Georgetown, South Carolina
Beach Marsh View Creek Retreat
Marsh View Creek Retreat
This stunning retreat located in one of South Carolina’s most elite beach communities, DeBordieu Colony overlooks 15,000 acres of protected marsh and has 4800 square feet to relax. A Charleston designer won an award for the interior design. Surrounded by lush greenery and southern hospitality, your gorgeous four-bedroom home away from home looks out over marsh views that will take your breath away. The house is located less than a mile away from the beach, making it just a quick golf cart or bike ride away!
This home offers a true rustic take on southern elegance, boasting smooth wooden finishes paired with bright and coastal décor. You’ll love the peace and serenity of the porch and great room which makes for seamless indoor and outdoor living. The welcoming spirit of the home continues on into the state of the art kitchen, outfitted with modern appliances that are sure to help the master chef of your group whip up delicious meals.
The same leisurely, southern atmosphere continues on into each of the four bedrooms. The master features a large king-sized bed, the second bedroom a queen, and the last two bedrooms both have two twin-sized beds. Before calling it a night, grab a glass of wine and settle in on your screened-in porch to take in sweeping sunset views over the hazy marsh. You can even head down to your dock for some fishing or crabbing!
The exclusive community of DeBordieu Colony will serve as your southern oasis for the week! Community amenities include an amazing beach club, tropical tiki bar overlooking the ocean, and a fine dining experience unlike any other. For fitness fanatics, there’s a state of the art gym with scheduled classes, biking and running paths, a tennis center, and, of course, the incredible championship golf course at DeBordieu Colony. This property comes with access to a sports membership, which means you’ll have full use of all amenities during your stay. The club will issue you a temporary membership number and bill you directly for user-pay activities. Or maybe you just want to escape for a walk on the undeveloped protected beach where you can see turtle nests and wildlife or take one of the pedal kayaks into the marsh.
Georgetown itself is a hidden gem, and definitely worth escaping from your safe haven in DeBordieu Colony! You’ll love exploring this historic town, filled with live oak trees, waterfront dining, shopping, and above all, relaxation. Along Front Street and Harborwalk, you’ll find one-of-a-kind stores selling artwork, jewelry, and clothing. Pawleys Island is also nearby. Delicious restaurants serve up authentic Lowcountry cuisine, fresh seafood, and so much more. If you’re looking for something to do with the family, check in advance for one of Georgetown’s fun festivals, parades, or concerts. Most of all, just enjoy exploring miles and miles of undisturbed beach. The shoreline here is gorgeous, protected and completely untouched.
Allow your family to kick back and relax with a stay in this stellar southern community.
**There is a liability waiver to be signed to have use of the recreational vehicles on the property**
THIRDHOME has partnered with VIATOR, one of the largest online destination tours and activities provider, featuring thousands of tours and activities to choose from within a global platform of exciting offerings. VIATOR is perfect for “Do It Yourself” planners to consider when seeking to book a sightseeing day tour, city spree, regional day trips, including local city happenings.
Click the link below to view VIATOR tours and activities:
Single Family Home with 2 levels
4 bedrooms, 4 baths, 4800 square feet
King, Queen, 2x Twin, and 2x Twin
8 guests maximum
Myrtle Beach International Airport (MYR), Charleston International Airport (CHS)
1 hour by car (MYR), 1.5 hours by car (CHS)
Lovely marsh views!
Activities of Interest
- Coastal Waters Adventures LLC (15 minute drive) - Charter a boat on the lowcountry, South Carolina waters, and enjoy learning about the interesting history and wildlife of the region.
- Shelling and Lighthouse Cruise (15 minute drive) - Climb aboard the Carolina Rover for a shelling and lighthouse cruise you won't soon forget!
- Island Picnic Cruise (15 minute drive) - Beach comb for seashells and driftwood, while enjoying your prepared picnic basket on a remote barrier island accessible to few. Dolphin sightings and bird watching are all part of the island tour.
- Caledonia Golf and Fish Club (20 minute drive) - This former rice plantation now serves as a gorgeous, challenging course for serious golfers.
Places of Interest
- Georgetown Harbor Walk (15 minute drive) - Walk along the gorgeous waterway of this bustling little town, filled with delicious restaurants, historic homes, and nautical flair!
- Charleston/Myrtle Beach (1.5 hour drive) - Both of these iconic South Carolina cities are close enough for day trips!
- River Room (15 minute drive) - Join locals and visitors alike at the River Room for casual, Southern coastal dining with an historic, waterfront ambience.
- Pawley's Island (15 minute drive) - Head to this beautiful barrier island, famous for sweeping sand dunes.
- Hobcaw Barony (10 minute drive) - Enjoy 16,000 acres of natural beauty!
- Frank's Outback Restaurant (15 minute drive) - Dine on globally inspired food at this cozy eatery.
- 40"+ TV
- Air Conditioning
- Chef's Kitchen
- Gated Community
- High Speed Internet
- Multiple TVs
- Outdoor Grill
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Staffed Guard Gate
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet
- Workout Facility