Happy Squirrel Cabin
Happy Squirrel Cabin
This unique Aspen home sits on 6500 square feet in a serene and private setting, exuding the charm of the French countryside for your trip to the mountains. Close to the Roaring Fork River and the Rio Grande trail, this lovely six-bedroom lodge was once owned by Cher and is perfect for a week filled with adventure, only minutes away from world-class skiing and providing ample amounts of luxury for you and your family.
While vast in size, this lovely log home seems cozy and comfortable, characterized by a rustic charm that you won’t be able to get enough of. The construction of the house makes good use of natural materials, such as timber and stone, to create an earthy ambiance that makes you feel right at home. While you lounge in the living room next to the radiating stone fireplace, you’ll marvel at the gorgeous antique pieces that surround you, offering a historic elegance that you’ll love.
When it’s time for dinner, the master chef of your group will have a blast getting down to business in the state of the art kitchen. With a giant center island and high-end appliances, this open-concept space is perfect for entertaining. Enjoy your meals alfresco on the spacious outdoor patio, where you’ll also find a gourmet grill that’s perfect for an afternoon barbecue. As the sun goes down, end the evening with a glass of wine and a soak in the rejuvenating hot tub.
With six spacious bedrooms, this lovely mountain home sleeps up to 12 guests. The master features a plush, king-sized bed with beautiful drapery to keep things serene and private. The master bath features sleek, pristine tile work and a deep soaking tub. The next four bedrooms all have queen-sized beds, and the final bedroom has two twins.
No matter the season, Aspen offers a great getaway for you and your family. Just a quick drive away from the mountain, you won’t have trouble hitting the slopes each and every day. Besides great skiing, you’ll be a quick distance away from Aspen’s thriving downtown and other amazing skiing locations. Aspen Highlands and Snowmass are both only minutes away, and golfers will love how close Aspen’s incredible golf club is. A unique town and not quite like any other place in the American West, Aspen combines alpine sensibilities with the glitz and glamour of Hollywood. No matter the season, you’ll have a plethora of outdoor activities at your disposal, and plenty of upscale foodie-favorite restaurants to try afterward. Come in the summer catch the local music festival, or get your exercise in with mountain biking. There’s so much to do, you won’t want to miss a beat!
Enjoy your time spent in this celebrity-approved mountain retreat!
THIRDHOME has partnered with VIATOR, one of the largest online destination tours and activities provider, featuring thousands of tours and activities to choose from within a global platform of exciting offerings. VIATOR is perfect for “Do It Yourself” planners to consider when seeking to book a sightseeing day tour, city spree, regional day trips, including local city happenings.
Click the link below to view VIATOR tours and activities:
Private Residence with 1 level
6 bedrooms, 5 baths, 6500 square feet, 604 square meters
King, Queen, Queen, Queen, Queen, and 2x Twin
12 guests maximum
Aspen–Pitkin County Airport (ASE), Denver International Airport (DEN)
15 minutes by car (ASE), 4 hours by car (DEN)
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- Snow Skiing
- Aspen Mountain Ski Area (10 minute drive) - Ski down the slopes of this amazing resort, just minutes away.
- Snowmass Creek Outfitters (30 minute drive) - Experience Aspen and Snowmass with an authentic horseback ride.
- Aspen Music Festival - From June to August, enjoy classical music from all over the country.
- Elk Mountain Expeditions (15 minute drive) - Take an adventurous whitewater rafting tour, guaranteed to give you the adrenaline rush of a lifetime!
- Aspen Golf Club (10 minute drive) - This amazing course impresses with its stunning views, challenging play, and relaxed yet luxurious atmosphere.
Places of Interest
- Maroon Bells (15 minute drive) - These twin peaks are a favorite spot for hikers and wildlife-watchers, boasting beautiful vistas and breathtaking scenery!
- Aspen Highlands (10 minute drive) - Visit the preferred ski area among Aspen locals for more than 50 years!
- Aspen Brewing Company (10 minute drive) - Offering a wide variety of beer, the Aspen Brewing Company's tap room encourages visitors to grab a pint, and drink in the views that surround them!
- Smuggler Mountain Trail (15 minute drive) - The gorgeous Smuggler Mountain Trail takes hikers through stunning scenery and exceptional views.
- Meat & Cheese (8 minute drive) - A darling of local foodies, this rustic eatery offers an eclectic mix of wines, cheeses, cured meats, and bread.
Happy Squirrel Cabin
Beautiful and fun home. Very nice stay for our extended family. A little far from town but perfect once on property. ”
Happy Squirrel is everything and more it’s described as. Charlotte & Paul the owners were most generous and responsive hosts. Tino and Ana ( the house caretakers) a delight. Thank you all so much for the most memorable stay in your beautiful home. ”