**Owner is willing to consider requests.**
Take in stunning views of the rolling hills that surround Lake Greenwood from this rustic four-bedroom cottage! Situated on 3500 square feet, this charming abode offers the perfect base for a hunter’s trip, plantation tours, or just enjoying a little bit of lakefront serenity. The charming town of St. Francisville is only a 20-minute drive away and brimming with Antebellum history, making this lovely getaway perfect for all types of travelers.
Inside this rustic lakefront lodge, you’re met with the warmth and welcoming nature of an old friend. Natural elements compose the majority of the décor, including exposed wooden beams and stone and timbered finishes. Soft, natural light fills the living room and kitchen, which are housed in one large open space. Grab a seat next to the brick fireplace to soak up its warmth, permeating through your veins as you enjoy plush sofas and chairs.
The open concept kitchen offers plenty of state of the art appliances and high-end cookware to use, all designed to ensure every homemade meal is cooked to perfection. The expansive, wood-topped center island doubles as a breakfast bar, perfect for a delicious cup of coffee in the morning or a mid-afternoon snack. After dinner, head to the screened-in porch to relax by the fire, or rock in the rocking chairs as you take in a stellar sunset.
Each of the four bedrooms offers its inhabitants rustic luxury in the form of sleek, wooden frames, plush bedding, and delightfully soft linens and covers. The master has a gorgeous four-poster king-sized bed and offers access to a polished master bath. No matter which room you end up calling home, you’ll have no problems drifting dreamlessly off to sleep each night.
The areas surrounding the idyllic Lake Greenwood are perfect for a number of outdoor activities. In the winter, deer and duck hunting are very popular in the area, and in the summer you’ll love visiting the great, historic plantation houses that dot the countryside. When paddling out on the water, the whimsical town of St. Francisville is just 20 minutes away. Head into town to explore the charming streets, take in the antebellum architecture, or enjoy traditional Southern cooking at its finest.
A rustic retreat awaits you on the shores of Lake Greenwood!
THIRDHOME has partnered with VIATOR, one of the largest online destination tours and activities provider, featuring thousands of tours and activities to choose from within a global platform of exciting offerings. VIATOR is perfect for “Do It Yourself” planners to consider when seeking to book a sightseeing day tour, city spree, regional day trips, including local city happenings.
Click the link below to view VIATOR tours and activities:
Private Residence with 2 levels
4 bedrooms, 3 baths, 3500 square feet, 326 square meters
King, Queen, 2x Queen, and Other
13 guests maximum
Baton Rouge Metropolitan Airport - BTR
40 minutes by car
Lake Greenwood views!
No Pets Allowed
View All Amenities
The host can help you arrange deer hunting in the fall - please inquire after booking for pricing.
Activities of Interest
- Plantation Home Tours - You'll love taking in the stunning sights and storied histories behind the area's many plantations.
- Tunica Hills Hiking (25 minute drive) - You'll love the stunning sights and breathtaking scenery during a hike in Tunica Hills.
- The Bluffs Golf Course (35 minute drive) - This noteworthy course offers a sweeping layout and challenging play.
- West Feliciana Historical Museum (20 minute drive) - World-renowned, this museum offers exhibits that showcase the compelling history of the area.
Places of Interest
- Downtown St. Francisville (20 minute drive) - Walk down the charming streets of downtown St. Francisville, lined with cafes, shops, and more.
- Cat Island National Wildlife Refuge (20 minute drive) - One of the most exotic places in the city, this wildlife refuge is perfect for experiencing native animals up close and personal.
- Afton Villa Gardens (20 minute drive) - Explore the lush gardens of this historic home.
- Magnolia Cafe (20 minute drive) - Featuring live music and a healthy mixture of Mexican and Southern cuisine, Magnolia Cafe is great for a night out.
- The Francis Southern Table and Bar (20 minute drive) - Classic southern dishes and cocktails await you at this lovely eatery.
- At Francisville Inn
We totally enjoyed the Greenwood Lodge visit. This home is tucked away in central Louisiana. We chose to book there as we were visiting family in St. Francisville, La. The home is beautiful and so comfortable. Hosts were wonderful to work with. ”