Halesworth, United Kingdom
Set in 14 acres (6Ha) of fields, orchards, meadows and woodlands, Babbelkous – or ‘The Chatterbox’ – is a stunning contemporary take on a traditional farmhouse, perfect for guests who want to explore attractions and places to visit, from the Suffolk countryside to the wide open beaches.
From the farm entrance, and on approach the house, it looks like two separate buildings: one made of brick, one made of wood, that hark back to the farming roots of the property. When entering the environmentally built house, two becomes one as it opens to reflect its modern styling with a truly unique layout of space, unifying an open plan design and views over the Suffolk country, with a cozy and inviting atmosphere.
A spacious entrance hall leads to the bright living room, perfectly suited to long summer days, when the floor to ceiling windows can be opened, or colder days when the two wood burners can be lit. Distributed over 2 floors, Babbelkous offers 5 bedrooms, of which three are on-suite and all with king size beds, a mezzanine for TV/Entertainment area to complete the modern entertaining space, and the heart of the house, a breathtaking kitchen.
The ground floor is at one constant, flat level – including two walk in showers and a Hammam steam room in the master bedroom – making the entire ground floor accessible to those who have special mobility needs.
Guests will be allowed to bring their pets to Babbelkous, when agreed in advance. The property is wonderful, and when stepping outside, guests will enjoy the outdoor amenities and entertainment areas. This family-friendly property has also a full sized Pétanque court, and right next to the house, a wood-fired Pizza oven large enough to satisfy for the most hungry of guests.
Environmental concerns have been to the fore in the design of the house; the heating and hot water is sourced from the ground, the emissions are minimised thanks to solar panels, and the "sunken garden" captures the rainwater from the house. Two unique stone mosaic carpets are laid on the red brick floor, making it a lovely place for morning yoga our stretching. South facing it captures the suns heat, so guests have wooden boards in sit and dangle their feet in the cooling water. And at night, why not light a fire in the fire bowl.
Should guests want to venture offsite, after a short 5 minute drive, they will appreciate to stroll around the streets of the charming market town of Halesworth, which is home to several medieval timber-framed buildings, on the edge of the Suffolk Heritage Coastline area. A 20 minute drive will lead guests to Southwold, a picturesque seaside town that features both beach huts and a pier, where you will find delicious food and excellent shopping.
With two malls, five department stores, all the High Street names and great independent shopping in The Lanes, Norwich is definitely the city where guests will enjoy shopping! Only city in a National Park, Norwich is a wonderful fusion of the modern and historic. Across the city and along the Wensum, guests will investigate the alleys and courtyards of UK’s best-preserved medieval city, and explore Europe's largest permanent outdoor market!
And for golfer lovers, the Clubhouse of Halesworth Golf course, which offers a championship 18 hole course, and a 9 hole academy course (of which both are kept in the highest order) is a good Par Five away!
Single Family Home with 2 levels
5 bedrooms, 5 baths, 3760 square feet, 350 square meters
King, King, King, King, and King
10 guests maximum
London Stansted Airport
About an hour and 40 minutes drive
Surrounding by farmland on all sides
No Pets Allowed
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- Valley farm vineyards (10 minutes drive) - set in an idyllic corner of Suffolk, take a tour and discover the mature vines that produce quality grapes!
- Camel Park Oasis (15 minute drive) - the only place in the UK where the whole family can see and touch camels and their animal relations close-up.
Places of Interest
- Southwold (20 minute drive) - Its eccentric pier, rows of colourful beach huts, striking lighthouse and traditional seaside architecture make Southwold a true picture postcard destination.
- Walberswick (15 minute drive) - This delightful coastal village is a popular holiday destination for those who wish to experience Walberswick's unspoilt dunes, its beach and its charm.
- Lowestoft (35 minute drive) - With a mix of sandy beaches, pleasant seaside walks and quality family attractions all set in a traditional seaside town, Lowestoft is an idyllic beach setting for a holiday getaway.
- Norwich (50 minute drive) - The most complete medieval city in the UK has a flourishing arts, music and cultural scene. With High Street shopping, lively restaurants, bars and nightlife and a heritage, the city is a delight to explore.