This unique and very charming chalet, with sweeping views and a lot of character, is nestled among the Aspen & Pine trees and offers everything you need for an unforgettable vacation.
This vintage mountain home is located in Tree Haus, directly across the valley from the ski area. It has 4 bedrooms with a a large family room and bar; 4 bathrooms and will sleep 8 people: the Master bedroom has a Queen bed and large walk in closet, is open to living room below. There is a sauna in the adjoining bathroom.
The second bedroom has 3 extra long twin beds. The third bedroom has a Queen bed. The fourth bedroom has a Queen bed. There are 5 TVs, several VCRs, several CD Players, a DVD player, a play station, a commercial Cappuccino machine, a large Foosball table and a small pool table.
The Coppertop Chalet is equipped with complimentary high speed Internet, 2 wood fireplaces, a gas BBQ grill, large private hot tub, and 3 large decks. The yard is huge and has swings and a play platform for the kids in the summer, and great open space to make a snow man, a sled run, or have a friendly snowball fight - let them enjoy play time, while you are enjoying a soak in the hot tub. The yard also has a little brook and great views of the valley and ski mountain.
Private Residence with 3 levels
4 bedrooms, 4 baths, 3000 square feet, 279 square meters
Queen, Queen, Queen, and 2x Twin
8 guests maximum
Routt County Regional Airport (HDN)
30 minutes by car
Spectaular views of Mt. Werner Ski Area
No Pets Allowed
View All Amenities
When you book this unit we will assign you a personal concierge, so you can enjoy your stay with your family and friends and not worry about a thing! Additional fees apply based on services requested.
Activities of Interest
- Snow Skiing
- Steamboat Flyfisher - Whether you're a beginner or an expert, you'll love this fly fishing experience on the truly spectacular Yampa River.
- Snow Buddy Dog Sled Tours - Get away from the busy slopes for the day, and experience this truly unique tour through the gorgeous Dunckley Pass.
- Saddleback Ranch - Escape to Saddleback Ranch to enjoy a relaxing day of riding, working cattle and seeing some gorgeous scenery.
- Yampa River Core Trail - Follow the meandering Yampa River through groves of cottonwood trees all the way to Bear River Park.
- Howelsen Hill Ski Area - Howelsen Hill, Steamboat's best city park, has alpine, snowboarding, nordic skiing and ski jumping in the winter, and an alpine slide, hiking, biking, summer ski jumping, ball fields, tennis, and horseback riding in the summer.
Places of Interest
- Yampa River Botanic Park - Come visit this six acre gem of ponds, berms, and over 40 colorful and vibrant gardens.
- Fish Creek Falls - Clear and fresh high alpine water roars down Fish Creek Canyon, spilling over the magnificent 280-ft Fish Creek Falls, one of the most popular destinations around Steamboat Springs.
- Strawberry Park Hot Springs - Get out of the cold and into these natural mineral springs with a year-round average temperature of 104 degrees.
- Routt National Forest - This forest entails more than one million acres of wilderness, offering everything from swimming to hiking.
- Cafe Diva - All the elegance of fine dining without the stuffy atmosphere! At Cafe Diva, the food is sensational, and you truly feel at home.
- L3 Chop House-Great dining on the Yampa River
Before our trip, I had read the reviews. My perspective is a bit different. The Coppertop Chalet was exactly what we were looking for. It's not fancy, but the ol ski cabin feel, very warm and comfortable. The kitchen is well outfitted. The location in my opinion was ideal ..... not ski-in/ ski out, have to drive to the ski hill, but away from the hustle and great views of the ski hill. We enjoyed the daily outdoor spa after a long day on the hill. ”
This place has so much potential: it is set in a beautiful location with Floor to ceiling windows and a great view. External architecture is beautiful; however, the inside is a bit of a nightmare. The property was not clean, the dishes and all kitchenware extremely old - as well as every single other aspect of the place. The walls to the bed sheets were extremely in need of an update. This may have been the worst place I’ve ever booked and I say that intentionally.”
My wife and I had a very nice stay but agreed it was good that this was not the week that we hosted friends in Colorado. The floor plan is quirky at best, and better designed for a close-knit family than for a number of couples or small families to share. The master bedroom is a loft above the living room, and most of the square footage is in the home's basement, which was fine for only two people. The kitchen is a small galley kitchen and would not be good for hosting a larger gathering of extended family or friends. The home would also benefit with some updating. ”