Hitting headlines, topping bucket lists, wooing nature lovers and dazzling increasing numbers of visitors – there seems no end to the talents of this breathtaking northern destination.
This magnificent 1300 square feet, 2 bedroom apartment is just five minute drive from downtown Reykjavik - the beating heart of Iceland.
The apartment was constructed in 2018 and is stylishly decorated with authentic Icelandic paintings on the walls. It is the perfect size for two couples or a family. The apartment comfortably sleeps five, with the two bedrooms and a sofa bed (ideal for a kid), and two full bathrooms. The apartment has a large balcony with a Jacuzzi, sauna, and a lovely forest view.
Private parking is available in front of the apartment.
The property is situated in a quiet neighborhood in Fossvogsdalur Valley just steps from a beautiful park that includes walking trails and Frisbee Golf: follow the walking paths to Elliðarárdalinn National Park, which includes a waterfall, wild rabbits, and the only salmon fishing river within city limits in Europe.
In the opposite direction, walk 15 minutes along the bay to Iceland’s only geothermal beach, where you can grab something to eat and drink at Nauthóll restaurant, and watch small planes take off from the regional airport.
Take a 40 minutes walk to downtown Reykjavik via a beach-side walking path, or get there in just a short 5 minute drive. Within a fifteen minute minute walk is Kringla mall, containing multiple stores and restaurants. Also within a 10 minute walk is Eldofnin (“The Fire Oven”), one of the best pizza restaurants in Iceland.
The world's most northerly capital is home to the kind of egalitarianism, green thinking and effortless style that its Nordic brethren are famous for – all of which is wrapped in Iceland's assured individuality.
THIRDHOME has partnered with VIATOR, one of the largest online destination tours and activities provider, featuring thousands of tours and activities to choose from within a global platform of exciting offerings. VIATOR is perfect for “Do It Yourself” planners to consider when seeking to book a sightseeing day tour, city spree, regional day trips, including local city happenings.
Condo with 1 level
2 bedrooms, 2 baths, 1400 square feet, 131 square meters
Full and Full
5 guests maximum
Keflavik International (KEF)
50 mins by car or 8 mins by private airline
...stunning views over the sea and the forest!
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- Snow Skiing
- Lagafellslaug - This entertaining water park offers a massive pool, hot tub, sauna, and even a gym!
- Safari Quads - Explore the unique landscape of Iceland by ATV.
- Mountaineers of Iceland - Ride a snowmobile, take a tour an ice tunnel, and so much more with this adventure company!
- Laxnes Horse Farm - This family run business is the oldest tour operator in Iceland, offering rides through sprawling, breathtaking landscapes
- Hviti Riddarinn - Enjoy a delicious meal and excellent service at this local restaurant,
- Golden Circle Day Tours - This tour makes sure you get a glimpse of the must-see attractions in southern Iceland, such as Gullfoss Waterfall, Geysir geothermal area and Thingvellir National Park.
Places of Interest
- Downtown Reykjavik (10 mins) - Reykjavík is so much more than just a destination; it’s a place of exciting possibilities surrounded by incredible landscapes, where countless adventures beckon
- Thingvellir National Park (50 mins) - Explore the rugged hiking trails of this national park.
- Bessastaðir (15 mins) - Besides being the residence of the President of Iceland, Bessastaðir is also an important historical site that has played a prominent role in the history of the country.
- Harpa Concert Hall (15 mins) - Harpa is an enchanting destination for intrigued travellers and its grand-scale award-winning architecture has attracted 4 million guests since its opening, May 4, 2011.
- Hofsstadir Historic Park Viking Longhouse (10 mins) - At the new history park at Hofsstaðir, visitors can experience an interesting, extensive and entertaining multimedia presentation which includes three-dimensional reconstructions of the longhouse.