Oyster Cove Cottage
Oyster Cove Cottage
Located on magical and pristine Tomales Bay, near the town of Marshall, this adorable cottage is perched on a slight elevation affording you sweeping views of shimmering waters. The bay is fed by the Pacific Ocean and boasts an abundance of marine life and water sports, offering plenty to do in the Northern California outdoors and in town.
The interior is lovingly decorated with bright and colorful art that embodies the spirit of both San Francisco and the Bay area. The tastefully appointed artisanal solid wood furniture greets you when entering this home. At 1550 square feet, and with beautiful hardwood floors laid throughout, the cottage is bright and spacious, while still feeling cozy. You can snuggle up in the main living room, on the wrap-around couch and enjoy the wood stove while watching the ever-changing view of the bay, deer and turkeys on the yard, and birds diving for fish in the bay. After a long day of enjoying the outdoors, you can also take advantage of the state of the art entertainment system complete with satellite TV or drink in the view from the hot tub.
The open concept design allows the main seating area to flow seamlessly into the modern kitchen keeping conversation going while meals are being prepared. The kitchen is complete with new stainless steel appliances, gas cooker, dishwasher, and ample lighting. The drawers and shelves are stocked with all the tools of the trade you need to prepare a meal. The large wooden family table comfortably seats eight people.
The Master bedroom is a tranquil space decorated to reflect the seaside setting. Snuggle into your plush Queen-size bed, complete with quilts and crisp white linens. The gentle lapping of the waves on the bay is the perfect sound to lull you to sleep. Wake to views of the bay and Inverness Ridge from your bed. You can also access the front deck through the sliding glass doors. The master ensuite bathroom has granite counters and a soaker tub.
The second bedroom is complete with two brightly decorated beds facing the entertainment space! The kids will be delighted with everything they need in one room! Large glass sliding doors allow the space to fill with natural light. Two sofas facing the TV can easily be converted into sleeping space if you have a larger group. The second bathroom located ensuite to this bedroom is tiled in travertine stone with a shower for freshening up.
Oyster Cove Cottage provides you with ample outdoor space to enjoy in all seasons. Have your morning coffee, yoga or an evening glass of local wine on one of two decks leading off the bedrooms and main room. Sweeping views of the Bay await you, and there is a comfortable lounge area to settle into. There is no better place to watch the sun set behind Inverness Ridge across the bay. Enjoy the gardens surrounding the home in the summer months. In the winter months, step outside under the star-filled sky and enjoy a soak in your own private hot tub. Year-round, nearby Point Reyes National Seashore offers 75,000 acres playground; a special landscape with numerous beaches and coves and hundreds of miles of trails for hiking, biking, horseback riding, as well as a unique herd of Tule Elk.
For those looking to explore the famed food culture of Northern California, Oyster Cove Cottage is steps away from the famed Hog Island Oyster Company (reservations a must) and The Marshall Store. Other famed restaurants dot the surrounding area and artisans abound such as the renowned cheese producers Cowgirl Creamery. After dinner, experience Marconi State Historic Park, located next door to the cottage, which can be accessed through the gate at the end of our private road. It offers several hiking trails with stunning bay and sunset views, perfect for an evening stroll. With an abundance of fish, birds, seals, deer, turkeys, fox, elk, and birds, Tomales Bay is perfect for the outdoor enthusiast!
The cottage is ideal for couples, families, and friends looking to slow down and enjoy one of the most beautiful locations in all of California.
The Hosts of Oyster Cove Cottage look forward to sharing this magical location with you. They are happy to answer any questions and assist you in understanding the incredible value of the serene relaxation of this unique home and breathtaking property!
**No pets/service animals allowed**
Single Family Home with 1 level
2 bedrooms, 2 baths, 1534 square feet, 143 square meters
Queen and 2x Full
6 guests maximum
San Francisco International Airport (SFO) and Oakland International Airport (OAK)
1 hr 15 min by car.
Tomales Bay and Inverness Ridge (Point Reyes National Seashore)
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- Water sports (kayaking, sailing, SUP, fishing) are phenomenal on the bay. Bioluminescence kayaking is a unique and mind-blowing experience. Water sports gear is available for hire at nearby Blue Waters Kayak and Point Reyes Outdoors.
- Point Reyes National Seashore (20 min by car) - Enjoy swimming, hiking, biking, jogging or horseback riding for miles and the amazing scenery and wildlife.
- Marconi Historic State Park (2 min walk) - With easy access from the property hike the scenic trails overlooking the bay which are suitable for a relaxed stroll.
- Tomales Point Trail (45 min by car) - Hike these trails for close up views of the Tule Elk herd and panoramic views of Tomales Bay and Pacific Ocean.
Places of Interest
- Tomales Bay - Designated a "Wetland of International Importance" is a waterbird migratory stop along the Pacific flyway regularly hosting over 20,000 birds including rare and endangered species.
- Tony's Seafood (5 min walk) - Features live music, oysters and local cuisine!. Nick's Cove Restaurant and Bar (10 min by car) is a local institution.
- Point Reyes Vineyards (10 min by car) - Produces a variety of delicious wines. Sonoma and Napa vineyards are a 45 min and 1 hr drive away respectively.
- Point Reyes Station (15 min by car) - Enjoy live music on the weekends at the Old Western Saloon (dating back to 1800s), Station House Cafe, Dance Palace among others, plus artisanal galleries and boutiques.
- Point Reyes Lighthouse (1 hr 15 min by car) - Historic lighthouse and museum and a great place for whale watching. Nearby Chimney Rock trail offers a great overlook of the elephant seals on Drake's Beach.