Whistler, co-host to the 2010 Olympics and the largest ski area in North America, is situated in the Coastal Mountains of beautiful British Columbia .
Idealy suited for a winter or summer holiday, Goldenwood sits on the 18th green of the Jack Nicklaus golf course with uninterupted views across the Fitzsimmons river down Green Lake to the magnificent Mount Currie. Catch the incredible alpenglow winter and summer which extends from Mount Currie over Armchair Glacier and Wedge mountain, all seen from your vaulted windows.
Situated in the prestigious subdivision of Nicklaus North, Goldenwood is a complex of 24 townhomes built around holes 16-18 of the golf course and only a few minutes drive from the skiing on Whistler and Blackcomb mountains. Arrive by car along the breathtaking Sea to Sky highway or float plane direct to Green Lake and walk to your home.
The cross country skiing is right outside your door, snowshoe through the forest to Lost Lake, skate on Alta or Green Lakes or take a sleigh ride to the lake shore.
After a day skiing the Whistler powder enjoy a hot tub with views of Whistler peak then snuggle up in front of a warming fire.
Whistler village, shops and it's 90 restaurants are only a few minutes drive away yet Goldenwood sits in quiet serenity on the Lake with wilderness beyond. Black bears frequent the golf course on summer days.
The house interior has been custom-designed as a traditional Whistler log home with vaulted ceilings, stone fireplace and antique oak floors. We have commisioned wonderful art works including a First Nation wall carving.
A gourmet kitchen to create that special meal for up to 10 guests around the dining table.
Two seating areas in the Great Room.
The master bedroom has a private deck with views down Green Lake, furnished for that special breakfast.
4 full bathrooms all with heated floors, master also has a second, separate shower.
Fourth bedroom/office situated on ground floor with own bathroom.
Patios with teak furniture for summer lounging and outside dining.
Tennis court adjacent to the house available to guests.
The Golf clubhouse is 2 minutes walk away where you can enjoy a casual supper in the sports bar, a fondue evening in winter in the restaurant or in summer dine on the magnificent patio or go to the village where we can reccommend many top class restaurants.
Please note that no pets are allowed in this property.
Townhome with 2 levels
4 bedrooms, 4 baths, 2500 square feet, 233 square meters
King, Queen, Twin, and Queen
6 guests maximum
2 hours by car, 35 mins by float plane
18th hole of Jack Nicklaus golf course overlooking Green Lake and Mount Currie with views of Whistler/Blackcomb
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- Snow Skiing
- 3 Golf courses - Jack Nicklaus, Chateau, Whistler
- Canoe the River of Golden Dreams
- Ski the wonderful Whistler and Blackcomb mountains
- Heliski in beautiful remote areas
- Snowmobile on Cougar Mountain
- Cross country ski trails round Lost Lake, Alta Lake and Green Lake
- Hike the valley trail, winter and summer and view all 5 Whistler Lakes
- The First Nations Centre for wonderful carvings and history
- The Scandanavian Spa nearby for a day of pampering in the woods
- Test your nerve at the Olympic sliding centre on Blackcomb
- A concert, from classical to folk, in Millenium place
- Bike the valley trail and off-road routes
- Golf at Big Sky Pemberton in the shadow of Mount Currie
- Ziptrek the magnificent BC forests
- Ride the Peak to Peak in the glass bottom gondola
Places of Interest
- Peak to Creek on a powder day on Whistler Mountain
- Supper at Caio Thyme bistro then cocktails and music in the Mallard lounge
- Twin Lakes on a summer evening and take a dip
- Vancouver down the beautiful Sea to Sky Highway
- The Pemberton valley, buy fresh produce at North Arm Farm
- The Art Galleries of Whistler
- 'The Daily Planet' funky antiques in Function Junction
- Callaghan Valley, Olympic Park
- Rim Rock Restaurant the BEST fish where the locals go
- Meadow Park Recreation centre, pools, skating rink & gym
Goldenwood was a well appointed three bedroom/four bathroom townhouse with lovely aboriginal art and sculptures, spacious rooms and completely equipped, modern kitchen with high-end appliances like Bosch dishwasher, Bosch oven and range, Sub-zero fridge. We cooked every night except went out the last night. The house had an expansive view across the golf course and adjacent lake. In addition to downhill skiing at Whistler, just ten minutes drive away, we also sent cross-country skiing at the Whistler Village center's trails, and on another day drove 20 minutes to the Olympic course. The staff at each place set us up with equipment and some basic instruction, and off we went! The local anthropology museum was an informative visit, celebrating the culture of the two indigenous tribes fro this area. On our last day, before boarding our flight home, we checked out the much larger anthropology museum at University of British Columbia in Vancouver (recommended by the property manager). Both museums were really helpful in rounding out our visit. We highly recommend Goldenwood, and hope to be able to return.”