1650 Building in St. Germain, Paris
Set between the Seine River and the Luxembourg Gardens in the 6th arrondissement (district) in Paris, your apartment in St. Germain gives you the keys that open the doors to the City of Love. Considered as the epicenter of Parisian intellectual and cultural life, Saint-Germain-des-Prés is also the area where many luxurious boutiques flourish, and is one of the most historically rich areas of the city.
With its tasteful decoration and beautifully exposed beams that reveal a bit of historic Paris, the elegant and refined apartment is a wonderful blend of old and new works. Situated in one of the buildings that are the urbanistic signature of Paris, guests will be amazed by the spectacular views over the famous ‘toits de Paris’ (Roofs of Paris) from the large windows of the living room.
Inside the charming property, which incorporates all the necessary amenities with air conditioning and heater systems throughout the apartment, the open plan design is a journey through history thanks to its original exposed wooden beams and beautiful parquet floors.
1650 Building in St. Germain is distributed over 3 floors, and the social area is definitely located in the open plan living room, which has a laid back yet luxurious vibe. The fully equipped kitchen comes out from behind the scenes, joining the living room and the dining area to bring the living spaces together into a single area.
Ideal for couples or families with children, this pet-friendly property sleeps 4 guests, with a bedroom featuring a queen size bed, from where guests will enjoy the views over the silent courtyard, and a sofa in the living room that can be set up as a comfortable single bed for other 2 guests to sleep comfortably, with a baby crib in the closet for the youngest guests.
Once a favorite with famous artists and writers, the 6th arrondissement is home to the medieval maze of winding and stone-paved alleyways in the Latin Quarter and the exquisite Luxembourg Gardens, as well as chic shops, historic sights and famed cafés. The Café de Flore is one of the oldest coffeehouses of the city and is a perfect location and wonderful environment to enjoy a morning coffee with croissants along the beautiful Boulevard Saint-Germain.
A few minutes walk from your property, guests will make their way to the Notre-Dame Cathedral that majestically dominates the Seine River and the Île-de-la-Cité, a bucolic haven of peace with the flowers and birds markets (‘Marché aux fleurs et aux oiseaux’).
Spanning the Seine, the Pont des Arts has an international reputation as the ‘bridge of romance’, and will lead guests to the Louvre Museum. Under the pyramid, guests will discover the varied and rich collection that spans work from ancient civilizations to the 19th century, and will try to solve the mystery of Mona Lisa’s smile. A beautiful oasis in the heart of Paris, the Tuileries Gardens is the perfect place to relax between the Louvre Museum and the monumental Place de la Concorde, situated at the end of the Champs-Élysées.
When guests are looking for a peaceful way to end a perfect day in Paris, they will take a sit on one of the benches of the Nadar Square, at the foot of the Sacré-Coeur basilica, and when the suns sets over the magnificent Eiffel Tower, it is almost impossible to watch it and not dream.
Townhome with 3 levels
1 bedroom, 1 bath, 645 square feet, 60 square meters
4 guests maximum
Paris Charles de Gaulle
45 minute drive
The Boulevard Saint-Germain from the living area and the silent courtyard from the bedroom!
Pets Welcome Upon Approval
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- Seine River (10 minute walk) - Enjoy a romantic walk along the river or explore Paris with a festive dinner cruise aboard a Bateaux Mouches boat
- Luxembourg Garden (5 minute walk) - Facing the Luxembourg Palace (owned by the French Senate) is deals with the most centric, popular and beautiful park in Paris
- The Louvre Museum (10 minute walk) - The world’s most-visited art museum is home to a collection that spans work from ancient civilizations to the mid-19th century, like the famous Mona Lisa.
- Musée d'Orsay (20 minute walk) - Located on the banks of the Seine, the museum hosts the best collection of impressionist art in Paris under one roof.
- Centre Pompidou (25 minute walk) - Designed by Renzo Piano and Richard Rogers, the museum is the first collection of modern and contemporary art in Europe
- Designer boutiques for exceptional shopping
Places of Interest
- Boulevard Saint-Germain, a major street in Paris that starts right by the Concorde bridge and runs all the way through Latin quarter.
- Notre-Dame-de-Paris Cathedral (15 minute walk) - Located on the Île de la Cité, the medieval Catholic cathedral is perhaps France's most famous landmark:
- Hôtel des Invalides (30 minute walk) - The most ambitious project under Louis XIV, after Versailles, and was built to welcome retired soldiers and Napoleon’s final resting place
- Palais Garnier (35 minute walk) - World's largest theatre and opera house when it opened in 1875, the
- Eiffel Tower and Champ de Mars (45 minute walk) -
- Arc de Triomphe (an hour walk) - Visit the world-famous building at Place de l'Étoile and reach the top of the panoramic terrace to enjoy views over the whole Paris.
Charming and Cozy; Perfect Location
This was an anniversary trip for us after not having been in Paris for almost 10 years and we absolutely loved our trip for many reasons, not the least of which we had perfect weather and it wasn't very crowded yet post pandemic. This flat is super well situated in the heart of San Germaine with excellent access to the city train at Mabillon station, from where you can go literally anywhere else in the city that you like. Yet on foot, nearby, enjoy dozens of cafes, art galleries, restaurants, chocolate shops, macarons, museums, churches, gardens. It was easy to walk across the Seine to the Louvre, Notre Dame, L'Orangerie and Pompidau Centre, and we really loved the sunset walks along the Seine with music, food, and bars popping up all over. The host had excellent communications with us, was responsive when needed, and provided very nice amenities and comfortable accommodations. We got in great shape with the stairs several times each day and enjoyed the excited soccer crowd at the cafe below us during one of the championship weeks. We would definitely stay here again. ”