Sunset Luxury Cottage
Sunset Luxury Cottage
Sitting on three serene and private Acres, this lakefront home is the perfect blend of rustic living with all the modern amenities one could ask for! Sunset Luxury Cottage sits on a stunning perch above Canning Lake, which is part of the Five Lake Kashawigamog Chain. This beautiful cottage is sure to give you the best of lakefront fun and relaxation.
When entering the cottage, you will love the open concept great room with high beamed wood ceilings, fireplace, and all of the comfortable seating around the fireplace and flat-screen TV. The room also boasts beatifically tailored wood walls with stone accents to add to the rustic feel of the home. The massive windows in the great room are the best feature of the property not only because they allow ample natural light, but offer the best views of the property. From there, you can enter the West-facing deck where you can catch the amazing sunsets.
The kitchen flows into the main living space allowing the conversation to continue during meal prep. Everyone can help with dinner, catch a game on TV, or simply enjoy the views together. The kitchen continues with the same beautiful wood walls, with stone accents above the stove. With 6 burner gas range, wine fridge, dishwasher, and all of the modern stainless steel appliances, you will be able to cook up a delicious meal with the whole group or enjoy a cocktail around the island that doubles as a bar with plush bar stools.
The home includes four bedrooms on the main level including the Master ensuite with a plush King-size bed. The beautiful stone details on the wall, wooden wardrobe, and the glass doors leading to the deck add to the luxury yet homey feel of the room. The bathroom has beautiful rustic gold tiles. It includes a standalone tub, walk-in shower, and vanity.
The additional bedrooms include Queen-size beds and twin bunk beds. Each room has comfortable linens and storage space.
The lower level of the home has glass doors that flow into the backyard. There is also an additional sleeping area with a Queen-size futon. The lower level also includes another bathroom, refrigerator, and utility area.
When you're looking to enjoy the lake, grab a kayak, paddleboard, paddleboat, or optional Jet Boat. Get some sun on the deck and dock on the lake, too! Canning Lake is the perfect blend of beach and deep water for wading or swimming. There is lake-side bunkie for changing or extra sleeping with a Queen-size bed. Relax in the hot tub right on the water to warm up after a refreshing swim!
On the upper deck, enjoy the large outdoor sofa and enjoy a nice sunset and cocktail at the firepit table. There is always something to do or time to relax at Sunset Luxury Cottage!
Private Residence with 2 levels
4 bedrooms, 3 baths, 2500 square feet, 233 square meters
King, Queen, Queen, and 2x Queen
13 guests maximum
Toronto International Airport (YYZ)
2 hours by car.
Views of beautiful Canning Lake!
Pets Welcome Upon Approval
Not Handicap Accessible
An optional fee of $750 for 18.5 foot Bow-rider jet boat per week.
Activities of Interest
- Snow Skiing
- Gull River (25 min by car) - Canoe and raft in the Thunder Bay District and Great Lakes Basin.
- Haliburton Arts Tours (20 min by car) - A self-guided tour every year in early October where you will be welcomed into the studios and showrooms of artists that work and live inthe area.
- Dorset Fire Tower (50 min by car) - Hike up to the observation deck with breathtaking 360 degree views, standing almost a mile above Lake of the Bays.
- Bigwin Island Golf (55 min by car) - On a private island with excellent golf, dining, and hospitality.
Places of Interest
- Town of Haliburton (20 min by car) - Known as a tourist and cottage area in Central Ontario for its scenery and for its resident artists.
- The Woods of Minden Hills (7 min by car) - A serene campground retreat on a private lake nestled in 103 forested acres.
- Haliburton Wolf Preserve (45 min by car) - Enjoy the Canadian wilderness experience in this sustainable forest.
- Panorama Park Lookout (10 min by car) - Access to an interesting and visit lookout perfect for fall colors!
- Historic Kinmount Movie Theatre (20 min by car) -
Another great stay for us at Sunset Luxury Lodge. The views of the lake all day are fantastic, changing with the light as the sun moves. Watching the sunset as we sit in the hot tub at the lakeside is our favorite. Our hosts were easy to work with, as they were previously. They are very responsive when contacted. We look forward to our next stay.”
We had a wonderful stay in Minden at Grant's cottage. Highlights for us is the beautiful lake view surrounded by nature, gorgeous home, and proximity to small towns (coffee shops, boutiques and skiing). We are fortunate to have visited the cottage a second time. Thank you!”
West facing large windows, beautiful kitchen and stunning views. Can’t wait to return in the summer and swim in the lake! Thanks for your care Grant!”