Kangaroo Valley, Australia
Lush, green, beautiful hills and valleys, as well as plenty of wildlife such as wombats and kangaroos all add to the natural charm of Kangaroo Valley! The historical Hampden Bridge in Kangaroo Valley is Australia's last surviving wooden suspension bridge (an engineering feat during the Victorian Era). Taste the local cuisine of meat pies in the quaint local village. The Kangaroo River flows through the secluded valley. Explore the river and the natural beauty on a kayak or in a canoe, overnight kayaking is available. The valley is a good base to explore the region’s wilderness.
Gorgeous waterfalls are a short drive from Kangaroo Valley; both the Fitzroy Falls and the Gerringong Falls are just 10 miles away. You’ll also find exhilarating walking trails in and around the falls. Hop on a local train or travel by car for a short 2-hour ride directly into Sydney! Explore all that Australia has to offer with the lovely Kayenta in Kangaroo Valley as your rest haven.
Walk up to a beautiful mosaic walkway as you enter your home away from home and enjoy amazing views of Kangaroo Valley and the mountains all in one artistic cedarwood cottage!
This comfortable home boasts an updated and fully equipped kitchen that allows the chefs in your party to take full advantage of what Australian cuisine they can create. This wonderful, open kitchen, flows right into the dining area with ample seating for the entire family. You can enjoy a cozy dinner by the fireplace at the large dining room table, or outside on the patio overlooking the amazing views of Kangaroo Valley. There are various seating areas to enjoy time with friends and family!
The backyard has plenty of room for kids of all ages to run around and enjoy the beautiful landscaping and weather. You'll especially enjoy the beautiful garden or have a BBQ!
In the evening, you can rest assured that you will be able to freshen up with plush towels provided by your host before enjoying a cozy fire. Then you can make your way to the master suite, which includes a full bed, or the spare bedroom with a twin and full bed.
In the morning, you will be able to enjoy the breathtaking sunrise over some of the best views in the area.
THIRDHOME has partnered with VIATOR, one of the largest online destination tours and activities provider, featuring thousands of tours and activities to choose from within a global platform of exciting offerings. VIATOR is perfect for “Do It Yourself” planners to consider when seeking to book a sightseeing day tour, city spree, regional day trips, including local city happenings.
Click the link below to view VIATOR tours and activities:
Single Family Home with 2 levels
2 bedrooms, 2 baths, 9149 square feet
Full and Queen
5 guests maximum
Illawarra Regional Airport (WOL)
1 hour by car
Gorgeous views of the mountain. Overlooking Australia's "most beautiful Valley".
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- Moss Vale Golf Club (35 min by car) - Golfer's paradise with 18 holes of beauitiful scenery.
- Kangaroo Valley Safaris (3 min by car) - Wheere to go to canoe or kayak down the Kangaroo River.
- Historical Aircraft Restoration Society Museum (50 min by car) - An aircraft restoration museum of Australian Aviation Hisory.
- Sydney (2 hours by car) - Take a day trip to experience all that Sydney has to offer!
Places of Interest
- Fitzroy Falls (20 min by car) - A small village up the road named after the town's beautful 81 meter waterfall.
- Robertson Heritage Railway Station (30 min by car) - Beautifully restored railway with gardens and gallery.
- Werri Beach (40 min by car) - Beautiful beach and small town, not far from Sydney.
- Hampden Bridge (3 min by car) - Crossing the Kangaroo River and entrance into the town of Kangaroo Valley.
- Air Conditioning
- Chef's Kitchen
- DVD Player
- Espresso Machine
- High Speed Internet
- Outdoor Grill
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet
- iPod Dock Stereo