Amsterdam Safari Houseboat
Amsterdam Safari Houseboat
Amsterdam is famous for its canals, so experience a special and authentic Amsterdam experience!
Situated on the Entrepotdok Canal, from the sundeck aboard the boat you have access to spectacular views of the old warehouses on the Entrepotdok (for which Amsterdam is famous) on one side, and boats passing on the other.
The houseboat dates back over 100 years and was primarily used as a sailing boat. In the 1950s the boat was transformed into a charming houseboat with many of the features still apparent today, giving you an enchanting feel of life on the water back in the day.
The living area of the houseboat is bright and spacious and is well equipped with all modern facilities. The living area has also been elegantly decorated creating a beautiful space to relax and enjoy the houseboat. Panoramic windows allow ample natural light to stream through the boat as well as offering beautiful views just above water level. There is a very comfortable sofa bed which enables sleeping room for two extra guests, a big dining table and a charming open kitchen.
The bedroom is cosy and has a queen-size bed as well as four authentic portholes.
The bathroom has a washbasin and a bathtub with shower attachment plus a washer and dryer.
The position of the boat ensures that you will be able to enjoy both sunny breakfasts on the deck in the early morning, and spectacular sunsets in the evening.
The location of the houseboat is amazing! Located in the old centre of Amsterdam, in an oasis of tranquillity. Just by the city zoo, you can see an array of animals from the comfort of the boat! The boat is also just around the corner from all the best sights that Amsterdam has to offer.
THIRDHOME has partnered with VIATOR, one of the largest online destination tours and activities provider, featuring thousands of tours and activities to choose from within a global platform of exciting offerings. VIATOR is perfect for “Do It Yourself” planners to consider when seeking to book a sightseeing day tour, city spree, regional day trips, including local city happenings.
Single Family Home with 1 level
1 bedroom, 1 bath, 807 square feet, 75 square meters
4 guests maximum
Amsterdam Airport Schiphol (AMS)
20 minutes by car
Old warehouses on the Entrepotdok and ARTIS Zoo
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- Amsterdam Dungeon - If you like history and a scare then this attraction is a must, learn about the perilous old days of the Netherlands.
- Xtra Cold Icebar - Visit one of the coolest places (kept at -10 degrees celsius) in Amsterdam, a bar completely made of ice!
- Guided bike tours - Explore Amsterdam like a local on a guided 3 hour bike tour which will take you around the famous sights of Amsterdam as well as give you a background to the history of this great city.
- Glowi Golf - Great fun for all of the family in this futuristic glow in the dark mini-golf course.
Places of Interest
- Anne Frank House (15 mins by car) - Visit the world renowned museum which houses the secret annex where Anne Frank and her family hid during WWII, truly experience and visualize where they had to hide for almost 2 years.
- Vondelpark (15 mins by car) - Take a long stroll with your loved ones in the largest and most famous park in Amsterdam!
- Van Gogh Museum (18 mins by car) - Step into the world of Van Gogh, taking in the world's largest collection of his masterpieces.
- Rijksmuseum (15 mins by car) - If art is a major interest of yours, then you must visit the largest art museum in the Netherlands with a collection of over 8,000 pieces spanning all the back to the 15th century.
- Dam Square (8 mins by car) - Visit the vibrant central square of Amsterdam filled with entertainment, shops and even historical sights such as the history Royal Palace.
- ARTIS Zoo (5 min walk) - Stroll among the shady trees, admire the diversity of plants and animals, travel to the stars, enjoy our heritage. Visit ARTIS Amsterdam Royal Zoo and experience nature right in the city centre.