Ojai Ranch Retreat
Ojai Ranch Retreat
Set on 3 acres of thriving citrus and avocado orchards, with sweeping views of the valley and rolling hills, Ojai Ranch Retreat welcomes you to the heart of the Ojai Valley. This wonderful ranch home offers peaceful surroundings and plenty of room for a couple’s retreat or small family. Minutes from downtown Ojai, national parks, wineries, and gourmet dining, everyone is sure to love the convenience of the home to the surrounding attractions, while also finding time and space to relax.
The interior is filled with fun colors and a creative way to use the original designs and architecture. With plenty of seating areas, everyone will be able to relax together or find some quiet time alone. Enjoy the main seating area by the fireplace with couches and excellent views of the backyard through the sliding glass doors, or the study seating area surrounded by bookshelves and windows.
The cooks in the group will be able to cook up a meal for everyone in the kitchen with double oven and stainless steel appliances. Enjoy around the tables in the living room, or take everything outside on a nice day to eat at the picnic table among the fruit trees and singing birds.
There are three bedrooms, one with a king and two guest bedrooms, each with a queen and twin bed, organic bedding, and towels. Everything is cleaned with chemical free cleaners, so even the most sensitive allergies won’t be bothered allowing an excellent night’s sleep. For more relaxation, there is a queen sleeper sofa, or you can enjoy the hammocks among the lush trees, or relaxing on the patio furniture on the porch.
Play a friendly game of ping pong or tennis right outside by day, enjoy stargazing on clear nights. Downtown Ojai offers several art galleries, restaurants, and boutique shops. For the outdoor enthusiasts, enjoy ample hiking and wildlife in the area. Los Angeles is down the road, and makes for the perfect day trip. After a day of exploring, sightseeing, and more Ojai Ranch Retreat is the perfect place to come home and relax among an authentic California setting.
Single Family Home with 1 level
3 bedrooms, 2 baths, 2800 square feet
Queen + Twin, Queen + Twin, and King
5 guests maximum
Santa Barbara Municipal Airport (SBA)
1 hour by car.
Citrus and avocado trees, Ojai Valley, and mountain views!
Activities of Interest
- Downtown Ojai - Enjoy the many art galleries, boutique shops,restaurants, and tasting rooms at this fun and unique downtown center.
- The Ojai Vineyard Tasting Room - Take a tour and tasting of local wine at this unique and homey winery. Enjoy on-site dining and entertainment.
- Ojai Valley Museum - Tour this incredible gallery boasting town history and local art set in an old church.
- Los Padres National Forest - Enjoy this amazing and protected land on the waterfront, through flowery fields, and long hiking trails.
Places of Interest
- Taft Ojai Gardens - For a relaxing stroll, walk among these diverse and lush gardens and enjoy amazing scenery.
- Ojai Meadows Preserve - Explore this expansive meadow and wetlands area with a hiking trail, plant nursery & spring wildflowers.
- Azu Restaurant & Ojai Valley Brewery - Dishes and beer made from fresh, local ingredients.
- Los Angeles - Just over 80 miles, visit the City of Angels and enjoy a fun-filled day
Wonderful stay all around (and Covid friendly)
We (a family of 4 with a 3 and 5-year old) loved our time here (late June 2020). The setting couldn't have been better with 3-acres, amidst fruit tress, in a low-density part of a low-density town in a low-density county. Our kids loved picking Oranges, Pixies, Lemons and Grapefruit and making juices and eating fresh fruit while we were there. The view from the front porch is magical...we enjoyed our evenings from that vantage point while eating most of our meals al fresco. The kids played tennis and basketball (although the court isn't in shape for serious tennis players it was great for the kids), teatherball, cornhole, and ping pong. We also really enjoyed dips in the jacuzzi. It's not far from a great kid-friendly waterfall hike, lake Casitas (which rents boats), or Ventura's beaches...which all made for great day trips. Caitlin was super helpful and accommodating with local tips and was really on top of communicating to help get a few things fixed while we were there. ”
- 40"+ TV
- Air Conditioning
- Hot Tub
- Multiple TVs
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet