A brand new modern house by Þingvallavatn, offering mesmerizing views of the lake and complete serenity. The house is equipped with all the modern amenities required on a comfortable group trip while experiencing Iceland's unique nature up-close. Lynghóll comes with fishing rights (May through August) so feel free to try your luck catching trout while you enjoy the scenery. The house is only 30-45 minutes from Reykjavík, Hveragerði and Selfoss, with endless possibilities for exciting day trips.
Escape from your calls, emails, meetings. Forget your entire schedule when staying at this beautiful country house. But no worries, the internet is available.
When approaching the property you will already be able to feel and see the mesmerizing surroundings. The horizon is dominated by the Icelandic tundra, it is one of a kind landscape.
The house itself sits alone on a plane where your nearest neighbors are mountains and the lake. Comprising of 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, Lynghóll can accommodate up to 6 adults and 4 children.
The three grown-ups bedrooms are fitted with queen size beds and linens that make the perfect environment to make leaving the bed in the morning a really demanding task. The little ones won't be left behind, as their bunk beds in the kid's bedroom are just as comfy and accommodate up to 4 kids.
The open plan kitchen is fitted with glossy modern white bespoke furniture, induction cooker and all you possibly need be the entertainer fo the night. A central island divides the double aspect room that is shared with the dining area, where a solid wood dining table overlooks the outside views through the seeling-high doors that open up to the external area where you will find one of the best features of this home.
Out there a hot tub is waiting. Warm-up, relax and admire the spectacle stared by the sun and the mountains. Idyllic views, worthy a master pice.
Lynghóll is the perfect combination of modernity, comfort and nature and you allow you to leave the best of Iceland.
THIRDHOME has partnered with VIATOR, one of the largest online destination tours and activities provider, featuring thousands of tours and activities to choose from within a global platform of exciting offerings. VIATOR is perfect for “Do It Yourself” planners to consider when seeking to book a sightseeing day tour, city spree, regional day trips, including local city happenings.
Click the link below to view VIATOR tours and activities:
Single Family Home with 1 level
4 bedrooms, 2 baths, 1485 square feet, 138 square meters
Queen, Queen, Queen, and Other
6 guests maximum
Reykjavik Airport (KEF)
46 min by car
Expansive and private views across lake Thingvallavatn and the surrounding area.
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon - Day trip to still blue waters, replete of icebergs and seals, during winter.
- Game of Thrones' Filming Locations Tour - GOT fan? Get to know where the action took place, the White Walkers have been there.
- Minibus Day Tour - Golden Circle xperience all the best that Iceland has to offer. Everything between the mountains and the ocean: glacial rivers, beautiful landscapes, waterfalls, geothermal areas, and wild Icelandic scenery.
- Golden Circle Waterfalls and Volcano Lake Crater - Take this 6 hours tour to sceneries that look like magic.
Places of Interest
- Whales of Iceland Exhibition - A total of 23 life-size models of whales inspiring visitors to understand the magnificence of this incredible animals.
- Blue Lagoon - Milky blue shade geothermal water, world famous for its skin benefits.
- Perlan - A futuristic revolving glass dome, displaying the history of the country that has its roots in ice and fire.