Villa Can Toni Mateu in Formentera
Cap de Barbaria, Spain
Welcome to the spectacular Villa Can Toni Mateu, a property situated on the small island of Formentera, Balearic Islands, a short boat crossing from her sister island, Ibiza. Benefiting from a mild climate throughout the year, the terrain and the wild landscape of the island make the property an ideal place for a getaway, and the guests will appreciate to relax on its fine beaches, to bath in the mud baths, to enjoy great walking and cycling trails, and to discover the secluded coves and traditional fishing villages.
Built in 1800, enlarged and renovated in recent years, converted into a house that preserves the roots and spirit of the island, Villa Can Toni Mateu makes guests feel the Balearic traditions that combine with modern amenities and luxury ambient.
All surrounded by Mediterranean vegetation, olive, almond, juniper and fig trees in the pool area, the 16,145 sq. yard (1,500m2) garden areas are divided into several volumes. Consisting of different porches, chill out terraces, solarium, the outdoor areas give guests the sensation the house was designed to be lived outside, as they enjoy the great views over the bay of La Mola peninsula.
Inside the disabled-friendly property, the open-floor plan allows natural light to brighten up the rooms and create a spacious environment. Housed in the older farmhouse part of the Villa, the living room boasts large comfy sofas, and a mezzanine chill-out area. Connected to the fully-equipped kitchen that features marble worktops and a small breakfast bar, the large table allows guests to fully relax and have exquisite meals. Guests will experience the Spanish ‘siesta’ lounging on the comfy cushions in the backyard, which leads to the rooftop terrace, where unique sunsets are all part of the daily routine.
Villa Can Toni Mateu comfortably sleeps up to 10 guests in a Master Suite, a Suite and other 2 bedrooms, that all boast their own bathrooms and have doors leading out to a private terrace with sun loungers and seating. While the Master Suite features a King size bed and a private lounge, the other Suite has two single beds and each of the last two bedrooms feature 3 single beds.
Close to the soft and quiet sands of the paradisiacal beaches of Playa Migjorn, sea lovers will enjoy many activities, from swimming in crystal-clear waters to specific activities including, boat hire, sailing, paddle, paragliding, and snorkeling. A short 20 minute drive from your Villa, Es Caló des Mort is one the the most famous spots for snorkelling in its small coves, and is also a picturesque and traditional fishing village. Es Caló Restaurant is also high recommended for guests looking for traditional food and fresh fish of the day among other dishes.
While the unique exceptional transparency of its turquoise waters made Formentera the ‘Pearl of the Mediterranean’, guests will also appreciate to walk the many trails within the Formentera Natural Park, declared a nature reserve for its high ecological, cultural and historical value.
After a 15 minute drive and a 35 minute boat crossing, guests will be captivated by the Old Town and Marina of Ibiza, which was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Admire the myriads of yachts moored in the marina and stroll through the Old Town, lose yourself in its narrow streets full of restaurants and shops that offer local produce.
As the sun sets over another perfect day, the Lighthouse of Cap de Barbaria, south of Formentera, surrounded by the dry beauty of its landscape is an ideal spot to contemplate the sunset over the enchanting islet of Es Vedrá.
Single Family Home with 1 level
4 bedrooms, 4 baths, 3670 square feet, 341 square meters
King, Other, Other, and Other
10 guests maximum
15 minute drive to Ibiza port, followed by a 35 minutes ferry boat crossing, and a 15 minute drive
Stunning views over Midjorn Beach and La Mola
Pets Welcome Upon Approval
View All Amenities
The following services can be arranged by the Host, allowing guests to add those all-important extras to your stay:
* Chef on site.
* Transfer to the port.
* Surcharge for cleaning
* Car or bike recommended.
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- Sailboat tour in Ibiza and Formentera - Sail with your friends or family on a day trip on a luxury catamaran enjoying the breeze of the sea and the sun!
- Jeep tour - get behind the wheel of a stylish Jeep Wrangler and see incredible beauty spots on Formentera!
- Enjoy sme watersports at one of the most beautiful destinations of the world: snorkeling, paddleboarding, and jet skiing are only a few of them!
- Swim with dolphins - meet the dolphin families of Ibiza and Formentera on a wonderful excursion!
- Night clubs in Ibiza - If you want to live the night of Ibiza, let's dance at one of the most famous and best clubs on the island of Ibiza!
Places of Interest
- Ses Illetes Beach (20 minute drive) - Declared one of the world's most beautiful beaches, Ses Illetes beach is probably the most representative feature of Formentera’s spectacular coastline.
- Migjorn Beach (15 minute drive) - a very quiet corner of wild beauty, this 3-miles (5-km) stretch of paradisiacal beaches is surrounded by dune systems that contrast with the green pines and vegetation.
- Barbaria Lighthouse (15 minute drive) - the rocky hill located to the south of the island is one of the most emblematic places of Formentera.
- Can Marroig (20 minute drive) - a picturesque island park featuring water sports, hiking trails, beaches & bluff views.
- Espalmador Island (20 minute drive) - Situated next to Illetes Beach, reach by boat the island that is well known for its mud baths, for its deserted white sand beaches and its crystal clear waters.