Villa dos Sonhos
Varandas do Lago, Portugal
Villa Dos Sonhos is set in the development of Varandas do Lago, in the heart of the Ria Formosa Nature Reserve, neighbouring the beaches of Club do Ancão and Vale do Garrão. Surrounded by beautiful pine forests, the development is within easy reach of the famous golf courses of Quinta do Lago and Vale do Lobo, and close to miles and miles of golden beaches.
Villa Dos Sonhos is a very spacious 4 bedroom and 4 bathroom villa suitable for up to 8 adults, built over three levels and fully fenced. The property boasts a fabulous indoor/outdoor living space perfect for families sharing or several friends enjoying a sunny holiday together. In the garden, poolside guests will enjoy outdoor sofa’s, sun loungers, dining tables and chairs to totally forget about the real world. Here is the perfect place to relax and soak up the Algarvian sunshine.
Villa Dos Sonhos has a spacious living room with terrace doors leading onto the outdoor area – there is a wonderful feeling of space and light, there is plenty of room for everyone to relax and chill out while on holiday. The air-conditioned living area also has a plasma TV that offers a range of international channels. To keep the kids amused there is a games room in the basement with table tennis, foosball and pool, as well as an adjacent TV room with Sonos surround sound, with bar and Wi-Fi throughout the villa.
All four spacious bedrooms have their own ensuite bathrooms and the Master bedroom together with the double bed room access to the 1st floor terrace to enjoy watching the sun dip away on the horizon. The third bedroom, which boasts twin beds, opens to the ground floor sun terrace, while the forth bedroom, also featuring twin beds, opens to the garden.
Especially designed by the world famous player Severiano Ballesteros, the Quinta do Vale Golf Course is the ideal place for golf in the sunshine and pleasant climate of the Algarve. Fully integrated into the surrounding natural landscape, the golf course takes full advantage of the undulating terrain, giving a unique character to each of the 18 holes.
Guests who wish to immerse themselves in Portugal’s natural beauty will be amazed to take part in a cycle tour through the Ria Formosa Nature Reserve, a designated Natural Park of over 65 square miles (170 km2) where to admire the beautiful natural landscape and a stunning array of birds as well as unique flora and fauna while visiting the salt flats and Ilha de Faro. When it is time for relaxing moments, guests will not miss to enjoy some time at one of the three sandbar islands close to the city of Faro.
A short 25 minute drive from Villa Dos Sonhos will take you to Faro, the historic and culturally rich Algarve's capital. Wander around the ‘Cidade Velha’ (Old Town) through the lovely cobblestone streets and pass under the spectacular Arco da Vila that is an amazing example of the Italian neoclassical style in the region. Your visit will lead you to Largo da Sé, a picturesque orange tree-lined square that is home to the 19th-century Town Hall, the 18th-century Bishop’s Palace, and the ancient cathedral. When you are in the Algarve, Portuguese food will be one of the many reasons that will make your stay memorable. Established in 1925, ’Restaurante 2 Irmãos’ (Two Brothers) is among the oldest restaurants in Portugal and is a place where you can taste the local cuisine focused on seafood dishes.
Single Family Home with 3 levels
4 bedrooms, 5 baths, 3875 square feet, 360 square meters
Queen, Queen, 2x Twin, and 2x Twin
8 guests maximum
25 minute drive
Enjoy the views of the Ria Formosa Natural Park from the top roof terrace, and the ones over the pool and the garden from the ground floor!
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- For guests that are interested in fishing, watersports or just take in a leisurely boat trip along the beautiful blue Algarve coast, there are plenty of options to choose from.
- Portugal won the Award for the Best Golf destination in 2014, and the the Algarve in particular offers some of the finest and world acclaimed golf courses in the world and Dunas Douradas is nestled amongst some of the best golf courses in the region.
- The Algarve Coastline is famous for its world class golf courses and beautiful sandy beaches. With a wealth of aquatic activities from sailing to snorkeling, for a visitor wanting to stay active whilst here, you will have no trouble keeping busy
- Vale do Lobo Royal Spa - Experience a world of absolute relaxation and comfort and offers a number of soothing treatments, designed to transport you to an entirely new level of tranquillity.
- Skydiving - Jump from a height of about 4000m and feel about 50 seconds free fall before the parachute cap opens. During the whole jump you are connected to a parachute instructor.
- Jeep Safari - Discover the Algarve countryside visiting unique beauty spots, villages and landscapes in 4 x 4 vehicles.
Places of Interest
- Dunas Douradas beach is within 5 minutes walking distance where you can either rent sun beds with umbrellas or bring your own. The beaches nearby all have the blue flag for best water quality.
- Being a protected area since 1987, the Ria Formosa Natural Park is truly a paradise on earth. With departures from Faro and from Tavira tours are organized everyday throughout the year with several daily departures.
- Cerro da Vila Roman Ruins (20 min drive) - Roman remains are found throughout the region, including this villa. You will also find a well-curated museum.
- Faro (30 min drive) - Visit the Algarve’s capital, It has an attractive marina, well-maintained parks and plazas, and a picturesque cidade velha (old town) ringed by medieval walls.
- Museu Maritimo Faro (30 min drive) - The maritime museum on Faro harbour evokes the country's sea-faring spirit with an exhibition of nautical artefacts and scale models of galleons, caravels and steamboats.
- Tavira (40 min drive) - Visit this quintessential Portuguese seaside town featuring stunning pantiles topped houses and lovely unspoiled beaches.
- Benagli Caves (50 min drive) - One of the Algarve's – and Portugal's – most emblematic sights, this huge natural seaside cave has a hole in its ceiling through which streaming sunlit illuminates the sandstone and beach below.