Canary Islands Retreat
Canary Islands Retreat
Designed by well-known architect, Tomas Machado, and an interior designed by English architects, Sibyl Colefax and John Fowler, this Canary Islands Retreat feels more like a charming English manor filled with stately antique furnishings. Close to the vibrant city center of Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Beach of Las Teresitas, and near major airports and tramways, everything you need to make your Spanish island retreat spectacular is right out your front door.
Known as Britain's best known traditional interior decorating firm, Colefax and Fowler’s work greets you as you enter the home. The foyer is adorned in patterned marble tiling that is carried through other spaces in the home. From here, you can choose from 2 living rooms each with their own personality. Both rooms have decorative fireplaces, elegant décor, and lavish furnishings. You will feel like royalty as you sit down in any of the couches and look out over the land outside the expansive windows.
Another seating area is located in the tower and bar area on the fourth floor. This room would serve as the perfect office for peace and quiet and high-end comfortable furnishings, or the perfect place to enjoy a fine bourbon or local wine. There is also an expansive seating area and wet bar. From here you can see water and urban views, as well as all of the lush vegetation that surrounds you. Make a drink and enjoy this once in a lifetime view.
The gourmet kitchen is spacious and filled with high-end modern appliances. The dark blue tiling complement the cabinetry and bright wallpaper. The chefs in the family will enjoy the stainless steel appliances and the views from the space. There are multiple areas to enjoy your meal once everything is prepared. The kitchen has an elegant antique table that seats at least 6 guests. This space is perfect for everyone gathering together and enjoy a lighter meal and conversation.
For a more formal setting, the dining room is idyllic. Marble tiles cover the floors, and the stately fireplace is the perfect centerpiece to the room. The long glass dining table seats 8-10 guests. The space is open so that everyone can gather from other rooms and enjoy one another’s company.
There are 5 inviting bedrooms, each with their own color schemes and heirloom furnishings. They all include modern en-suite bathrooms and views of the property. The master suite has a king size bed. The other bedrooms have a queen or two full beds. The fifth bedroom has 2-3 full beds, and is ideal for a kid’s playroom if you’re bringing the whole family!
There are four separate terraces throughout the house that can be accessed from the second and third floors. Lookout over the garden or see for further at the surrounding area. From the ground floor, you can enjoy the large brick porch with seating and a soothing hot tub and refreshing exterior shower. The outdoor landscaping is authentic to the region and will ensure you feel that you are truly experiencing the Canary Island way of life.
The home is surrounded with some of Spain's most stunning beaches, each with their own terrain and unique beauty. A short drive brings you to the shores of these white and black sand, or rocky beaches. You are surrounded by historic castles, breathtaking parks, and art venues for world-renowned shows. This highly desired destination is ideal for any trip whether you're looking to getaway with the family, a couple's retreat, or a unique vacation of a lifetime. Canary Islands Retreat is the perfect place to call home.
***The host has kindly included a complimentary mid-week clean.***
Private Residence with 4 levels
5 bedrooms, 7 baths, 6000 square feet, 558 square meters
King, Queen, Queen, 2x Full, and 2x Full
10 guests maximum
Tenerife Norte Airport (TFN)
15 min by car.
City views and sea is visible from the tower.
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- Rural Anaga Park (35 min drive) - Almost 36,000 acres this natural park features wildlife & dozens of small rural settlements.
- Adán Martín Tenerife Auditorium (10 min drive) - See a show at this uniquely built concert hall seating 1800 people, with superior acoustics, and located right on the ocean.
- Museum of Nature and Man (5 min drive) - Take a tour of this incredible museum holding artifacts from the medieval period.
- César Manrique Maritime Park (10 min drive) - Go for a swim, a walk in the park, or sunbathe with ocean, mountain, and urban views.
- Port of Santa Cruz de Tenerife (25 min drive) - The most important port of the Canary Islands, take a stroll and enjoy the panoramic views and watch the ships come in.
Places of Interest
- Las Teresitas Beach (20 min drive) - This one-of-a-kind beach is filled with rocks and a small strip of black sand making it unique and stunning.
- Spain Square (10 min drive) - Mixing elements of many Spanish architectural styles, this historical area was originally built as the mecca of the World Fair of 1929.
- Palmetum of Santa Cruz de Tenerife (10 min drive) - Enjoy this palm tree-filled botanical garden surrounded by water.
- Barranco de Tahodio (15 min drive) - Observe this natural wonder fed by the Atlantic Ocean.