Captiva Hide-A-Way on the Bay
Escape to a charming old-world-magical-feel hidden gem of Florida, where one has access to two renowned "Top Best" beach-town islands - Captiva and Sanibel. Often referred to as the "Shell Islands" because the ocean waves deposit over 250 kinds of shells upon its sandy shores, one can lose themselves entirely while collecting a few. Whether you are seeking a romantic getaway or a family bonding vacation, this natural paradise will win your heart over! Wander its 15 miles of unspoiled beaches, explore its 25 miles of bike paths, tackle big-game fishing, venture out on nature tours, and enjoy fantastic golf and tennis. Captiva and Sanibel Islands offer quaint streets dotted with unique shops and wonderful restaurants, perfect for days when you're not enjoying the captivating water oasis of these barrier islands.
Dwell within a lovely 1000-sq ft condominum-hideaway, that offers an intimate setting near Captiva Village with views of the water. Offering only eight unique units in this well-maintained and managed property, guests can enjoy the wooden dock that overlooks Pine Island Sound, along with the community pool offering amazing views. Recently renovated, the interior offers a spacious living room with comfortable seating allowing guests to enjoy watching TV, or reading and relaxing within the natural light that flows in from the floor-to-ceiling sliding glass doors that lead out onto the large balcony-patio. Dine al fresco out on the table or enjoy morning cups of coffee and evening cocktails with the ocean breezes. The sun and moon rise over the lanai causing breathtaking vistas of the bay. The open design allows one to walk over to the fully-equipped kitchen, sit at the granite-top island-bar and stools for quick bites or dine at the small round kitchen table. Slumber in the two bedrooms with private baths, one with a King Bed and the other with two Twin Beds, that sleeps up to four people. Guests have direct access down to the pool just a few steps away, and for a different island pace consider a short walk of about 500-yds to the beautiful nearby beach. The ocean waters are rich in marine wildlife like manatees and sea otters that come to play in the safe haven provided by the inlet.
Lull the days away in this unique living experience offered in Captiva Village that promises a peaceful beach escape!
Condo with 1 level
2 bedrooms, 2 baths, 1000 square feet, 93 square meters
King and 2x Twin
4 guests maximum
Southwest Florida International Airport (RSW)
45 minutes by car
Views of Pine Island Sound, and dramatic sunrises and moonrises
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Those wishing to bring a boat need to pay a $150 boat docking fee.
Activities of Interest
- Tarpon Bay Explorers. Within the Darling refuge, this outfitter rents canoes and kayaks for easy, self-guided paddles in Tarpon Bay, a perfect place for young paddlers. Guided kayak trips too!
- Mad Hatter Restaurant. Vacationers flock to what is widely regarded as nearby Sanibel's best locavore gourmet restaurant.
- Beached Whale. With a cool roof deck and better fish tacos, this is another great spot for music and munching on Fort Myers Beach.
- Go on a guided water tour of outer islands by nearby marina tour company.
- Shopping! Captiva Island and the surrounding area offer dozens upon dozens of delightfully unique shopping stores and galleries.
- Watch breathtaking sunrises and moonrises from the lanai
Places of Interest
- Boating or fishing with direct access to your boat at our dock.
- Long walks and shelling along Captiva's famous shelling beaches
- JN 'Ding' Darling National Wildlife Refuge. A 6300-acre refuge is home to an abundance of seabirds and wildlife, including alligators, night herons, red-shouldered hawks, spotted sandpipers, roseate spoonbills, pelicans and anhinga.
- Bowman's Beach is far and away the most popular beach; extremely long, with an enormous parking lot, sparkling sand and facilities and a playground.
- McCarthy's Marina. This is where Captiva Cruises departs from. It offers everything from dolphin and sunset cruises (from $25) to various island excursions, such as Cayo Costa ($35), Cabbage Key ($40) and Boca Grande ($50) on Gasparilla Island.