Far Horizon Estate
Adirondack Mountains Luxury Cabin
This authentic, fully restored 1930’s Adirondack Lodge with a new, separate cabin, is situated on twelve and a half acres with breathtaking views of the Adirondack Mountains. Providing the utmost luxury and seclusion, this quaint abode is the ideal place for mountain and lake life, yet still convenient to all of the fun surrounding activities. Just a five minute drive to the village of Lake Placid, you can enjoy the charming shops and restaurants after a day enjoying skiing the mountains, or swimming in the lakes, making this the perfect location year round!
Enter to beautiful hardwood floors, handcrafted vaulted ceilings, and plenty of rustic décor and accents. Curl up by the stone fireplace on the plush furnishings and lookout over the Adirondack Mountain range through the large windows and glass doors. There is an additional den and seating area so everyone can spread out and have some peaceful downtime.
Flowing into the dining space and kitchen, everything is homey and perfect for family gatherings. The kitchen is spacious and covered in fine cabinetry and sleek elegant granite countertops. The stainless steel appliances provide plenty of ease and room to make a meal for an entire group. Everyone can gather to cook with the mountains as the perfect setting. Enjoy it in the kitchen at the breakfast bar or the dining table for larger meals.
There are four cozy and charming rooms in the main house, adorned in the best of cabin life with every luxury afforded to make for a comfortable stay. The first bedroom has a fireplace and en-suite bathroom with modern appliances. The second room is a queen with an en-suite bathroom. The third room has a queen and twin, and en-suite bathroom, and the fourth includes 2 twin beds.
The detached cabin offers full modern amenities, similar to the main house. With a spacious, open great room and massive vaulted ceilings, there is plenty of space for everyone. The fully equipped kitchen offers everything you need to whip up a feast, including an island/prep table. The cabin includes three bedrooms and one full bathroom. Two of the bedrooms have queen beds, and the third bedroom has two twin beds.
Whether you’re traveling in the summer or winter, Lake Placid offers plenty to do no matter what time of year. There are lakes and rivers all around for boating, fishing, and water sports. There are hundreds of trails to hike on the Adirondack Mountains, and plenty of lookout points to enjoy the impeccable views. In the winter, enjoy the Olympic grade ski slopes, trails, jumps, and more! Truly a family-friendly place and outdoor enthusiast’s dream, Adirondack Mountains Luxury Cabin, is the perfect place to enjoy a perfect luxury cabin vacation.
Private Residence with 1 level
7 bedrooms, 5 baths, 3300 square feet, 307 square meters
King, Queen, Queen, Queen, 2x Twin, 2x Twin, and Queen + Twin
16 guests maximum
Adirondack Regional Airport (SLK); Plattsburgh International Airport (PBG)
40 minutes by car (SLK); 1 hour by car (PBG)
Adirondack Mountain Range!
Pets Welcome Upon Approval
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- Snow Skiing
- Whiteface Mountain Ski Resort - Enjoy 86 trails and expert runs, perfect for all levels on these spectacular mountains.
- Adirondack Loj - The place to be in the summer for canoeing and kayaking, and in the winter for snowshoeing and more. Enjoy guided hikes and backpacking trips.
- Olympic Ski Jump Complex - Visitors to this year-round training and competition site can watch daring ski-divers, and explore these amazing grounds.
- Brewster Peninsula Nature Trails - Get the best views of Lake Placid while you explore these perfect hiking trails.
Places of Interest
- Lake Placid - The hub of winter sports, this lake is also an excellent place to enjoy in the warmer seasons surrounded by stunning landscaping.
- Mirror Lake - Enjoy swimming at the public beach in the summer, and skating or playing hockey in the winter.
- Downtown Lake Placid - Spend the day exploring the area's shops with hand-crafted goods, flowers, gifts, and more!
- Mount Jo - Take a quick hike, and overlook the incredible views for miles of the lake and forests.
My family and I visited Far Horizon and it simply exceeded our expectations! The property is absolutely magical. The estate is just the right amount of luxury and authenticity that Lake Placid embodies. Sue was very helpful and communicative and left us a beautiful welcome basket filled with S’mores! We hope to visit again very soon. ”