Sa Posada de Balitx
Sa Posada de Balitx
Fornalutx is considered to be “The most beautiful village in Spain”.
This 11th-century stone house is stunning! Recently renovated with the aim of keeping its original characteristics, it has become an important part of Fornalutx.
Offering spectacular mountain views, this house allows you to enjoy serene luxury in a traditional Mallorquin setting.
Sa Posada de Balitx is both historic and grand sitting at 7,104 sq ft in size. Although the Posada de Balitx has kept its old traditional stone house features, the property is very bright with natural light flooding through.
On the first floor, you will find the modern kitchen which is fully equipped with modern appliances, perfect for rustling up some delicious meals.
Just off the kitchen, you can find a stunning terrace perfect for alfresco dining with outdoor seating for up to 12 people. The terrace is shaded by grapevines and array of bougainvillaea. From the terrace, you can access the courtyard garden.
Following on from the kitchen is the main dining room, with a large jacaranda table which can sit up to 12 people. Resting about the jacaranda table is a stunning designer chandelier! You can also find a recently tuned piano and a working fireplace making it the perfect place for entertaining. The living room also has a working fireplace.
Also on the first floor, you will find the green bedroom with a double bed in front of a gorgeous french balcony and an en suite bathroom with a green marble floor and a shower.
As you make your way further up in the property you will find another bedroom. This bedroom too has a double bed and ensuite bathroom. From the main stairwell, you can access a large guest bathroom with a shower.
Further up the property and you will find the spacious master bedroom suite. The master bedroom boasts a stunning french balcony which offers magnificent views. The room also features a double bed and a quaint fireplace.
On the top floor of the house, you will find a further two bedrooms which both come with en suite bathrooms. One bedroom has a double bed and the other one has a double bed and a sofa bed which can fit up to two people.
Finally, on the very top of the house is the Studio offering amazing views over the rooftops of Fornalutx, the mountains and the valley. The studio is spacious and ideal for activities like yoga, reading or just relaxing. The studio is also equipped with a Chromecast enabled projector and can be used as a home cinema.
Just off from the Studio is a stunning roof terrace equipped with outdoor furniture making it an ideal spot for alfresco dining of a morning or evening! You will also find an outdoor shower perfect for cooling off on a hot day.
All in all, Sa Posada de Balitx offers a historic yet modern holiday!
THIRDHOME has partnered with VIATOR, one of the largest online destination tours and activities provider, featuring thousands of tours and activities to choose from within a global platform of exciting offerings. VIATOR is perfect for “Do It Yourself” planners to consider when seeking to book a sightseeing day tour, city spree, regional day trips, including local city happenings.
Click the link below to view VIATOR tours and activities:
Single Family Home with 4 levels
5 bedrooms, 6 baths, 7104 square feet
King, King, King, King, and Other
12 guests maximum
Palma de Mallorca (PMI)
45 minutes by car
The Tramuntana mountain range and Soller valley (UNESCO World Heritage).
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- Olive Tour - Take a tour of a local olive oil press in Soller and learn about the oil production and taste the delicious produce.
- Hot Air Ballon Ride - Glide up, up and away on a morning or afternoon hot air balloon ride over northeast Mallorca.
- Catamaran Cruise - Enjoy views of the breathtaking shoreline of Mallorca, and you’ll have several swimming and snorkeling opportunities in the Mediterranean Sea.
- Palma Aquarium - Dive into the marine world and admire vibrant coral and discover more than 700 fish species from all around the world.
- Wine Tasting - Tour the facilities of a local winery and take part in wine tasting. Also learn all about the island's ancient winemaking traditions.
Places of Interest
- Soller (12 minute by car) - Visit this town surrounded by the green hills of the Serra de Tramuntana. Steeped in history dating back to the 13th century.
- Catedral de Mallorca (1 hour by car) - Visit the city of Palma's major landmark, designed by Antoni Gaudi, this gothic cathedral dates back to the 17th century and is truly a magnificent landmark.
- Jardins de Alfabia (20 minutes by car) - Visit these stunning gardens featuring a finca with a baroque facade surrounded by stunning flora.
- Palma de Mallorca (1 hour by car) - The capital of Mallorca, Palma is historic, cultural and truly magnificent.
- Monestir de Lluc (45 minute by car) - A stunning monastery dating back to the 17th century with a museum showcasing Talayotic artefacts, folk art and crafts, religious icons and vibrant paintings by Josep Coll Bardolet.
- Chef's Kitchen
- Covered Parking
- Espresso Machine
- Outdoor Grill
- Outdoor Pool
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet