Luxury Log Mountain Home - Close to Wolf Creek!
Luxury Log Mountain Home
Situated atop a hill high enough to enjoy breathtaking mountain views throughout the home, this modern luxury cabin is the perfect place to call home on your next Colorado trip. Located near endless hiking trails, Wolf Creek Ski Resort, national parks, and more, there is plenty to do all around the home. With an in-home theater room and entertainment space, staying in will offer plenty of activities as well.
Enter to soaring vaulted ceilings, hand hewn logs throughout, hardwood, and slate flooring. The home is the perfect combination of elegance and rustic charm. The great room welcomes you with an open-concept, cozy living room, and chef’s kitchen. The living room awaits with plush leather furnishings, and impeccable views through two story windows of the pine tree filled outdoors. Take a seat and enjoy the floor to ceiling stone fireplace, or a show on the flat screen TV. A gorgeous log loft hovers over the space, so that the home feels open enough to allow everyone to spread out while still being together.
The kitchen is perfect for entertaining, with large granite countertops, and a spacious hardwood dining table. The chefs in the family will enjoy the high-end stainless steel appliances, like the double oven and large refrigerator. The knotty cabinets hold everything you will need for a homemade dish, and the group will love the views from the dining table. For mountain-side al fresco dining, take everything out to the deck through the glass doors in the great room.
The master bedroom is on the main floor surrounded by windows, and a glass door leading to the log deck for more views. The queen canopy bed sits among hardwood floors, a stone fireplace, and flat screen TV. There is also a leather chair, so you can enjoy a good book in the quiet of the space, or watch the sunset over the trees. The en-suite master bathroom includes a double granite vanity and spacious walk-in shower.
For indoor fun, enjoy the theater room with the whole family. Gather around on 12 recliners and watch the 110" HD theater to watch a family favorite. The loft space also includes a pool table, foosball, 14 foot shuffleboard table and plush leather couches to relax and enjoy a beverage while you watch the games. Outside, everyone will enjoy the patio furniture as you lookout over the miles of forest and mountains. After a long day of hiking, relax in the hot tub on the deck and take it all in.
The famous Wolf Creek Ski Resort is just down the road. This resort has the most snow in Colorado and is perfect for early and late season skiing! With fine dining options, plenty of trails, and on-site ski lessons it will be perfect for the whole family. In the warmer months, enjoy miles of hiking or fish across the street around the San Juan River. With plenty of on-site and nearby fun, Luxury Log Mountain Home is the perfect Colorado retreat!
Private Residence with 3 levels
6 bedrooms, 4 baths, 4500 square feet, 419 square meters
Queen, Queen, Queen, Bunk, Bunk, and Queen + Twin
14 guests maximum
The two bedrooms with bunks have a full on the bottom and a twin on top (downstairs has a trundle underneath)
Durango La Plata County Airport (DRO), Albuquerque International Airport (ABQ)
70 mins by car to DRO, 3.5 hours by car to ABQ
Incredible mountain, valley and forest views! Close to world class skiing at Wolf Creek (minimal crowding) Mountain hikes with incredible views, off-road trails for bikes, quads, and snowmobiles.
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- Snow Skiing
- Wolf Creek Ski Resort - Enjoy downhill slopes and a mix of terrain, dining, ski school, and more at this highly rated resort!
- Rocky Mountain Balloon Adventures - Take off early morning for optimal mountain views and enjoy the many incredible photo opportunities in the sky.
- Wilderness Journeys Pagosa - Enjoy a plethora of tours like historic train tours, Native American site tours, Scenic history/wildlife tours, Rafting, Fishing and more.
- Fred Harman Art Museum - Visit this stunning museum, offering up gorgeous works from one of the best artists of the American West.
- Fourmile Falls Trail - Take a quick hike or make a day of spending time among the falls, trees, and mountains.
Places of Interest
- Elwood Pass - Best viewed by Jeep, enjoy the sights of water, forest, and mountains.
- Treasure Falls - Located in the San Juan Mountains, the falls are named to reflect the old west and are picturesque set among the San Juan National Forest.
- Continental Divide Trail - Enjoy the stunning scenery of the eastern and western divide.
- Chimney Rock National Monument (35 min by car) - An archaeological site located at the southern edge of the San Juan Mountains that will take you back in time.
We encountered over 30” of snow while we were here and it made the skiing at Wolf Creek phenomenal. The owner was quick to respond to any questions to make our trip enjoyable.. The short drive to Pagosa Springs allowed quick field trips to town to enjoy dining and microbreweries with the whole family. The view from the hot tub off the back porch was absolutely breathtaking. We saw wild turkeys scooting through the snow. The theater located downstairs was an absolute joy and we were able to have a movie night with popcorn each night. The game room upstairs allowed for priceless competition amongst the family members that created memories to last a lifetime. Hope to be able to visit again!”
We enjoyed our stay. Especially enjoyed the game room and the many rooms located throughout the house. Highly recomended ”