Cà della Bottega
Cà Della Bottega
This charming two bedroom, 1500 square foot dreamy apartment with furnished 'altana' roof terrace was completely restored in 2013 to the highest of standards using natural materials (including bio-concrete and cork) and is enviably located within an ancient 15th century building on the edges of Campo Santa Margherita - close to Campo Carmini in the heart of Dorsoduro.
Situated merely steps away from the Scuola Grande Dei Carmini (with its facade by Longhena, elaborate stucco work and wonderful Tiepolo paintings) and displaying all the hallmarks of exquisite taste and a talent for styling throughout, Ca’ Della Bottega is roomy, well planned and arranged over three floors and in such a way as to take full advantage of its south-east facing aspect and superb position.
Named in keeping with its historical roots as a ‘house over a little shop’ (or ‘Bottega’) which in times past interconnected via a trap-door, the apartment is today entered by way of its own private front door and offers air-conditioning, internet connection and contemporary design against a gorgeous backdrop of exposed period timbers, pale wooden flooring and an easy-on-the-eye palette of natural tones.
A staircase from the ground floor leads to the first floor and to the bright spacious living room featuring a vaulted ceiling and large windows overlooking the square alongside roomy mocha sofas, a beautifully decorative needlework rug and a seriously up-to-the-minute clear-sided staircase rising to the floor above.
Also on the first floor are two double bedrooms elegantly decorated in soft coordinating colors - one with a modern en-suite bathroom with chromotherapy bathtub and the other with its own bathroom with shower.
On the second floor, at the very top of the property, there’s a light and airy dining area set beneath sloping antique restored beams together with ample cushioned seating to the side within the eaves and a modern well-equipped open-style kitchen plus a small bathroom with wash hand basin and w.c.
A trip to Italy wouldn't be complete without experiencing Venice, the city of Love, at its finest: Cà della Bottega will be your home away from home as you lose yourself through the enchanting narrow streets and the ink blue canals of this gorgeous city.
THIRDHOME has partnered with VIATOR, one of the largest online destination tours and activities provider, featuring thousands of tours and activities to choose from within a global platform of exciting offerings. VIATOR is perfect for “Do It Yourself” planners to consider when seeking to book a sightseeing day tour, city spree, regional day trips, including local city happenings.
Click the link below to view VIATOR tours and activities:
Single Family Home with 2 levels
2 bedrooms, 2 baths, 1500 square feet
Queen and Queen
6 guests maximum
Venice Marco Polo Airport (VCE)
30 minutes by car
Views of the buzzing and romantic Venetian "calli" and alleyways!
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- Day trip to Murano Island - Known for its unique glass art, this island features studios, demonstrations & souvenirs for sale.
- Gondola tours - Touristy or not, your visit to Venice isn't complete until you take one of these time-honored water taxis for a spin.
- Wine tastings - The Venetian region offers some of the best wines in Italy and if you are staying in Venice for just a few days and you don’t have time to visit the vineyards directly, wine tasting experiences are the next best thing.
- Ristorante alle Corone - The "Hotel Ai Reali" is one of the best in Venice, and so is its restaurant. The luxurious dining room is perfect for an elegant soirée or a fancy lunch.
- Osteria Enoteca Ai Artisti - This small restaurant offers a short but delicious daily menu (it changes depending on what they buy at the market), scrumptious ciccheti and a vast array of wines to choose from.
Places of Interest
- St. Mark's Square (20 minutes) - Considered one of the finest squares in the world, it is surrounded by the stately arcades of public buildings and by Basilica di San Marco's riot of domes and arches and the soaring St. Mark's campanile.
- Doge's Palace (20 minutes) - Highlights are the Sala del Maggior Consiglio and its monumental oil painting by Tintoretto, as well as the many paintings by timeless artists such as Bellini, Carpaccio, and Titian.
- Rialto Bridge (20 minutes) - The Rialto Bridge is the oldest of the four bridges spanning the Grand Canal.
- Bridge of Sighs (20 minutes) - Connecting the Doge's Palace with the Prigioni, a grimmer-than-grim prison for those convicted of crimes or political offenses by judges in the examining rooms of the palace.
- Fenice Theatre (15 minutes) - It is one of the most famous and renowned landmarks in the history of Italian theatre and in the history of opera as a whole.
- 40"+ TV
- Espresso Machine
- High Speed Internet
- Laundry Service
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet
- iPod Dock Stereo