Durango Luxury Cabin with Incredible Views!
Durango Luxury Cabin with Incredible Views
Durango, Colorado, full of majestic beauty offers so many family-friendly fun adventures that you will run out of time to do and see it all! The San Juan Mountains lie just beyond the doorsteps of this luxury cabin. In the winter, skiing, snowboarding, tubing, snowshoeing and cross country skiing beckons. During the warmer months, the mountains are just waiting to be explored on foot or bike. Lakes brimming with fish, also warm enough for a leisurely pontoon boat ride. Hop on the famous, historic steam train that runs from Durango to Silverton. Take a horseback ride through the beautiful mountains. The adventures are endless, Durango Luxury Cabin is the perfect location to begin and end your days of fun in Durango. This custom-built 3,000 square foot, 4 bedrooms, 3.5 bathroom residence is located in Hermosa Meadows, which is the custom residential neighborhood next to Cascade Village. This residence is less than 2 miles north of Purgatory and 26 miles from downtown Durango.
Durango Luxury Cabin is a new luxury log cabin home with complimentary access to the abundant on-site amenities available at Cascade Village. The whole family will enjoy the indoor heated pool, sauna, outdoor/indoor hot tubs, pool table, and outdoor tennis court. Convenience abounds with the on-sight ski rental shop (with discounts) and a ski shuttle to Purgatory. This home is immediately adjacent to national forest land with hiking, cross country skiing, mountain biking, four wheeling, fly fishing and a host of other wilderness activities just out the back door. Durango Luxury Cabin features amazing views of the Needles Mountains, the signature range of 14,000-foot peaks the Purgatory area is known for, as well as Spud and Engineer Mountains.
Gorgeous wood-paneled walls and hardwood flooring add to the overall charm and appeal of this luxury retreat. Create a cozy atmosphere in the comfortable living room by starting up a blazing fire while sipping on hot cocoa after a day on the slopes. The open concept living and dining area allow for an excellent flow of entertaining. The kitchen is the perfect spot to whip up a warm, comforting meal in the winter or a light dinner in the warmer months. Morning coffee will taste even better from the back porch with the amazing, panoramic mountain views! One master bedroom, with a king-size bed, is located on the first floor and offers direct access to the back porch. An en-suite bathroom is a restful haven with an oversized soaking tub and walk-in shower. A second master suite, with a king bed, two twin beds and ensuite bathroom, is located upstairs. An additional room with a king-size bed large screen tv offers additional comfortable, plush accommodations. A guest room with two twin beds and a futon is also located on the second floor. This home features paved access so 4WD is not required in the winter.
Cascade Village is less than 2 miles north of Durango Mountain Resort Ski Area, 26 miles (less than 30 minutes) north of Durango and 25 miles south of Silverton (less than 30 minutes).
Enjoy all the on-site amenities at Cascade Village including an indoor heated pool, sauna, outdoor/indoor hot tubs, pool table, outdoor tennis court, ski rental shop and a free ski shuttle to Purgatory Resort. Venture out to the quaint towns of Durango, Silverton, and Ouray for shopping and local cuisine. For a fun day trip, experience the awe of being in four states at one time at The Four Corners Monument.
THIRDHOME has partnered with VIATOR, one of the largest online destination tours and activities provider, featuring thousands of tours and activities to choose from within a global platform of exciting offerings. VIATOR is perfect for “Do It Yourself” planners to consider when seeking to book a sightseeing day tour, city spree, regional day trips, including local city happenings.
Click the link below to view VIATOR tours and activities:
Private Residence with 2 levels
4 bedrooms, 4 baths, 3000 square feet, 279 square meters
King, King, King, and 2x Twin
10 guests maximum
Durango La Plata Regional Airport (DRO)
20 mins by car
Amazing mountain and valley views!
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- Snow Skiing
- Rio Grande National Forrest - This home is immediately adjacent to national forest land with hiking, cross country skiing, mountain biking, four wheeling, fly fishing and a host of other wilderness activities just out the back door.
- Durango (30 minute drive) - Excellent skiing in the winter. Hiking, fishing, rafting and horseback riding in warmer months.
- Mayflower Gold Mill in Silverton (1 hour and 30 minute drive) - Witness first hand how the miners were able to extract gold, silver and base metals from the hard rock ores in this complete processing mill.
- The Durango and Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad (1 hour drive) - Plug along the side of mountains as you travel through spendid scenery on this historic steam train ride from Durango to Silverton. Not to be missed fun for the whole family.
Places of Interest
- Durango Mountain Resort Ski area (5 minute drive) - Have a blast at this ski resort! Offering a tubing hill, backcountry Snowcat, boarding and skiing, snowmobiling, ice climbing, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing and moonlight snowshoe tours.
- Purgatory (5 minute drive) - Beautiful scenery and a huge variety of both winter and summer activities, located in the heart of the San Juan Mountains, this destination is fun for the whole family.
- Cascade Village - Enjoy an indoor heated pool, sauna, outdoor/indoor hot tubs, pool table, outdoor tennis court, ski rental shop (with discounts) and a ski shuttle to Purgatory.
- Animas River (20 minute drive) - Enjoy river rafting down this spectacular river.
AWESOME CABIN near PURGATORY!
This is a beautiful cabin with GREAT location to Purgatory and The Nugget & Olde Schoolhouse Pub! Absolutely perfect for large family or two families to enjoy! We had 8 ppl and accommodations were PERFECT! We made 90% of meals at the cabin and the kitchen had everything we needed to get it done right! We had a fire nearly every evening that was an added bonus with all the fresh snow! Absolutely stunning views!! 100% we'll be back!”