Ballito, South Africa
The Simbithi Eco Estate is the perfect base for your travels to South Africa and is where you will find the Corkwood Residence. The six-bedroom estate is home to vast acreage of beautiful indigenous South African flora, perfect to truly take in the country's natural beauty. Corkwood residence is both modern and grand sitting at 6700 square feet in size overlooking the Simbithi Eco Estate.
The modern feel at the property can be seen straightaway upon arriving. You are welcome by a grand entrance way with a staircase leading you down to the property.
After making your way down the elegant staircase entrance you will enter the main open plan living area. The living area of Corkwood residence is spacious, perfect for entertaining and is elegantly decorated and furnished. You will also find a stunning chandelier with a unique twist. Following on from the main living area, you will find the elegant bar area to your right which is fitted with a bar and a chez lounge pointed directly at the view across the eco estate. Parallel from the bar area you will find the equally stylish dining area, which can sit up to eight people. and the modern kitchen which is fitted with modern appliances and features a smaller dining table.
Stretching out from the living and dining areas is the stunning garden which is perched on a hill offering stunning vistas across the eco estate, making it the perfect place to see the sunset over South Africa. You will also find the outdoor swimming pool which is just another perfect spot to relax in while taking in the breathtaking vistas.
Back inside the stunning residence, you will find plenty of space to rest after a long day, with this property having 6 spacious bedrooms. Each bedroom is bright and airy, offering views across the estate with even some of the bedrooms allowing you to sit on the beds and enjoy the views.
The master bedroom has a King sized bed and a walk around terrace perfect for taking in the views while enjoying your morning cup of coffee.
As well as the bedrooms on the upper floor, you can also find a cozy living area with a sofa, tv, and desks which are perfect if you need to work while staying at Corkwood residence.
Just off the bedrooms, you will find the open-air rooftop putting green! Putt away while you watch the sunset over the hills of the estate.
Corkwood Residence is also perfect for families, with ample outdoor space as well as playground facilities such as a slide, swings and a trampoline.
THIRDHOME has partnered with VIATOR, one of the largest online destination tours and activities provider, featuring thousands of tours and activities to choose from within a global platform of exciting offerings. VIATOR is perfect for “Do It Yourself” planners to consider when seeking to book a sightseeing day tour, city spree, regional day trips, including local city happenings.
Click the link below to view VIATOR tours and activities:
Estate with 2 levels
6 bedrooms, 5 baths, 6700 square feet
King, 2x Queen, 2x Full, Other, Twin, and Twin
13 guests maximum
King Shaka International Airport (DUR)
25 minutes by car
Luscious greenery and the hills of Simbithi Eco Estate!
Activities of Interest
- Safari - Visit the Hluhluwe Game Reserve for a true African safari where you can see rhinoceroses, elephants and Cape Buffalos, as well as lions, leopards and cheetahs just to name a few!
- 4x4 tour - Take a tour of the capital of KwaZulu-Natal towards the Drakensberg Mountains and up to the Sani Pass in Lesotho while in a 4x4.
- Shark Cage Diving - Get up close and personal with sharks—on a cage snorkeling trip to Durban’s notorious Aliwal Shoal.
- Drakensberg Canopy Tour - Experience nature like never before as you slide along 12 slides through the forest canopy and enjoy a unique birds-eye view of the world around you.
- Food Tour - Enjoy the rich food and culture of two of South Africa’s subcultures on this tour that dives into Indian and Zulu cuisine.
- Night Gondola Tour - Take in the magic of Durban’s waterfront by night as you travel down the canals in a Venetian-style gondola.
Places of Interest
- Durban (40 minutes by car) - Visit South Africa's third largest city famous for its African, Colonial and Asian influences.
- uShaka Marine World (40 minutes by car) - Visit the world’s 5th largest aquarium perfect for the whole family with a vast array of marine life.
- Shakaland Zulu cultural centre (1 hour 20 mins by car) - Visit this open-air museum, or “cultural village” providing you with an introduction to Zulu culture.
- Gandhi Settlement (35 minutes by car) - Visit the house where Mahatma Gandhi lived and resisted the oppressive apartheid regime.
- Sri Sri Radha Radhanath Temple (50 minutes by car) - Visit the biggest Hare Krishna temple in the southern hemisphere in the shape of a lotus flower.
- 40"+ TV
- Chef's Kitchen
- Covered Parking
- Espresso Machine
- Gated Community
- High Speed Internet
- Hot Tub
- Laundry Service
- Multiple TVs
- Outdoor Grill
- Outdoor Pool
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Staffed Guard Gate
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet
- iPod Dock Stereo