Hotel Freigeist Göttingen (HS)
HOTEL FREIGEIST GÖTTINGEN (HS)
You are booking a double standard room only for two people in collaboration with Hotel Swaps. Cancellations and booking amendments are not possible. Upgrade options are available after booking, at an extra cost.
*For requests, please contact your account manager or Member Experience at email@example.com REQUESTS ARE BINDING, once accepted it cannot be cancelled.*
A king of creative inspiration, the hotel features works of art inspired by Basquiat as well as the sophisticated Herbarium bar—with a clear connection to Göttingen’s famed botanical garden—crafted by the same folks responsible for multiple international “Best Bar of the Year” accolades.
At the same time, Hotel Freigeist Göttingen is the neighborhood’s princely upstart—a new construction embedded within a new town district at Groner Tor interplaying architecturally with the historical sandstone building of the university’s soon-to-open grand Knowledge Forum. Here, green areas link the hotel to a cultural sector that includes a museum and the university just outside, while inside Japanese/South American-style cuisine, a sushi bar, and a chef’s table within an open kitchen set a stunning gastronomic tone.
At Hotel Freigeist Göttingen guests are immersed in a world of ash wood, deep blue velvet, light gray, and beige—a stimulating yet soothing retreat in a town renowned for its intellectual stimulation and cultural vibrancy.
Situated in Göttingen, Freigeist Göttingen – A Member of Design Hotels™ opened in July 2018 and features a fitness centre and a bar. The property is located 0.7 miles from the University of Göttingen, 650 yards from the Old Town Hall and 650 yards from the Old Botanic Garden. The accommodation provides a 24-hour front desk and luggage storage space for guests.
All rooms include a lounge chair, side table, a flat-screen TV, floor-to-ceiling windows, free WiFi, oak floors, natural cosmetics, a walk-in shower, a bluetooth sound bar and ashwood headboard. Some rooms are on the upper floors, offering great views of Göttingen.
Freigeist Göttingen offers a range of wellness facilities including a sauna with a view over Göttingen, as well as an infrared sauna.
The German Theatre Göttingen is an 11-minute walk from the accommodation. Kassel Calden Airport is 25.5 miles away.
PLEASE NOTE: This property is available to THIRDHOME members through a collaboration with HotelSwaps and, as such, each stay is governed by their Terms and Conditions which can be found here: https://hotelswaps.com/guest-terms-conditions-3rd-party.
The exchange fee and Keys are only refundable in the event of cancelation by the Hotel. If a Guest Member cancels their reservation, for any reason, there are no refunds available.
PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT THE HOTEL DIRECTLY FOR THIRD HOME BOOKINGS. If you have any questions about this property and weeks (not requests) please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The room details and photos shown here are indicative of the property and not necessarily of the room that you will be staying in.
By booking this property you acknowledge that you are responsible for paying any potential local city and tourism taxes related to your stay at the time of check out.
Private Residence with 1 level
1 bedroom, 1 bath, 0 square feet, 0 square meters
2 guests maximum
Hannover (HAJ) or Frankfurt (FRA)
1 hour and 40 mins by car from HAJ and 3 hours from FRA
...the vibrant streets of Göttingen!
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- International Händel Festival - Göttingen International Handel Festival was founded in 1920, making it one of the world's oldest festivals of Baroque music.
- Nudelhaus - Carb-lovers are spoiled for choice at this ever-popular eatery, which specialises in house-made pasta, often sauced with slightly wacky creations.
- Cron & Lanz - This ornate Viennese-style cafe is Göttingen’s dignified haunt for connoisseurs of Sahnetorten (cream cakes), Obsttorten (fruit tarts) and other calorie bombs.
- Zum Szultenburger - This traditional German pub does things to the humble schnitzel that will make your mouth water, while the Rindergulasch mit Spätzle is just the ticket in cold weather.
Places of Interest
- Städtisches Museum (14 mins) - This lovely four-storey fachwerk house, where Johannes Brahms stayed in the summer of 1853, is home to an interesting series of exhibits on Göttingen's long and lofty history.
- Junges Theater (10 mins) - Founded in reaction to mainstream theatre in the 1950s, Göttingen’s Junges Theater has long since professionalised, and enjoys a high reputation throughout Germany.
- Gänseliesel (10 mins) - Symbol of the city, is hailed locally as the most kissed woman in the world – after graduating, doctoral students climb up to peck her on the cheek.
- Bismarckturm (50 mins) - Set amid parkland southeast of the centre, Göttingen's 1898 Bismarck Tower has a 31m viewing platform from which you can enjoy excellent views.
- Paulinerkirche (7 mins) - Impressive outside, but even more special inside, the 50-metre-long Paulinerkirche is a deconsecrated church that has become a library and lecture hall for the university.