Bedford Country Home
Bedford Corner, New York
Bedford Country Retreat
Just forty minutes from Manhattan, the Bedford Country Retreat is the perfect city escape on four green acres and placed in the rolling hills of Bedford Village. As you approach the house, you are greeted by the corral and cobblestone fence. You will love everything there is to do around the house and in Bedford Village, no matter what time of year!
As you walk in the front door, you will be welcomed by the charming eclectic décor where traditional fuses with French country. The main living area is perfectly lit by the sun. With elegant neutral tones and plush couches, take a seat and turn on the TV after a long day of hiking and exploring the woods. On cooler nights, light a fire and enjoy the snowfall through the large floor to ceiling windows.
There is another seating area and study on the main floor as well. If you must work on vacation, you will still be able to enjoy the views from your desk. There is a comfortable couch in the study, too, if you'd like to grab a book from the shelf and get some reading done by the roaring fire.
The kitchen is covered in rustic tiles and boasts beautiful stainless steel appliances. There are granite countertops throughout, and a breakfast bar with seating which is perfect for small meals or gathering in the kitchen! The washer and dryer are to the right of the kitchen making everything convenient.
For larger meals, you'll enjoy the beautiful dining room. With large windows that boast ample sunlight, as well as chic hardwood floors, the dining room will provide the perfect setting for family dinnertime.
Bedford Country Retreat has four spacious bedrooms. The master bedroom has a king-size bed and the same beautiful hardwood floors. The brightness of the room is inviting. When you're in for the night, you can get cozy under the plush linens and watch your favorite show before you go to bed.The master bathroom has long marble countertops, a walk-in shower, and jacuzzi.
The three other guest bedrooms include a queen bed in two rooms and two twin beds in the third. One of which has a fireplace and all have great views of the stunning property.
When you've done enough exploring of the area and woods, you can take a forty-minute train ride into Manhattan to get your city fix for the day. you may want to spend a quiet night in the living room playing games or enjoy a beverage in the hot tub under the night sky.
Bedford Country Retreat is the perfect home to experience real winter with so many opportunities for snowshoeing, sledding, ice skating rinks and more. In the summer, you will love the pool and woods that surround you. There is so much to do here, yet plenty of space and time to relax and appreciate the country life.
Single Family Home with 2 levels
4 bedrooms, 3 baths, 2500 square feet, 233 square meters
King, Queen, Queen, and 2x Twin
10 guests maximum
Stewart International Airport - SWF
1 hour by car.
Beautiful country views!
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- Katonah Museum of Art (10 min by car) - Check out this museum that is geared towards visual arts that cross a spectrum of artistic disciplines, cultures, and historical periods.
- Rockefeller State Park Preserve (25 min by car) - Enjoy horse-riding, walking, jogging, running, bird-watching in this beautiful park in Mount Pleasant.
- The Glass House (30 min by car) - Famous glass-walled structure & property with several different tours, all by reservation only.
- Croton Gorge Park (30 min by car) - Enjoy this beautiful 97-acre park that is popular for picnicking, hiking, and cross country skiing while enjoying the dam and waterfall views.
Places of Interest
- Mianus River Gorge Preserve (15 min by car) - A stunning 935-acre nature preserve with tons of vegetation and wildlife.
- John Jay Homestead (15 min by car) - The home of statesman John Jay, first Chief Justice of the United States.
- Teatown Lake Reservation (25 min by car) - A nonprofit nature preserve and environmental education center for hiking and viewing exhibits.
- Weir Farm National Historic Site (30 min by car) - See the historic home that commemorates the life and work of American impressionist painter J. Alden Weir and other artists who stayed at the site or lived there.