Oak Ridge Retreat
South Lake Tahoe, California
Discover the extraordinary breathtaking beauty of Lake Tahoe and its equally stunning freshwater lake, along with its majestic mountains and powdery High Sierra ski runs! Explore the southwest shore, with its pretty beaches and ski resorts along with the serene Emerald Bay State Park, where one can hike the famous Rubicon Trail, marvel at its Eagle Falls, and go scuba diving to see historic underwater sites. Escape to the slopes that are just 6 miles away to the trailheads and ski lifts of Heavenly Mountain.
Tucked away in a charming mountain-lake neighborhood is the lovely 2550-sq ft Oak Ridge Retreat, offering guests beautiful interior living spaces high ceilings, wooden flooring and dramatic large pictures windows infusing natural light throughout the home. With extraordinary luxury amenities that include a unique custom-built hot sauna, a hot tub, a jukebox, an amazing game room with pool table, arcade, 80" HDTV, collection of board games, ping pong and foosball tables, entertainment when its blistering cold outdoors is not an issue! When weather permits, enjoy a full-size professional bocce ball court outside that sits upon its divine grass lawn. The common area offers a spacious living room furnished with a plush sectional couch, a large flat-screen TV and a stone fireplace to cozy up to on chilly nights. Tune things up a notch with the fun jukebox should you wish to step into your dancing shoes! Flow into the fully-equipped kitchen with its generous counter space and play chef whenever you like. Guests can enjoy entertaining or breakfast and quick bites at the built-in kitchen island bar with stool seating. The formal dining area provides seating for up to eight people for meal times.
Within its domain, find five wonderful bedrooms that make it hard to choose which you might wish to slumber in. Two bedrooms are located upstairs - a Master Bedroom with California King bed including a sofa-futon sleeper, a spa-tub private bathroom with dual sinks, and a sitting area with a TV. In addition, there is a Guest Bedroom with a Queen bed and TV (this bedroom would share the bathroom with the Master Bedroom). The remaining bedrooms are downstairs, which offer a third Guest Bedroom with California King bed and one Twin Bed, along with a TV; while the fourth bedroom has a Queen bed plus a two Bunk Beds. These bedrooms share a bathroom with a shower/tub combination and dual sinks.
Step outside to enjoy the clear fresh mountain air, and enjoy cocktails and alfresco dining on the backyard deck picnic table and fire up some steaks, hamburgers or hotdogs with the gas grill. Below the deck is the fenced-in spacious back yard for children to play games ranging from horseshoes to bocce ball. Relax in the hammock between the trees and read a good book or take a nap. Next to the backyard deck, step into the warmth of the private hot tub and sauna to rejuvenate and unwind. With its ample outdoor seating areas, families and friends can easily gather or be separated to enjoy quality time as they wish, whether mingling or desiring privacy.
Guests have access to a 2-car garage and large driveway for parking - which provides enough room for up to four vehicles. No street parking is allowed.
Single Family Home with 2 levels
5 bedrooms, 2 baths, 2550 square feet, 237 square meters
King, King, Queen, Queen + Twin, and Other
12 guests maximum
Reno–Tahoe International Airport (RNO)
1 hour and 10 minutes by car
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- Snow Skiing
- Tahoe Fly Fishing Outfitters - Visit one of the best fly fishing schools in the area, perfect for beginners and experts alike!
- Tahoe Paradise Golf Course - This course features a remarkable layout that will golfers of all abilities a challenge.
- Lake Tahoe Boat Rides - Head out on the water with a sailing charter to take in the beauty of Lake Tahoe.
- Tahoe Treetop Adventure Parks - Have hours of unforgettable fun for adults and kids, with a ton of treetop courses allowing you to fly high above Tahoe!
- Shirley Canyon Trail - Hike along the Shirley Creek, past waterfalls and wildflowers to the gorgeous Shirley Lake!
Places of Interest
- Heavenly Ski Resort & Gondola - This wildly popular resort is truly heavenly, offering more than 4,800 acres just for skiing!
- Keys Beach - This lovely beach is perfect for swimming and a slew of other water sports.
- Emerald Bay State Park - A must-see for anyone visiting Tahoe, this inlet along the southwest shore is known for its colorful granite cliffs and stunning panoramas.
- Cold Water Brewery and Grill - Enjoy California brews in a contemporary space, with great food and a wonderful ambiance.
- Jimmy's - This cozy eatery serves up delicious Mediterranean cuisine.
- 40"+ TV
- Chef's Kitchen
- Covered Parking
- High Speed Internet
- Hot Tub
- Multiple TVs
- Outdoor Grill
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet