Davis Island Cottage
Davis Island Cottage
Surrounded by scenic and peaceful seclusion, this lovely four-bedroom cottage is nestled on a secluded point looking out over spectacular views of a long bay on the Atlantic Ocean. Spend your days on Davis Island watching lobster boats and sailboats passing by, enjoying all of the serenity and adventure this world-class coastal destination has to offer!
This charming cottage boasts a traditional and classic rustic feel but presents visitors with all the modern features and comforts of home. The living room features a comfortable, oversized sofa and chairs, allowing you to sink into a cozy and welcoming atmosphere as you delight in a roaring fire. With plenty of rustic charm, the living room invites you into a space that’s filled with charming art pieces and eclectic décor.
The living room leads into the fully updated kitchen, offering comfort and a cottage-like ambiance while still featuring modern amenities that will make you feel like a true master chef! You’ll enjoy access to stainless steel appliances, ensuring each meal is cooked to absolute perfection. After dinner, grab a glass of wine and head to your spacious porch to enjoy views of the sunset over shimmering blue waters.
Each of the four bedrooms is comfortable, with a bright and soothing décor that boasts a quiet elegance. The lovely master bedroom offers a king-sized bed and magnificent views overlooking the water. The next bedroom features a queen-sized bed, while the next two bedrooms are great for children, with two twin beds and a bunk bed respectively. You’ll love the classic floral patterns found on the bedding, which is snug and soft, sure to lull you straight to bed.
While Southern Maine gives you classic coastal beach towns, Eastern Maine offers a more wild, rugged beauty that’s filled with serenity at the same time. Davis Island offers the perfect destination from which to explore miles of jagged coastline, but also to relax endlessly. Spend your days uncovering hidden picture-perfect coves, perfect for beach picnics, or taking a leisurely kayak ride to gorgeous offshore islands. Shoppers will love the multitude of antique stores to peruse through. When dinner rolls around, be sure you make time to experience Maine’s famous lobster and seafood – you’re just four minutes away from Red’s Eats, where you can have what many consider to be the best lobster roll in the world!
Spend your next coastal getaway in this wild and beautiful landscape, with this lovely cottage as your home away from home!
THIRDHOME has partnered with VIATOR, one of the largest online destination tours and activities provider, featuring thousands of tours and activities to choose from within a global platform of exciting offerings. VIATOR is perfect for “Do It Yourself” planners to consider when seeking to book a sightseeing day tour, city spree, regional day trips, including local city happenings.
Click the link below to view VIATOR tours and activities:
Private Residence with 2 levels
4 bedrooms, 2 baths, 2000 square feet, 186 square meters
King, Queen, 2x Twin, and Bunk
8 guests maximum
Portland International Jetport (PWM), Wiscasset Airport (ISS)
1 hour by car (PWM), 15 minutes by car (ISS)
Beautiful water views!
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- Bar Harbor Oceanarium & Lobster Hatchery (2.5 hour drive) - This hands-on nature experience is perfect for families, and lets kids play games as they tour the lobster museum.
- Morris Yacht Charters (2.5 hour drive) - Morris Bareboat Charters offer a wide range of sailing yachts well-suited for exploring Maine’s intriguing coastline!
- Glidden Point Oyster Farms (15 minute drive) - This super friendly staff will teach you all you need to know about oysters, and you'll dine on some of the very best!
- Damariscotta River Cruises (15 minute drive) - On a hot day, there's nothing better than sailing down the river, enjoying the breezes off the water.
- Wawenock Golf Club (25 minute drive) - This stunning course has hosted generations of golfers with a great appreciation for nature and the sport.
Places of Interest
- Red's Eats (5 minute drive) - Stop in to experience what is considered by many, the best lobster roll in the world!
- Acadia National Park (2.5 hour drive) - Take a day trip up the coast to the most spectacular national park east of the Mississippi River!
- Fort Edgecomb State Historical Site (2 minute walk) - This charming historic attraction is right next-door to your getaway home!
- Split Rock Distilling (8 minute drive) - Sample several products, and enjoy full drinks and a food truck on site on the weekends!
- Shannon's Unshelled (20 minute drive) - This seasonal harbor-side shack serves up fresh lobster rolls, and features alfresco seating.