Situated in the stunning Icelandic countryside is Kjarnholt. Kjarnholt is just 1.5 hours away from the bustling city of Reykjavik offering an escape from the hustle and bustle of city life.
At 3250 sq ft in size, Kjarnholt boasts a total of 10 bedrooms across 3 floors. Stunning views across the surrounding landscape. The bedrooms have also been elegantly decorated creating perfect places to rest after a long day of exploring Iceland.
The property is stylishly decorated and offers ample space for you and your guests to enjoy a wonderful stay. It also features ample natural light thanks to the plentiful windows dotted around the property.
Kjarnholt can sleep up to 20 comfortably in 10 bedrooms with 2 twin beds in each room which can be left as is or pushed together to make king-sized beds.
The views from Kjarnholt are truly amazing! You can see the world-famous hot spring Geysir and every 5-10 minutes you can see it erupt! You can also see nearby mountains, glaciers, geysers and the Tungufljot River a truly breathtaking surrounding to take in.
Experience and witness the natural beauty that Iceland has to offer while staying at Kjarnholt.
THIRDHOME has partnered with VIATOR, one of the largest online destination tours and activities provider, featuring thousands of tours and activities to choose from within a global platform of exciting offerings. VIATOR is perfect for “Do It Yourself” planners to consider when seeking to book a sightseeing day tour, city spree, regional day trips, including local city happenings.
Single Family Home with 3 levels
10 bedrooms, 6 baths, 3250 square feet
2x Twin, 2x Twin, 2x Twin, 2x Twin, 2x Twin, 2x Twin, 2x Twin, 2x Twin, 2x Twin, and 2x Twin
20 guests maximum
Keflavik International Airport (KEF)
2 hour drive by car
Nearby mountains, glaciers, geysers and the winding Tungufljot River. You can literally see the world-famous hot spring Geysir erupt in a distance every 5-10minutes out the kitchen window.
Activities of Interest
- Mountaineers of Iceland - Ride a snowmobile, take a tour an ice tunnel, and so much more with this adventure company!
- Safari Quads - Explore the unique landscape of Iceland by ATV.
- Lagafellslaug - This entertaining water park offers a massive pool, hot tub, sauna, and even a gym.
- National Museum of Iceland - Get yourself up to speed on Iceland's incomparable history.
- Blue Lagoon - Book your ticket to this famous geothermal spa in advance!
Places of Interest
- The Great Geysir (16 min drive) - This spouting hot spring is claimed to be the biggest one in the world.
- Langjökull glacier (1 hour drive) - This will be a unique encounter with Europe's second largest glacier.
- Gullfoss waterfall (20 min drive) - Visit the iconic waterfall offering a spectacular view of the forces and beauty of untouched nature.
- Reykjavik (1.5 hour drive) - Visit Iceland's capital, the world’s most northerly capital with a big soul, filled with culture and history.
- Harpa (1.5 hour drive) - This dazzling concert hall hosts the Icelandic Symphony Orchestra and the Icelandic Opera.
- 40"+ TV
- Chef's Kitchen
- Espresso Machine
- Hot Tub
- Outdoor Grill
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet
- iPod Dock Stereo