Ocracoke, North Carolina
This inviting, historic, island cottage beautifully blends the charm of Old Ocracoke with the modern conveniences of today. Boasting three-bedrooms, 1288 square feet, and completely updated in 2008 with new furniture, electronics, and lovely landscaping, Serendipity offers a quiet retreat at which you can relax and unwind.
Cedar shakes and old pine floors throughout combine with an abundance of Beadboard paneling to enhance the rustic ambiance. Classic furnishings and charming finishes fill the home, such as the delightfully colorful paintings that dot the walls and the plush sofas in the living room. Modern appliances in the kitchen serve to ensure that each homemade meal is cooked to perfection. One lot back from Silver Lake Harbor, Serendipity offers distant views of the harbor along with access via an easement to shared boat dockage.
The lovely exteriors of the home offer a furnished porch and back deck, a relaxing outdoor shower, and a private park service charcoal grill along with a gas grill which is available to both Serendipity guests and the neighboring Sea Moor Lake guests. You’ll also have access to a shared dock with 50 AMP Electric Service, water and fish bench.
Enjoy a week in complete serenity at Serendipity Cottage!
Single Family Home with 2 levels
3 bedrooms, 1 bath, 1288 square feet, 120 square meters
King, Queen, and Twin
6 guests maximum
Norfolk International Airport - ORF
4.5 hours by car
Pets Welcome Upon Approval
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
This home is pet-friendly but only allows for one pet with an additional $100 pet fee.
Activities of Interest
- Parasailing - Glide over spectacular vistas of the ocean and beaches in the area!
- Kiteboarding - Try your hand at this thrilling water sport!
- Hammock Hills Nature Trails - Winding through beautiful and unique terrain, these nature trails offer scenic vistas all around.
- Drum Stick Fishing Charter - Cast a line and catch your own dinner out on the open sea!
Places of Interest
- Ocracoke Lighthouse - Standing as one of North Carolina's oldest lighthouses in operation, this incredible structure offers outstanding views.
- Portsmouth Island – Take the boat to this historic island, and wander through the charming streets of town.
- Beaches - With plenty of beautiful and pristine beaches to explore, a beach day is in your future!
- Flying Melon - This charming eatery serves up delicious southern and creole fare, and offers freshly-caught seafood.
- 40"+ TV
- Air Conditioning
- High Speed Internet
- Multiple TVs
- Outdoor Grill
- Pets (with Approval)
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet