Welcome to La Caussade. A luxury Château & boutique vineyard perched on the hill of St. Pey de Castets. The Château which dates between the 12th and 18th centuries sleeps sixteen comfortably.
This Château combines the elegance of by-gone eras with modern luxury living. The spaces consist of ancient stone walls, oak beams, fireplaces, original floors and features such as the stunning stone spiral staircase united with all the comforts of modern luxury living.
The living and dining areas of this property are stunning. Keeping in style with the rest of the Château, the living and dining areas have been elegantly decorated creating cosy and rustic spaces to entertain and relax. In the dining room you will find the impressive fireplace, which truly adds charm to the room.
As you make your way through the property you will find the kitchen which is both rustic and modern at the same making it the perfect ying and yang space. Fitted with modern appliances yet still has the feel of an ancient French Château with exposed wooden beams, high ceilings and ample natural light. What a perfect place to rustle up some delicious French dishes!
Château La Caussade has six double bedrooms. Each bedroom has a large double bed, some with the option of twin beds instead of a double, all bedrooms apart from the attic have their own bathrooms.
The master suite is a large and luxurious space with solid oak flooring, original oak beams, stone windows from the 12th century and ancient stone walls adding a rustic feel. It also has a free standing bath with a view over the valley and 12th century church. You will also find the contemporary ensuite bathroom with a large Italian shower.
The first bedroom is a large space with south facing views over the garden and has original floorboards, repointed stone walls, a lovingly restored fire place and walk in wardrobe. You will also find a large light and airy bathroom which overlooks the garden and features an
Italian style shower. The room is also comfortably decorated out with quirky 19th century wall paper.
The second bedroom is also south facing with views over the garden, features original floorboards, stone walls and a large bathroom with Italian style shower.
The third bedroom is also south facing with views over the garden. It also has original floorboards, a large stone fireplace, stone walls & bathroom with Italian style shower. This room has a double bed which can also be separated into two twin beds. The room has also been decorated with French Renaissance Toile de Jouy wall paper.
The fourth bedroom is located on the ground floor and is also south facing with its own separate entrance, original floorboards, stone walls, & a quirky bathroom. The bathroom looks out to the orchard & neighbouring church. This room has a double bed which can also be made into two separate twin beds.
The fifth bedroom is a separate apartment which is located next to the swimming pool. It has its own private entrance. Like the rest of the Château, it has a bathroom which features an Italian shower. It also has original terracotta tiles in the living space, stone walls and a fire place. There is also a separate kitchenette. This room has a double bed and a single bed.
The final bedroom of the Château is bedroom number six. This bedroom is actually the whole attic space. The large open plan space has been completely rebuilt, it features beautifully repointed stone walls and original ancient oak beams. The space is furnished with 5 single beds and a double sofa bed. There is also a lounge area with sofas and large television.
The Château also has a heated salt water swimming pool, full size tennis court, large outdoor entertaining areas, 19th century gardens, an orchard, woodlands and nearly three hectares of vines, you will not be short of things to explore and do while staying here!
Located only 15mins from St. Emilion & 50mins from Bordeaux, the area is perfect to explore this famous wine growing region, its fabulous restaurants, countryside, coastline (an hours drive away) and the beautiful city of Bordeaux.
THIRDHOME has partnered with VIATOR, one of the largest online destination tours and activities provider, featuring thousands of tours and activities to choose from within a global platform of exciting offerings. VIATOR is perfect for “Do It Yourself” planners to consider when seeking to book a sightseeing day tour, city spree, regional day trips, including local city happenings.
Click the link below to view VIATOR tours and activities:
Single Family Home with 2 levels
6 bedrooms, 6 baths, 8611 square feet, 800 square meters
Full, Full, Full, Full, Full, and Full + Twin
12 guests maximum
Bordeaux Airport (BOD)
1 Hour by car
Stunning gardens and neighbouring Church
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- Day trip to Cap Ferret - As well as being very beautiful, Cap Ferret is the oyster capital of France. Oyster shacks line its main beach and shape rhythm and character of the place.
- Wine tours in Bordeaux - Spend a day enjoying the French reds and whites in the Saint-Emilion and Pomerol wine region.
- Truffle Farm Tour - Visit a truffle farm in Pechalifour, where you will see how truffles are grown and harvested.
- Cooking class - Learn how to prepare beautiful dishes using local seasonal produce, as well as the secret recipes on how to prepare the food.
Places of Interest
- Château de Monbazillac (55 min drive) - Visit this 12th-century fortress which offers rich history and panoramic views across the Dordogne.
- Grotte de Lascaux (2 hour drive) - Visit this prehistoric cave art centre featuring some of France’s most famous prehistoric cave paintings.
- Bordeaux (1 hour drive) - History buffs will delight in the sculpted facades while bargain hunters will appreciate the flea market or a visit to bric-a-brac shops. Gourmands can enjoy a variety of cuisines in local bistros and restaurants.
- St Emilion (15 min drive) - Visit this beautiful city filled with history, culture and vineyards renowned for producing some of the best red wines making it the most alluring of all the region's wine towns.
- Bergerac (1 hour drive ) - Visit one of the most prestigious winegrowing areas of the Aquitaine.