Tranquility on Penobscot Bay Private Retreat
Stockton Springs, Maine
Tranquility on Penobscot Bay
***Property can sleep up to 7 Guests***
***There is an additional fee for more than 4 Guests***
Just off the beaten path nestled on 1900 square feet along the banks of the historic Penobscot Bay, this sunny, peaceful cottage offers the perfect spot to gather with loved ones for a much-needed getaway. The magnificent scenery will take your breath away, and with three spacious bedrooms, there’s more than enough room for you and your family to spread out and relax. Conveniently located so you can enjoy a plethora of events and festivals, but still feeling miles away from the real world, you’ll adore this charming waterfront cottage.
This beautiful cottage gives you the opportunity to experience the rare beauty of Maine while living in unparalleled comfort. Vaulted ceilings lead to an open great room, designed in a traditional manner and with more than enough space to gather. The focal point of the home is a grand, open brick fireplace with a wood-burning stove, perfect for keeping you warm when the summer nights get a bit cooler.
The galley kitchen is fully stocked with everything you’ll need to whip up a delicious homemade meal. The kids will love helping the master chef cook dinner, and when everything is said and done, gather around the spacious dining room table as a family. On warm, summer afternoons, head outside to have a waterfront cookout, firing up the grill while taking in stunning water views!
Each of the three bedrooms is outfitted with high-end, plush mattresses, sure to lull your straight to sleep while you listen to the soft lap of the water outside your door. The master offers a king-sized bed, the second bedroom a queen, and the third is an open loft bedroom with two twin beds.
The back of the cottage features an expansive view of the river as it flows into the bay, perfect for those gorgeous Maine sunsets! In the vast expanse of nature that surrounds your home, all manner of wildlife can be observed if you know where to look. Take your morning cup of coffee out to the deck and start searching! As the sun goes down at night, grab a glass of wine or a cocktail and gather around the outdoor fire pit looking out at the river.
No matter the season, Maine offers stunning natural beauty to behold and entertainment to be had. Summer is fantastic, but spring offers budding trees, blooming flowers, and fresh maple syrup to try. Fall is filled with vibrant, changing colors and is the best time to enjoy delicious apple cider. Winter offers snowshoeing and cross-country skiing at Sears Island, and downhill skiing at Camden Snow Bowl and Herman Mountain. Your just a quick drive away from the likes of Acadia National Park, Bar Harbor, and Fort Point State Park, where you’ll find many local beaches. The amazing northeastern towns of Bangor, Belfast, and Camden are nearby, filled with marvelous antique shops, galleries, and history to uncover.
Treat yourself to some time away in this striking waterfront retreat, perfect for an idyllic, relaxing getaway.
THIRDHOME has partnered with VIATOR, one of the largest online destination tours and activities provider, featuring thousands of tours and activities to choose from within a global platform of exciting offerings. VIATOR is perfect for “Do It Yourself” planners to consider when seeking to book a sightseeing day tour, city spree, regional day trips, including local city happenings.
Click the link below to view VIATOR tours and activities:
Single Family Home with 2 levels
3 bedrooms, 2 baths, 1900 square feet, 177 square meters
King, Queen, and 2x Twin
4 guests maximum
Bangor International Airport - BGR
45 minutes by car
Panoramic views of the Penobscot Bay!
Pets Welcome Upon Approval
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Property is open to hosting pets but will require an additional cleaning fee. Please contact for additional details.
Will be an additional fee if you would like more than 4 guests.
Activities of Interest
- Snow Skiing
- Wine Country
- Maine's Lobster Festival (1 hour drive) - Located in Rockland, this amazing festival gives you the opportunity to taste all of Maine's fine lobster.
- Belfast Harbor Fest Classic Boat Show (20 minute drive) - Boat enthusiasts will love this annual festival!
- Penobscot Marine Museum (10 minute drive) - Visit Maine's oldest maritime museum and learn about the coastal culture of the river!
- Holbrook Island Sanctuary Fishing (50 minute drive) - This natural forest features wonderful spots for fishing.
- Bangor's American Folk Music Festival (40 minute drive) - This awesome festival has a plethora of amazing folk artists to see.
Places of Interest
- Fort Point Lighthouse (10 minute drive) - This historic lighthouse features stunning views.
- Bangor (40 minute drive) - Go antiquing, stroll down Main Street, and enjoy the views in Bangor.
- Camden (45 minute drive) - One of the prettiest cities in Maine, you'll love the picture-perfect harbor and historic buildings.
- Acadia National Park (1 hour drive) - The gorgeous landscape features rocky beaches and striking granite peaks.
- Just Barb's (5 minute drive) - Enjoy fresh seafood at this local staple.
- 40"+ TV
- Covered Parking
- DVD Player
- High Speed Internet
- Multiple TVs
- Outdoor Grill
- Pets (with Approval)
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet
- iPod Dock Stereo