La Malbaie, Canada
Nestled on 2700 square feet with exceptional views of the St-Lawrence River, this stunning three-bedroom mountain lodge is a unique family getaway! You’ll be met with magnificent scenery no matter when you decide to visit, whether you’re taking in the mist of autumn mornings or enchanting snowflakes as they drift down from the sky. Just minutes away from the village center of charming La Malbaie, you’ll love the classic, yet exceptional feel of this lodge.
As you step inside the home, you’ll be struck by the originality of the design, an open-concept ground floor that is accentuated by cathedral-like ceilings that rise to soaring heights. The constant presence of timber, oak beams, and large windows bring an exceptional brightness to the house, cheering you up as soon as you enter. The alpine elegance of the living room exudes from every corner – you’ll love spending leisurely evenings around the impressive four-sided fireplace, keeping warm on a cold winter’s night. To keep you extra toasty, there are also heated floors throughout.
The high, vaulted ceilings of the home continue on into the kitchen, accentuating the feeling of grandeur already present. Focusing on a center island, this gourmet space is large and airy, allowing multiple hands to assist in the kitchen when it’s dinnertime. Let the master chef of the group take advantage of state of the art appliances to whip up something delicious that everyone can enjoy. You’ll love dining underneath the glittering chandelier that hangs over the dining table.
With three beautiful bedrooms, you and your guests will be lavished with comfort. The master bedroom is located on the ground floor and has a unique character, with a cathedral-like ceiling whose gable is entirely glazed. This bedroom features its own private bathroom and also offers access to the outdoor terrace. On the garden level, you’ll find two other gorgeous bedrooms, one with another king-sized bed and one with two twins. Both offer access to the terrace.
The garden area of this lodge is full of surprises! The majority of the space serves as a spa, complete with a sauna, hammam, and a relaxation area. Further on, near the artificial lake on the property, you’ll find an intriguing tower, the Renardière, which can serve as a guest house if needed. There is a kitchen, lunch area, small living room, another bedroom, and a room used as an observatory, perfect for taking in the surrounding nature and native wildlife.
One of Canada’s first holiday resorts, La Malbaie is a perfect alpine getaway for those looking for a little bit of everything. Surrounded by natural beauty, you’ll find plenty of opportunities for leisurely hikes in the summer, or even snowmobiling on your own property in the winter! Mont Grand-Fond ski area is only a 20-minute drive away, perfect for taking a day on the slopes. All along the St-Lawrence River, there are plenty of wonderful towns, filled with boutique shops and culinary exploits beyond your wildest dreams. Make sure to head to the La Malbaie town center to enjoy the historic and charming feel of the town.
No matter the season, this spectacular property offers you magical experience!
THIRDHOME has partnered with VIATOR, one of the largest online destination tours and activities provider, featuring thousands of tours and activities to choose from within a global platform of exciting offerings. VIATOR is perfect for “Do It Yourself” planners to consider when seeking to book a sightseeing day tour, city spree, regional day trips, including local city happenings.
Click the link below to view VIATOR tours and activities:
Single Family Home with 2 levels
3 bedrooms, 3 baths, 2700 square feet
King, King, and 2x Twin
6 guests maximum
Québec City Jean Lesage International Airport - YQB
2 hours by car
Views of the St.-Laurence River and the city of La Malbaie!
Activities of Interest
- Snow Skiing
- Tadoussac Whale Watching (1.5 hour drive) - One of the best pastimes in this lovely city is to try and catch a glimpse of elusive whales.
- Snowmobiling - With trails starting at the chalet, you'll have a blast exploring the terrain by snowmobile.
- Mont Grand-Fonds (20 minute drive) - Featuring amazing and thrilling trails, skiers will flock to this amazing resort!
- Hiking in Grands Fonds (20 minute drive) - With plenty of trails to explore by foot, you'll be blown away by the majestic beauty of the area.
- Maison du Bootlegger (20 minute drive) - Learn about the surprising bootlegging history of the area at this interesting museum!
Places of Interest
- Chez Truchon (2 minute drive) - Situated in a beautiful mansion, enjoy delicious and fresh cuisine prepared by a master chef.
- Vices Versa (7 minute drive) - If you're in the mood for an authentic French meal, head to this casual eatery.
- Baie-Saint-Paul (35 minute drive) - This charming town is filled with gorgeous art galleries to explore.
- Café Chez-Nous (2 minute drive) - This sunny cafe has a cutesy vibe and offers a decadent blend of Californian and Italian cuisine.
- Les Jardins du Cap à l'Aigle (10 minute drive) - When these gardens are in full bloom, you'll be blown away by their vibrant beauty.
- Chef's Kitchen
- Concierge Service
- Covered Parking
- DVD Player
- Espresso Machine
- High Speed Internet
- Hot Tub
- Multiple TVs
- Outdoor Grill
- Pets (with Approval)
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet