You are booking a double standard studio only for two people in collaboration with Hotel Swaps. Cancellations and booking amendments are not possible. Upgrade options are available after booking, at an extra cost. For requests, please contact your account manager or Member Experience at email@example.com REQUESTS ARE BINDING, once accepted it cannot be cancelled.
The apartments are comfortable and spacious studios for 2 guests. The studios have been elegantly decorated and furnished creating perfect environments to relax in. The kitchen is fully equipped with a stove top, oven, Nespresso coffee machine, toaster and more. You will also find all main staples for cooking. You will also find a seating area perfect for enjoying those meals you have made in the stunning kitchen.
All guests have access to an outdoor spa-area with hot tub, steam bath and a shower. Bathrobes and slippers are of course part of the amenities.
Located only 45 km from Reykjavik, Hveragerði is an ideal base for exploring both the city of Reykjarvik and also all the great sights in the South part of Iceland. Throughout the year, pillars of steam may be seen rising up from the town - and in summer it is truly a green community, abounding in trees. A green revolution is taking place as areas of woodland in and around Hveragerði expand, with the locals working together in order to further develop their blossoming town.
Certainly the most precious gem of the town of Hveragerði is its geothermal area - surely there are not many communities in the world with hot springs literally in their back yard. For safety reasons, the geothermal area is securely fenced off, but may be visited by arrangement with the tourist information centre.
A new hot spring area emerged from the ground in the earthquake that shook Iceland´s southern part on 29th May 2008. It is situated on the hillside rising above the town. Several very active hot springs throw colourful mud and clear water up into the air and are a spectacular sight. Besides the hot springs, Hveragerði has much to offer. Trout and salmon swim in the Varmá river, berries are for the picking on the heath to the west of the town, and the area abounds in excellent walking routes. Not to mention the swimming pool, hot baths, whirlpools, a natural sauna and a fitness center. Also the NLFÍ Health and Rehabilitation Clinic offers opportunities to seek health and happiness.
PLEASE NOTE: This property is available to THIRDHOME members through a collaboration with HotelSwaps and, as such, each stay is governed by their Terms and Conditions which can be found here: https://hotelswaps.com/guest-terms-conditions-3rd-party.
The exchange fee and Keys are only refundable in the event of cancelation by the Hotel. If a Guest Member cancels their reservation, for any reason, there are no refunds available.
PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT THE HOTEL DIRECTLY FOR THIRD HOME BOOKINGS. If you have any questions about this property and weeks (not requests) please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The room details and photos shown here are indicative of the property and not necessarily of the room that you will be staying in.
By booking this property you acknowledge that you are responsible for paying any potential local city and tourism taxes related to your stay at the time of check out.
Single Family Home with 1 level
1 bedroom, 1 bath, 0 square feet, 0 square meters
2 guests maximum
Keflavik Airport (KEF)
1 hour by car
Beautiful Icelandic Countryside
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- Blue Lagoon - Book your ticket to this famous geothermal spa in advance!
- National Museum of Iceland - Get yourself up to speed on Iceland's incomparable history.
- Lagafellslaug - This entertaining water park offers a massive pool, hot tub, sauna, and even a gym
- Safari Quads - Explore the unique landscape of Iceland by ATV.
- Mountaineers of Iceland - Ride a snowmobile, take a tour an ice tunnel, and so much more with this adventure company!
Places of Interest
- Gullfoss Waterfall (1 hour drive) - Visit this iconic waterfall, offering a spectacular view of the forces and beauty of untouched nature.
- Harpa (45 mins drive) - This dazzling concert hall hosts the Icelandic Symphony Orchestra and the Icelandic Opera.
- The Lava Tunnel (15 mins drive) - Known as Raufarhólshellir, this 11th-century lava tube is 1360m long (Iceland's third largest) and contains wonderful lava columns.
- Reykjavik (40 mins drive) - Visit Iceland's capital, the world’s most northerly capital with a big soul, filled with culture and history.
- Hallgrímskirkja (40 mins drive) - One of the most iconic features of Reykjavik's skyline, you'll marvel at the stunning design of this church.