Malé Borové, Slovakia
Chalet Borovo Located on the border of Liptov and Orava regions very close to the Západné Tatry-Roháče National Park. It is a traditional Slovak wooden house built exclusively from natural materials, including wood, stone, sheep wool, hemp and clay.
Comprising of two floors, four bedrooms, three bathrooms and a total area of 2583 square feet, this home will comfortably accommodate up o 8 people. The village where these top-notch chalet seats have no hotels, so you and your guests will be able to feel very much like locals. But don't let the location make you believe that there will be no fun options. During summer you will find horse riding, bike trails and rafting, as the white winter brings more than 6 skiing slopes/ resort, everything within 45 minutes drive from your this lovely Slovakian home.
The cottage is a traditional log construction built from solid spruce beams. The roof is covered with oak shingle. Sheep wool and hemp were used for insulation, which allows the building to breathe. Heating is provided by a traditional tiled stove, which is the heart of the cottage and a source of pleasant radiant heat.
The quality of indoor areas is improved by clay coat on walls, casein paint and natural oils ensuring ideal humidity and eco-friendliness. Oak and spruce floors are also impregnated with natural oil.
Location wise the property is set in one of the most picturesque corners of Slovakia, at the end of the village of Malé Borové. The surroundings provide limitless options for summer and winter activities, located near a forest at the end of the village, ensuring total peace and calm. If you wish to experience an authentic holiday in a beautiful mountain surrounding or if you are looking for a peaceful spot to relax, Chalet Borové is perfect for you.
THIRDHOME has partnered with VIATOR, one of the largest online destination tours and activities provider, featuring thousands of tours and activities to choose from within a global platform of exciting offerings. VIATOR is perfect for “Do It Yourself” planners to consider when seeking to book a sightseeing day tour, city spree, regional day trips, including local city happenings.
Click the link below to view VIATOR tours and activities:
Single Family Home with 2 levels
4 bedrooms, 3 baths, 2583 square feet, 240 square meters
King, King, Full, and 2x Twin
8 guests maximum
Propad Airport (TRAT)
1 hour by car
Mountains and village views
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- Snow Skiing
- Slovak Museum of Nature Protection and Speleology - Get to know everything that caves can tell about our history and the planet we live.
- Orava Castle - Standing within a wooden fortification since 1241, the castle has been through a lot, but remains strong and potent as it is mean to be.
- AquaRelax - Stainless steel swimming pools, crystal clear water, sauna, fitness centre. Everything in one place.
Places of Interest
- Aquapark Tatralandia - (40 min drive) - Ten swimming pools, 6 water slides and tubes, Tropical paradise, restaurants, Wellness & Spa all 365 days a year.
- Liptov Castle - (48 min drive)- The ruin of a Gothic castle with a connected Renaissance castle stands on a small elevation in the middle of the plane and was built back in 1312.
- Tatrapolis - World of Fantasy (40 min drive) - Good fun for the little ones with live shows and iron cast miniatures of world famous landmarks.
- Ski Opalisko (1 hour drive) - 3.3 km of slopes available for ski and snowboard, with 5 lifts transporting guests uphill.
- Chef's Kitchen
- Espresso Machine
- High Speed Internet
- Outdoor Grill
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet