Modern Sonoma County Retreat - Private Access to 300 Acres of Wilderness!
Santa Rosa, California
Sonoma County Retreat
Find sleek, modern elegance among the golden hills, renowned vineyards, and majestic oaks of Sonoma County at this country home between Santa Rosa and Calistoga. Situated on more than three acres at the end of a private drive, this dog-friendly property features a private swimming pool and deeded access to hiking and horseback riding trails along the neighboring 400-acre Safari West grounds. Spend your days wine tasting and cycling on country roads, and return home to admire the stunning landscape from the expansive wrap-around deck.
The living room greets you with high ceilings, bright tones, comfortable modern furniture, and sleek light hardwood floors throughout the home. Take a seat in the L-shaped couch and watch the flat-screen TV. The openness of the space provides a sense of togetherness as well as ample sunlight shining through the large windows.
The gourmet kitchen has vaulted ceilings and a glass-encased wall boasting stunning outdoor views. The all-white contemporary design is perfect for any occasion. The chefs will love the high-end appliances and clean and open space with plenty of marble countertops to be as creative as they wish! The beautiful marble island provides some stools so all can gather around and enjoy one another's company in this beautiful space with a glass door to the back terrace.
The dining table is set next to sliding glass doors that open onto the terrace. The breathtaking California backdrop will be the perfect setting for any meal. The table seats six comfortably.
The en-suite master includes sliding glass doors and impeccable views. Neutral tones adorn the room which allows the colorful outdoor landscaping to pop even more. Curl up after a long day under the plush linens and watch the sunset from the windows.
The master bathroom is spacious and provides the most modern amenities. Enjoy the sleek countertops and double vanity. You will also love the luxurious marble walk-in shower.
There are two guest bedrooms that include a queen-size bed and share a bathroom. The rooms have soft tones and large windows with lovely views of the backyard oasis. The shared bathroom has a beautiful double vanity and walk-in shower with Spanish tiles. A 4th bedroom on the lower floor has a convertible couch and half bath nearby.
This contemporary home boasts an enviable location between Santa Rosa with its many micro breweries and the ever-charming town of Calistoga with its wineries, natural hot springs, and world-class spas. Nature enthusiasts can visit the Petrified Forest five miles east, where you can step back in time and walk among petrified Redwood giants that date back to the Pliocene Epoch over three million years ago. The unique preserve, Safari West is just a few minutes away where jeep tours put you in close contact with Giraffes, Tigers and more.
No matter the direction you choose to drive, you'll encounter renowned wineries and vineyards in both the Sonoma and Napa Valleys. This Sonoma Retreat is centrally located among the best of California and is the perfect home to regroup and relax before the next day of adventure.
Single Family Home with 2 levels
4 bedrooms, 2 baths, 2250 square feet
Queen, Queen, Queen, and Queen
8 guests maximum
San Francisco International Airport - SFO
1.5 hours by car.
Sonoma countryside, rolling hills, 100s of Blue Oak trees on and around the property.
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- Matanzas Creek Winery (30 min drive) - Scenic winery in a remote environment with lavender gardens, a bocce court, tasting bar & gift shop.
- Napa Valley Wine Train (1 hour drive) - This unique restaurant experience departs from downtown Napa and journeys through 18 miles of scenic vineyards and hills.
- Bouverie Wild Flower Preserve (35 min drive) - This beautiful preserve is home to oak woodlands, evergreen forests, and colorful wildflowers.
Places of Interest
- Sonoma Valley Regional Park (30 min drive) - With rolling hills, picnic areas, and equestrian trails, this park offers peace and serenity.
- Charles M. Schulz Museum and Research Center (20 min drive) - Dedicated to the works of Charles M. Schulz, home to many of the original Peanuts strips, as well as other artwork by Schulz.
- Petrified Forest (25 min drive) - See this amazing forest with trees petrified by volcano activity 3.5 million years ago.
- Safari West (3 min drive) - A conservation preserve dedicated to helping animals mostly native to Africa like giraffes, rhinoceros, cape buffalo, cheetahs, zebras, primates and numerous species of birds.
- 40"+ TV
- Air Conditioning
- Chef's Kitchen
- Espresso Machine
- High Speed Internet
- Multiple TVs
- Outdoor Grill
- Outdoor Pool
- Pets (with Approval)
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet