The Hideaways Club - Podere Le Sensaie
La Sterza, Italy
The Hideaways Club - Podere Le Sensaie (HS)
This property is a part of The Hideaways Club and accessible to THIRDHOME members through a collaboration with HotelSwaps. The stay is for 7 days only and exchange basis is Sat-Sat (no flexibility). For requests please contact Member Experience at firstname.lastname@example.org
This 150 year old restored stone farmhouse is set in the heart of the Tuscan countryside overlooking the medieval hilltop village of Lajatico. From the golden stone façade to the earth tone interiors, Podere Le Sensaie has a luxe-rustic vibe. It's secluded enough for peaceful days under the sun and close enough to Florence, Siena, Pisa and San Gimignano for exciting days out exploring.
Take in the panoramic views of the neighbouring village from the gazebo or any of the sun terraces, or potter around the olive grove and landscaped gardens before diving into the pool for a swim.
Every corner of this luxury villa in Tuscany is finished to the highest spec, with barrel-vaulted ceilings, restored stone walls and terracotta floors. A small spiral staircase and a dovecote tower add quirkiness to an otherwise traditional look: Persian rugs, statue busts, a stone fireplace and paintings by local artists. White and wood dominate the five bedrooms while the kitchen is painted in a modern pistachio green. All bedrooms are en-suite, two with baths and three with showers.
This farmhouse also features large open plan lounge and dining areas, as well as a games room, outdoor dining area and a further upstairs living area.
During your stay in this luxury Tuscan home, there is plenty to do in the surrounding area. Wander down to Lajatico village, Andrea Bocelli's home town and visit the Teatro del Silenzio, an open-air amphitheatre where the Italian tenor hosts a concert every year in July. A short drive away is Pisa, home to the Leaning Tower of Pisa. Take a stroll down Campo dei Miracoli to visit the cathedral or amble down quaint alleyways filled with leather goods, furniture and gourmet food. Each second weekend of the month (with the exception of July and August) sees the streets around the Piazza dei Cavalieri transform into a vast open market.
Please note the exact square footage and room configuration are not available. This property is not wheelchair accessible.
PLEASE NOTE: This property is available to THIRDHOME members through a collaboration with HotelSwaps and, as such, each stay is governed by their Terms and Conditions which can be found here: https://hotelswaps.com/guest-terms-conditions-3rd-party.
If a guest Member cancels their reservation, for any reason, there are no refunds available. Amendments to this booking are not possible.
If you have any questions about this property and weeks (not requests) please email: email@example.com
By booking this property you acknowledge that you are responsible for paying any potential local city and tourism taxes related to your stay at the time of check out.
Single Family Home with 3 levels
5 bedrooms, 4 baths, 0 square feet, 0 square meters
Full, Full, Full, Full, and Twin
10 guests maximum
Pisa International Airport (PSA)
45 minutes by car
Panoramic views and sweeping landscapes towards the 12th century village of Lajatico.
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- Cycling - You can explore the Tuscany countryside and villages on a bicycle, being able to truly take in the beauty of the region.
- Thermal Water Bathing - Casciana Terme's water has always been considered one of the healthiest thermal waters in Italy, visit and have access to the pools of varying temperatures.
- Wine Tour - Visit Tenuta di Ghizzano a beautiful estate which produces world-class wine and olive oil. Learn about wine making and even take part in a tasting.
- Cheese and Olive Oil Tasting - Spend a day visiting a local farm specialising in the production of fully organic cheese and olive oil.
- Walking Tour - Visit the nearby village of Peccioli on foot learning about the village and tasting local food and wine in a taverna.
Places of Interest
- The Guarnacci Museum, Volterra (30 min drive) - Founded in 1761, this is one of the earliest public museums in Europe. Filled with Mario Guarnacci's collection of archeological antiquities.
- Pisa (50 mins drive) - A fascinating city with the famous leaning tower and the Campo dei Miracoli ('Field of Miracles'), home to the cathedral, the beautiful baptistery, and a monumental cemetery.
- Volterra (30 mins drive) - This walled town sits between the River Era and River Cecina. Originally a Neolithic settlement, you will find plenty of historical ruins.
- Florence (1.5 hour drive) - This absolutely stunning city will amaze you. Soft terracotta walls and russet coloured rooftops provide a most pleasant environment in which to discover the city, which is dripping with culture, history and beauty.
- Siena (1.5 hour drive) - Visit this city, considered one of the most beautiful cities in Tuscany. Filled with history and culture you will be truly amazed by this city.
We were 4 couples who spent one glorious week in Tuscany at this amazing villa. It was a November week and we experienced rain, rain and more rain. Fortunately, that did not hinder our fun. We went on day trips to Luca, Florence, Siena, San Gimiano and Volterra. The house is up a nearly mile long steep driveway so I suggest you rent a 4 wheel drive. The villa itself was WONDERFUL! The pictures do not do it justice. We arrived after a very long travel day to a couple of bottles of wine, cheese, prosciutto, coffee etc. We made fires in the fireplace (wood provided!) . The beds (all kings!) and bedding were so comfy. The pool was so cool - too cold for us to use it. The grounds were absolutely immaculate - thanks to adorable Sergio! The local Concierge Andrea was so helpful! I wish we could return. We all loved it! Thank you for giving us this opportunity! It was a little slice of heaven. ”
- 40"+ TV
- Chef's Kitchen
- DVD Player
- Outdoor Pool
- Wireless Internet
- iPod Dock Stereo