Chalet Le Grand Bleu -
Fabulous state-of-the-art South facing chalet with commanding uninterrupted mountain views across the meadows and river valley.
Chalet Le Grand Bleu is set in the picture postcard location of Le Biot, France. The chalet has been traditionally constructed but with all modern comforts it provides a perfect base for those who enjoy Alpine pursuits or those who just want to gaze at the spectacular view.
Designed specifically for the sports enthusiast, when returning from an active day in the mountains, enter the chalet straight into the spacious boot room. Hang your coat in the drying cupboard and place your boots on the boot warmer. A shower to freshen up, with 500 litres of available hot water – everyone can shower simultaneously. Maybe a sauna to sooth those aching bones or grab a glass of wine and from the hot tub watch the sun set behind the mountains. Fully relaxed, now enjoy a typical Savoyade dinner served at the 12 seater oak dining table and share the adventures of the day. Replete, perhaps time for a 'digestif' in front of the roaring log fire before sleep beckons with the promise of tomorrow.
•Flexible bedroom configuration with inter-changeable twin or double beds, with sleeping accommodation for up to 24 persons
•8 bedrooms, all fully en suite. 4 bathrooms with bath and shower, 4 with large walk in shower enclosures
•Ski friendly hot water system with 4 separate hot water tanks - more than sufficient to provide piping hot water to all guests simultaneously.
•Bedrooms have picture windows with full length patio doors to balconies or terraces – all south facing
Lounge and dining areas
•Two very spacious lounges each with traditional focus point real fires and comfortable leather sofas.
•Dining areas in each apartment each cater for 12 comfortably
•Wrap around balconies/terraces
•Thermostatically controlled zoned under-floor heating throughout
•Widescreen TVs, satellite and surround sound systems with film library
•Wi-fi internet access
2 fully equipped luxury kitchens with range cookers steel and glass extractors and integrated appliances, including, dishwasher, fridge freezers and microwave
•Nordic spa and steam room
•Jacuzzi spa - situated within an enclosed area of the terrace.
Ski equipment storage
Spacious, heated ski and boot room immediately accessible when entering the property (6m x6m)
It's your choice: Airport transfers, transport to ski areas, ski hire and passes can all be arranged. Its been our experience that fully catered can be a little restrictive and expensive - some nights you may wish to take advantage of a restaurant recommendation or after a heavy lunch on the slopes really feel like nothing more than a light snack.
Please let us know what we can do to make your trip as comfortable as possible.
Single Family Home with 3 levels
8 bedrooms, 8 baths, 4200 square feet
King, King, 2x Twin, 2x Twin, Queen, Queen, 2x Twin, and Queen
18 guests maximum
60 minutes by car
Uninterupted views of an alpine meadow river valley and the spectacular French Alps.
Activities of Interest
- Snow Skiing
- Wine Country
- The Portes du Soleil is a snow-sure ski area which links the French resorts of Morzine, Lets Gets, Avoriaz and Chatel with the Swiss resorts of Morgin and Champery in easy reach too.
- Once the snow has gone, there are a number of wooded trails to explore, but the spectacular mountain views across Mont Blanc and Lake Geneva are worth the visit alone.
- There are over 650km of marked piste, 208 lifts and over 100 mountain restaurants, meaning all needs are catered for.
- Chamonix Mont Blanc is only an hour away. From here the highest cable car ride takes you to the top of the Aiguille du Midi from where you can enjoy spectacular views.
Places of Interest
- This ideally located in a tranquil village of Le Biot, just 10 mins drive from the services and amenities of the lively market town of Morzine.
- With your close proximity to famous spa towns such as Evian-Les-Bains that border the Southern banks of Lake Geneva, you can easily spend a day relaxing in the curative waters of the many thermal spas present in this scenic town.
- L'Espace Thermal, the Buddha Bar Spa and the Institut de Mieux Vivre in the Royal Club Hotel are popular and chic resorts.
- 40"+ TV
- Chef's Kitchen
- DVD Player
- Handicap Accessible
- High Speed Internet
- Hot Tub
- Multiple TVs
- Outdoor Grill
- Pets (with Approval)
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet