer's childhood home serves as the base for this amazing historical museum.
Places of Interest
- Parroquia de San Miguel Arcangel (15 minute walk) - This towering parish features intricate pink pinnacles that break through the skyline.
- El Charco del Ingenio Botanical Garden (15 minute drive) - El Charco features a plethora of natural splendor.
- El Jardin (15 minute drive) - Located in the heart of the city, the main plaza features shops, cafes, and plenty of culture.
- La Posadita (10 minute walk) - Boasting one of the best locations in San Miguel, excellent service accompanies hearty Mexican fare.
- Cafe Firenze (10 minute walk) - Dine on some of the best Italian fare in town!
Great Property, Welcoming Hosts
Casa Nido del Chorro was the perfect place to spend a relaxing week. We especially enjoyed the bedroom configuration. Both bedrooms are generously proportioned with en-suite facilities. They are separated by the main living spaces, and as a bonus, there is an extra sleeping area off the terrace. We didn't need a car so the lack of garage was not an issue for us. Everything was sparkling clean and the views of the city were remarkable. We hope to return soon.”
- Air Conditioning
- Multiple TVs
- Outdoor Grill
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet