THE HIDEAWAYS CLUB - GALATA APARTMENT (HS)
This property is a part of The Hideaways Club and accessible to THIRDHOME members through a collaboration with HotelSwaps.
The Galata Apartment
Step onto the Galata Apartment's spacious terrace and there's no mistaking where you are: there on the misty horizon stands the vast dome and sky-scraping minarets of the mighty Hagia Sophia. Directly below this beautiful property in Istanbul, the red rooftops of Galata reach down to the banks of the Bosphorus.
This beautiful luxury apartment is spread over two floors, in the heart of Galata. The main terrace is directly off the double-height, open-plan living area, while upstairs the master bedroom benefits from a second terrace overlooking Galata.
The interiors of this piece of luxury Istanbul real estate are a mix of modern European and traditional Turkish influences. The artwork of blue and white mosaic tiles and gold dining chairs complement perfectly the ultra-modern glossy white kitchen units and the contemporary seating. Cushions covered in a Classical Ottoman print sit comfortably on the black leather sofa. The highlight of this light and spacious living area is undoubtedly the feature wall, papered in Piero Fornasetti's black and white cityscape of roofs, gilded domes and gardens. Very Istanbul.
The bedrooms of this luxury home in Istanbul are cool and modern with more traditional decorative accessories adding sense of place. Large windows and mirrored furniture give a feeling of light and space.
The Galata Apartment offers easy access to Istanbul's Old Town, but save time to explore the local area. Walk or take the nostalgic tram up Istiklal Avenue, a beautiful pedestrianised street lined with Ottoman-era buildings and crammed with boutiques, galleries, theatres and cafés. At the far end stands Galata Tower: make your way to the top for the best views of Istanbul.
PLEASE NOTE: This property is available to THIRDHOME members through a collaboration with HotelSwaps and, as such, each stay is governed by their Terms and Conditions which can be found here: https://hotelswaps.com/guest-terms-conditions-3rd-party.
If a Guest Member cancels their reservation, for any reason, there are no refunds available. Amendments to the booking are not possible,
If you have any questions about this property and weeks (not requests) please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By booking this property you acknowledge that you are responsible for paying any potential local city and tourism taxes related to your stay at the time of check out.
Private Residence with 2 levels
2 bedrooms, 1 bath, 1 square feet, 1 square meters
Full and Full
6 guests maximum
Istanbul Airport (IST)
46 minutes by car
...gorgeous views over the Bosphorus!
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- Bosphorus River Tour - Discover the city from Istanbul’s Bosphorus
- Day trip Princes' Islands - The Princes’ Islands was home to royalty of the Byzantine period and members of the Ottoman sultans family giving the islands their name.
- Grand Bazaar - Istanbul's Grand Bazaar is one of the largest and oldest covered markets in the world, with more than 4,000 shops.
- Spice Bazaar - Spices, dried fruits, nuts and seeds, lokum (Turkish delights) and other edibles fill most of the shops, though jewellery and other high-margin goods have begun to move in.
Places of Interest
- Galata Tower (15min) - Galata's iconic tower was built by the Genoese in 1348 as a fire tower. With its views across the Golden Horn to the Old City, it's the perfect way to get your bearings.
- Galata Mevlevi Museum (7min) - Istanbul's oldest tekke (dervish monastery), just south of Beyoğlu's Tünel Square, is now a museum dedicated to the Mevlevi Order.
- Hagia Sophia Museum (19min) - This ravishing 6th-century feat of architecture, with its giant nave topped by one of the biggest domes in the world, was a church for 916 years..
- Istanbul Museum of Modern Art (10min) - The Istanbul Museum of Modern Art is Turkey's first modern and contemporary art museum.
- Basilica Cistern (20min) - Built during the Byzantine era, the Basilica Cistern is one of the world’s ancient cisterns that lies beneath the city of Istanbul.