The Glass House on Vancouver Island
The Glass House on Vancouver Island
Take the chance to stay in a true architectural achievement in one of the most beautiful places in the world! This magnificent three-bedroom villa combines glass and steel at the top of Mount Matheson Estates, one of the most exclusive neighborhoods in all of Vancouver Island. With remarkable ocean views and picturesque surroundings, the Glass House is perfectly poised as a luxurious point of exploration for incredible beaches, magical forests, and so much more.
As you enter the main house, you’ll be struck by the thoughtful build and unique construction. Designed with an artistic eye for minimalism, the décor of this marvel embraces the natural beauty of its surroundings. Natural light floods the main living spaces through expansive windows and sliding glass doors, creating an effortless blend indoor and outdoor living spaces. The main attraction of the home has to be the mirrored, suspended fireplace, radiating a romantic atmosphere that shines throughout the contemporary design.
When it comes to entertaining, you won’t find a better spot than the gourmet chef’s kitchen. Exuding five-star restaurant luxury, you’ll take advantage of amenities such as a multi-tiered central island, black honed granite countertops, and stainless steel appliances from the biggest names in the industry. Deep sinks and custom Canadian walnut cabinets finish off the polished, professional feel. Before calling it a night, follow the walnut floors to the loft or family room, or head out to your private terrace to take in breathtaking sunset views.
This gorgeous home offers three private dwellings when it’s time to call it a night, providing guests with intimacy and comfort beyond their imagination. The master suite is located in the main house, featuring 30-foot ceilings, a king-sized bed, and awe-inspiring vistas. The master bath has a deep, soaking tub for some relaxation before bed. The upper suite is accessed via a breezeway on the second floor, offering a king-sized bed, its own private patio, floating gas fireplace, en-suite bathroom, and a full kitchen.
The third bedroom is located in the guest house, completely separate from the main house. The guest house features a wrap-around deck, wet bar, private bedroom, and its own en-suite bathroom with a soaking tub.
More so than the extravagant interiors, you’ll adore spending time in the plush outdoor living spaces. Fire up the grill in the fully-equipped outdoor kitchen and take advantage of a plethora of alfresco dining areas and lounge spaces. Three outdoor fireplaces and water features finish off the tranquil atmosphere. The hot tub is tucked away down the hillside, enjoying incredible mountain and starry views. You’ll also have access to a state of the art fitness center and an infrared sauna and steam shower.
Perched on the edge of the world, this pacific view home has a wonderful location for exploring the natural beauty of Vancouver Island. Head to incredible beaches in the south, where you can boat along the scenic Strait of Juan de Fuca, or explore the magical forests in the San Juan River Valley. Victoria, the capital of British Columbia, is only a 45-minute drive away and steeped in history. Wine lovers will adore the Cowichan Valley region and nature lovers will revel in the rugged wilderness of the island. Your lovely abode is close to plenty of local shops and delicious restaurants as well.
You’ll love staying in this architectural gem of a home, just as gorgeous as the landscape it inhabits!
THIRDHOME has partnered with VIATOR, one of the largest online destination tours and activities provider, featuring thousands of tours and activities to choose from within a global platform of exciting offerings. VIATOR is perfect for “Do It Yourself” planners to consider when seeking to book a sightseeing day tour, city spree, regional day trips, including local city happenings.
Click the link below to view VIATOR tours and activities:
Private Residence with 3 levels
3 bedrooms, 6 baths, 5500 square feet, 511 square meters
King, King, and Queen
6 guests maximum
Victoria International Airport (YYJ), Vancouver International Airport (YVR)
1 hour by car (YYJ), 3.5 hours by car and ferry (CLM)
Ocean, forest, and Olympic Mountain views!
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- Crab Shack Sportfishing (20 minute drive) - Plan an organized trip to catch your own or purchase flash frozen fresh caught from the local boats.
- Mossome Grove (1.5 hour drive) - Named the most beautiful and magnificent old-growth forest in Canada, this forest has a plethora of massive, historic trees and tails.
- Galloping Goose Trail (45 minute drive) - This 60-kilometer trail is great for bikers and hikers alike.
- Bear Mountain Resort Jack Nicklaus Golf Course (35 minute drive) - Golf lovers will jump at the chance to play this designer course.
- Matheson Lake (15 minute drive) - This picturesque lake is stocked with Rainbow trout and water side trails.
Places of Interest
- East Sooke Park and Beaches (15 minute drive) - Explore 50 kilometers of trails at these pristine beaches.
- The Copper Room at Sooke Harbour House (25 minute drive) - This rustic eatery offers farm-to-table fare that changes daily.
- Sea Cider Farm and Cider House (50 minute drive) - You'll love the taste of this award-winning cider.
- Victoria (45 minute drive) - British Columbia's beautiful capital has shopping, dining, museums and lovely local art galleries.