Camden Lake House
Camden Lake House
The hand-painted sign saying Well Fed Farm will cue you to the turn onto Christina's Way. You will then see the garden shed, the fenced-in organic vegetable gardens and old apple tree, immediately giving you a sense of a perfect Maine place to call home for the week. As you drive slowly down the winding half-mile path, you will arrive at this luxurious lakeside camp that consists of a magnificent hand-made Adirondack-style cedar shingle home along with two cozy cabins.
When you enter the main house via the large 1,200 square foot screened-in porch, you will immediately notice the outdoor stone fireplace, ping pong table, and handcrafted pine harvest table that seats up to 14 of your friends and family. French doors afford access into every room and can be left open to feel the quintessential Maine breeze. The great room in the center of the house boasts a magnificent indoor stone fireplace, multiple gathering areas and a handcrafted game table.
For the chef in your group, the large chef’s kitchen fully appointed with a huge 60" Wolf griddle top to make loads of pancakes and a double oven for baking. A new Sub Zero refrigerator is perfect for all your fresh Maine produce that you buy on the way in! You'll also enjoy the original Monson slate farm troth sink as you and your family or friends create meals overlooking the lake and listening to the loons.
The master bedroom in the main house has a king-size bed and a personal screened-in porch with gorgeous lake views! The furniture in the master bedroom and throughout the house was handmade by local carpenters and artisans, giving the entire home an authentic Northeastern feel.
The rest of the bedrooms in the main house have private baths either ensuite or right next to the bedroom. The rooms include a queen canopy bed, a queen Adirondak bed, and another king-size bed. Each room opens to a private porch area, so clearly the incredible views are an emphasis here.
Cabin 1 has a honeymoon bedroom with a double vintage bed. Across that is a bunk room with extra-large bunk beds.
Cabin 2, which is the loft cabin, has a queen bedroom and upstairs loft. The loft has a double and twin bed. Both of the cabins have screened-in porches, a propane gas fireplace, kitchenette, sitting area, full bath and more lovely views of the lake.
There is a large outdoor stone fire grill for barbecues and picnic tables. The waterfront has a large private dock, lounge chairs, 4 kayaks, a canoe, two paddle boards and a rowboat/little sailboat for your exploration and enjoyment. Hidden Lake is simply perfect for swimming, boating, or fishing!
The property sits on 100 private wooded acres and 3,000 feet of water frontage, perfect for exploring! This is extremely hard to find in Maine and will all be yours for the week! The lake has only five resident families and much of the time you will have the lake all to yourself.
You can walk or run the 6 mile loop in the morning before jumping into the pristine water that has no motorized boats and swim in a lake straight out of the pages of a magazine.
***The property is mostly solar-powered and eco-conscious and the Host asks that members be mindful of conservation.***
***There is a newly built outdoor pizza oven for those who know how to use it. Please get permission before using it.***
Estate with 2 levels
7 bedrooms, 5 baths, 3500 square feet
Twin, Queen, Full, Bunk, King, Queen, and Queen + Twin
16 guests maximum
Bangor International Airport (BGR); Portland International Airport (PWM)
1 hour by car to BGR, 90 mins by car to PWM
Hidden Lake views!
Activities of Interest
- Downtown Camden (20 min by car) - The "Jewel of the Coast" where you can explore the shore, mountains, shops, and restaurants.
- Camden Hills State Park (20 min by car) - Go bird-watching, cross-country skiing, hikihn, horseback riding, snowshoeing, and jogging!
- Camden Opera House (20 min by car) - Catch a variety of shows including ballets, musicals, comedians, films and classical music concerts.
- The Schooner Surprise (20 min by car) - Book a tour on this historic ship and see wildlife, lighthouses and beautiful views of Penobscot Bay.
Places of Interest
- Camden Harbor Park and Amphitheatre (20 min by car) - Experience these beautiful bayside parks and catch a craft fair, concert, festival or theater production.
- Uncle Willy's Candy Shoppe (20 min by car) - Take a trip back to a simpler time try some local candy.
- Merryspring Nature Center (25 min by car) - A nature-lovers paradise, this 66 acre park offers hiking trails and tons of beautiful flower gardens.
- Natalie's Restaurant (25 min by car) - A sophisticated restaurant that brings to mind elegant Parisian dining rooms.
- Chef's Kitchen
- Multiple TVs
- Wireless Internet