The European Chalet in Vail
Enjoy one of the best alpine slopes in Colorado, in the friendly Vail Ski Resort that was created for skiing, snowboarding and snowmobiling.
Located between Vail Village and Lionshead across from The Four Seasons, the European Chalet is the perfect place for every season for families and lovers of the outdoors, for a winter sport vacation or a summertime getaway for golfing, hiking and cultural festivals.
Welcome to the European Chalet, an extraordinary property of 5118 square feet (475m2) with a spacious layout and contemporary furniture located on the bank's of Gore Creek.
Guests will be enchanted by the great design of the property, which is distributed over 3 floors and benefits from European oak wood flooring and large windows that provide all rooms with plenty of natural light and brightness. A completely fully-equipped kitchen with a counter opens to the main dining room table that sits 14 guests and the large living room, where guests will warm up reading a book in front of the fireplace or just looking at the inspiring views of the surrounding mountains.
Outside the European Chalet, there are heated patios with a private hot tub, where guests can relax with beautiful views of Gore Creek after an invigorating day on the slopes.
Featuring 7 en-suite bedrooms and 7.5 bathrooms, the European Chalet can sleep 16 guests very comfortably. In addition to the three spacious King Master bedrooms that feature a large steam shower with benches on the Main and Upper levels, guests will also find on the Upper level a King Guest room, a bedroom with 2 full beds, and a 2 full beds room.
The Lower level is where guests will find a bedroom that boasts a full bed and a twin bed, as well as another bedroom that features 3 bunk beds with standard size twin mattresses sleeping 6 guests.
Situated in the heart of the Rocky Mountains and a short walk from your European Chalet, Vail is a village is known for its amazing mountain scenery, epic outdoor activities, and endless culinary adventures. During winter, guests will enjoy skiing and snowboarding on the rocky mountains, the best terrain and snowfall for every level of skier and rider. Under abundant blue skies, keep the adrenaline going and explore the seven legendary Back Bowls that offer outstanding views and skiing.
During the rest of the year, Vail is a perfect outdoor getaway with river rafting, zip lining, spelunking, mountain biking, and hiking. Just 30 minutes from the European Chalet, the majestic Colorado Rocky Mountains provide a spectacular setting for the 18-hole Eagle Ranch Golf Course, which also boasts other fantastic amenities such as an outdoor pool, ice rink, recreation trails and fitness center.
Private Residence with 2 levels
7 bedrooms, 7 baths, 5118 square feet, 476 square meters
King, King, King, Bunk, 2x Full, 2x Full, and Full + Twin
16 guests maximum
Eagle County Regional Airport / Denver International Airport
Eagle County Regional Airport (40 minutes driving) / Denver International Airport (2.5 hours driving)
The mountain and Vail Village
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
The Reserve tier within THIRDHOME is a collection of qualified higher-end homes. The required key values to book these homes and exchange fees are higher than other homes in the Club.
Activities of Interest
- Snow Skiing
- Vail is perhaps best known for its winter sports and world class snow. Consistently rated one of the top 5 ski resorts in North America, Vail offers a vast array of winter activities for everyone, the skier and non-skier.
- Vail Mountain boasts 5,000+ acres including 7 legendary back bowls with some of the best skiable terrain in North America and is a just a short walk from the Austria Haus.
- Epic Discovery on Vail Mountain, the ultimate playground at 10,000 feet offers summer fun for all ages with ropes courses, zip lines, alpine coaster, disc golf, mountain biking, hiking and more.
Places of Interest
- Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater, a spectacular outdoor venue with breathtaking views of the Rocky Mountains hosts a variety of entertainment and renowned festivals during the summer.
- Pedestrian friendly Vail Village offers a wide variety of shopping. You will love the views as you shop and dine with the spectacular Gore Range as the backdrop.
- The whole family will enjoy exploring natural history exhibits and taking a free snowshoe or hiking tour at the Discovery Center.
- Explore Betty Ford Alpine Gardens. In the shadow of the Gore Range, enjoy the vast variety of perennial beds, rock gardens and waterfalls showcasing an astonishing array of the world’s most unique and beautiful high elevation plants.