Olepangi House: Set in the Foothills of Mt Kenya
Olepangi provides a beautiful, tranquil space for you to re-connect with nature. The Olepangi community is one of warmth; an embrace into another world where the day to day busy-ness of life can be forgotten.
Set in the foothills of Mt Kenya, Olepangi offers guests a chance to reconnect with nature, a space to practice mindfulness amongst the beautiful, tranquil Laikipia landscape. With astonishing views of Mt Kenya, the second largest mountain in Africa at more than 17,000 feet and Olepangi is the perfect location for exploring Laikipia and all it has to offer.
Ride a horse, play croquet, walk in the community or venture out and explore the area's abundance of natural beauty and wild spaces. With easy access to the Lolldaigas, Ngare Ndare forest reserve and its blue pools, Samburu National Reserve, climbs on Mt Kenya or the sacred flat-topped Ololokwe, you'll be spoiled for choice.
Olepangi house is a fabulous 5 bedroom house with panoramic views north to the Lolldaigas and south to Mt Kenya. The house sits at 5500 sq ft in size, offering ample space for you and your guests.
Tastefully decorated with antiques from the owner's far-reaching travels, this is the perfect place to reconnect with friends and family.
The main living areas of Olepangi House are stunning. Bright and elegantly decorated they make the perfect place to socialise with friends and family. You will also find a grand fireplace perfect for a cosy evening in.
All 5 bedrooms are bright and offer stunning views across the Kenyan countryside. The bedrooms have also been elegantly decorated creating peaceful spaces to rest.
You also find multiple balconies which are the perfect places to enjoy your morning coffee while you gaze across the Keyan countryside.
Olepangi House also features expansive gardens landscaped with the most beautiful flowers, birds chirping and butterflies fluttering everywhere, offering guests stunning spots to retreat in comfort and nature. You will also find chic outdoor dining areas and even a fire pit!
A very special home from home!
THIRDHOME has partnered with VIATOR, one of the largest online destination tours and activities provider, featuring thousands of tours and activities to choose from within a global platform of exciting offerings. VIATOR is perfect for “Do It Yourself” planners to consider when seeking to book a sightseeing day tour, city spree, regional day trips, including local city happenings.
Click the link below to view VIATOR tours and activities:
Estate with 2 levels
5 bedrooms, 6 baths, 5500 square feet, 511 square meters
King, Queen, 2x Twin, King, and 2x Twin
10 guests maximum
Nairobi - Jomo Kenyatta Airport (NBO)
4 hrs by car
Mt Kenya and millions of acres of wildlife conservancies bordering the property.
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- Polo - Learn how to play Polo at Olepangi's own bush Polo pitch.
- Horse Riding - Enjoy an outride into the surrounding community area, and if you're adventurous venture into Lolldaigas Ranch.
- Climb Mt Kenya - Olepangi Farm is just a short 20 minute drive from Sirimon gate. This is a very scenic and popular route up the mountain and we have a selection of hand picked guides who can take you up there.
- Helicopter Ride - The best way to see Mt Kenya, a truly amazing experience!
Places of Interest
- Lolldaigas Ranch (50 min drive) - Visit one of the most beautiful ranches in Kenya with an abundance of wildlife and views that stretch to infinity.
- Ol Pejeta Conservancy (1 hour drive) - Visit this 90,000 acre conservancy which provides a sanctuary for great apes, black rhino, white rhino as well as a wide variety of different wildlife.
- Solio Ranch (2 hour drive) - If you are interested to see the endangered Rhinos in the wild this is the place to go! Solio Ranch houses around 350 rhinos!
- Samburu National Reserve (1.5 hour drive) - Visit one of Kenya's best wildlife reserves in terms of landscape and quantity of wildlife.