Named for the gorgeous display of fireflies that grace the riverbank every summer and fall, this gorgeous four-bedroom home sits on 2700 square feet on the shores of the Blanco River! Surrounded by stunning views of nature at its best, Wimberley boasts a plethora of art galleries, markets, and artisan shops to explore when you’re not enjoying waterfront views.
The interiors of this spacious home are bright and modern, with rustic floors extending through the majority of the main living spaces. Large windows allow for river views and for plenty of natural light to fill the space, creating a comfortable and airy place to gather with your family. From the plush leather seating of the living room, the open floor plan extends to a gorgeous, state of the art kitchen. You’ll adore the deep blue color of the cabinetry, as well as the gourmet appliances available for your use.
This lovely riverside home offers four endearing bedrooms to choose from, each brightly colored and meticulously designed. The master bedroom features high, vaulted wooden ceilings and a plush, queen-sized bed. You’ll enjoy access to a private patio as well as a master bath with a gorgeous, mosaic-tiled shower. The next two guest bedrooms have a queen-sized bed and two twins respectively. The final bedroom will be beloved by the kids – a private enclave with two twin over full bunk beds and a private sitting room with a giant television.
During your stay at Firefly, take the time to enjoy the absolutely mesmerizing natural beauty that surrounds you. Your back porch faces lovely views of the Blanco River and is generously outfitted with plush seating and a shaded alfresco dining table. Take advantage of the state of the art barbecue for a fun, riverside cookout.
Popular among Austin locals for years now, Wimberley is quickly becoming a great getaway for travelers of all ilk. With the river right in your back yard, the kids will enjoy splashing around or going fishing on a hot summer’s day. Head to the famous Jacob’s Well for a dip in a refreshing, natural pool. There are plenty of other adventures to be had around town, including zip-lining over gorgeous scenery or hiking the trails of the stunning Blue Hole Regional Park. When you need a break, Wimberley is filled with trendy art galleries and artisan craft shops – truly an art lover’s paradise!
Firefly offers the perfect setting for a family looking for a sweet, riverside oasis!
Please, no pets.
THIRDHOME has partnered with VIATOR, one of the largest online destination tours and activities provider, featuring thousands of tours and activities to choose from within a global platform of exciting offerings. VIATOR is perfect for “Do It Yourself” planners to consider when seeking to book a sightseeing day tour, city spree, regional day trips, including local city happenings.
Click the link below to view VIATOR tours and activities:
Private Residence with 1 level
4 bedrooms, 3 baths, 2700 square feet, 251 square meters
Queen, Queen, 2x Twin, and Full + Twin
12 guests maximum
Austin–Bergstrom International Airport - AUS
1 hour by car
Blanco River views!
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- Blue Hole Regional Park (10 minute drive) - Get lost in the trails of this marvelous natural park.
- Fly Fishing - Grab some waders and a pole and spend an afternoon or a full week tapping your line across the water.
- Wimberley Zipline Adventures (10 minute drive) - This outfitter offers guided nature walks followed by a thrilling zipline excursion!
- Jack Glover's Cowboy Museum (10 minute drive) - This amazing museum offers a fun time for all and an informative look at history.
- Bootiful Wimberly (10 minute drive) - Explore the colorful boot installations in Wimberley!
Places of Interest
- Jacob's Well (15 minute drive) - Kids of all ages will love swimming in this delightful natural pool!
- Bella Vista Ranch (20 minute drive) - Home to a small artisan vineyard and an olive orchard, this ranch is perfect for a leisurely afternoon.
- Blanco River - Your lovely home sits right on the Blanco River, perfect for fishing or swimming.
- Austin (1 hour drive) - Just a quick drive away, visit this vibrant city for a day on the town!
- The Leaning Pear (10 minute drive) - You'll love the rustic setting and delicious local cuisine of this laidback eatery.
- Hildee's Texas Dine-Inn
- Community Pizza
Debe L.July 2023
Our family gathering at Firefly was magical. Contessa W. has her second home perfectly organized for a guest to enjoy and feel at home. The Blonco River is in the backyard and so fun to explore. We went shopping, dining, exploring and to the rodeo and Fourth of July parade in Wimberly!! This was a wonderful stay in a new area of Texas for my family.”
David D.April 2023
Firefly is everything good. The location is wonderful and the house feels like a home. It’s packed with all the expected essentials and so many extras. The kitchen and bathrooms are better stocked than my own home! The home decor is comfortable and inviting - and on the banks of the Blanco River. We found ourselves not wanting to leave the property because we were so comfortable. Would love to return to Firefly!”
John G.June 2020
This river home was a blessing for my family.... First, the hosts are the best! Second, the home it is relaxing and beautifully decorated. Perfect layout. Third, the river.... gorgeous views, relaxing times with a chair in the water, and fun exploring. Finally, Wimberly... cute town with the best snow cones, best breakfast tacos, and two favorite restaurants (Pear and Pizza!) Firefly... we will definitely return one day!!”