Turin Castle (R)
Turin Castle is a stunning 17th Century property that sits in twenty acres of sweeping lawns with majestic views of the rolling Scottish countryside, between Aberdeen and Edinburgh. As well as the glorious surroundings, this exclusive castle has everything you need to experience the very best of Scottish country living.
Built in 1659 and relocated stone-by-stone from the loch in 1907, Turin Castle has all you ever wish for to make your stay special. The ten beautifully appointed suites have views of the gardens and beyond to the Angus Glens. Each with their own private bathroom, every room has been designed to provide a unique and luxurious experience for every guest.
Among the large range of public rooms this Scottish castle provides, the Music Room is home to the largest chandelier in the castle and a baby grand piano – the favourite place for the perfect Afternoon Tea and quiet moments. Many Scottish traditions and culture are waiting to be discovered in the books of the magnificent library as well as all around the property, starting by the cozy welcoming tartan lounge with fires and its tartan hues. And when it is time for a drink, the elegant Ogilvy Bar will be an exquisite place to taste a cocktail, unless you prefer to indulge in your favourite tipple or find yourself enchanted by a new one in the exceptional underground whisky and wine cellars.
Completing the historical property, the helipad will give you the opportunity to enjoy the amazing Scottish countryside from the air, welcome by the iconic stone circle, which is the perfect place for sundowners, a malt under the stars or a musical performance. It’s been the stage for Grammy winners, fireworks displays and many happy ever afters.
With a wealth of activities available for guests staying at Turin Castle, you will be delighted to enjoy the myriad of activities to do, from relaxing walks in rolling gardens for your exclusive use, an on-site six hole mini golf course, pétanque, croquet and table tennis - to a host of country pursuits and outdoor activities nearby, including walking, mountain-biking, hunting, stalking and fishing.
Only a 40-minute drive away from the castle, you will be awed by the history and the beauty of the monuments of Dundee, the UNESCO City of design. Set on the edge of the river Tay, the V&A Dundee was designed by the Japanese architect Kengo Kuma and presents the brilliance of Scottish creativity and the best of design from around the world. After visiting the McManus Art Gallery and Museum that offers a fascinating insight into the city as it has been at the heart of art and culture in the city since the end of the 19th century, immerse yourself in the maritime heritage of Dundee and experience one of the most heroic voyages of exploration in the Antarctic on the RRS Discovery.
The golf lovers will not miss to cross the Tay Rail bridge and explore the south of the bay to reach St Andrews, that welcomes the Old Course, which is renowned throughout the world as the ‘Home of Golf’. Carnoustie is only 20 minutes away too.
Among the architectural and historical elements the town offers, the castle, the historic university, the medieval streets and the gorgeous traditional buildings are masterpieces that will inspire your wonder.
To make your stay a memorable and unique experience, let your every need be catered for with the exclusive butler service available on request. Also, concierge services are provided by the owner herself!
Enjoy the hospitality and get a taste of traditional and cultural Scotland during your stay at Turin Castle!
Private Residence with 2 levels
10 bedrooms, 10 baths, 871200 square feet, 80938 square meters
King, King, King, King, King, King, King, King, King, and 2x Twin
20 guests maximum
Aberdeen International Airport
Aberdeen airport - 45 minutes driving / Edinburgh airport is 1 hour 20 minutes away driving
Majestic views of the rolling Scottish countryside
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
Full butler service on request.
The Reserve tier within THIRDHOME is a collection of qualified higher-end homes. The required key values to book these homes and exchange fees are higher than other homes in the Club.
Activities of Interest
- RRS Discovery, the ship that carried Captain Scott on his first expedition across the Antarctic
- HMS Unicorn, one of the world's most remarkable historic ships and the last wooden warship left in Scotland
- Boat trip to the Isle of May, which runs from May through to September.
- Lunan Bay (25 mins away) is probably the finest beach in Angus - a magnificent sweep of sand, with a cave and arch at its northern end, and even a ruined castle.
- St Cyrus Beach, part of the St Cyrus National Nature Reserve is just 25 minutes away too. This 3-mile stretch of sand is stunning at all times of the year
Places of Interest
- Dundee, UNESCO City of Design and Scotland's sunniest city!
- V&A Dundee, first design museum in Scotland and the first Victoria and Albert museum outside London.
- The McManus Art Gallery & Museum, with a collection of fine and decorative art as well as a natural history collection.
- St Andrews, medieval city and Scotland's world-famous 'Home of Golf' as well as Scotland's first university
- Fishing village of Anstruther, a beautifully preserved old fishing port lined with charming houses.
- Aberdeen, the 'Granite City' port city and Scotland's third most populous city
- 25 minutes away is Glamis Castle - a living, breathing monument to Scottish heritage, hospitality and enjoyment for all.
- Be one of the first to taste and tour Arbikie, the world's first Rye Whiskey made in Scotland.
- The Glencadam Distillery is just 5 miles away and open for tours.
- Nadar, 7 miles away, is home to the world's first climate positive gin. The Gin Bothy and Ogilvy Vodka are not far away and will do tastings at Turin too.