Welcome to Casona de Gonzáles, where guests can have an authentic colonial experience in Parras de la Fuente. This property is composed of arches and doric-style columns, and is complete with a secluded patio and traditional fountain. The outdoor living area features both a grill and pool, making it the perfect place to to spend your days or evenings regardless of the season of the year.
Adapted to guests with impaired mobility, this pet-friendly property boasts large indoor living areas, which are directly connected with the outdoor ones. Inside, the all-wood solid ceiling exalts the brightness of the white walls, where a collection of stuffed animals and hunting accessories are displayed. The property comes equipped with a full kitchen and modern appliances. The 13 en-suite bedrooms are divided in two floors and offer guests maximum relaxation, including 5 King-size beds, 19 Queen-size beds, and 1 full bed. Guests can admire a range of rustic materials such as stones, wood and leather that contrast with refined finishes, such as polished stone and glass.
Surrounded by lush groves of cypress, green vines and walnut trees, Casona González is a tropical oasis away from the city, with water and greenery to contrasting the arid desert lands of Parras de la Fuente. The town of Parras de la Fuente was founded in the 16th century by the King of Spain for the purpose of creating a vineyard, making it home to the first winery in all of North America. Casona González is set on 2,800 sq. ft. (260m2) of land and offers room for up to 30 guests. This spacious home is the perfect home base for any celebration, with catering service, waiters and bartender all available upon request!
Situated 3 hours away from Monterrey, Casona González is the ideal location to discover the biggest municipality in the state of Coahuila, Parras de la Fuente, which offers a large range of activities. Guests can choose from many activities ranging from a delicious Mexican gastronomy to adventure excursions such as going to Cañon de la Lima, characterized by its bluish stones, where you can hike, swim, climb and rappel in an over 130ft (40m.) Designed by Goe A. Hoffman on 23 hectares of green areas, Rincón del Montero is a spectacular golf course where guests can enjoy the tranquility of the sport mixed with the beauty of the surrounding nature.
When arriving in the ‘Magic Town’ of Parras de la Fuente, guests will be captivated by the Iglesia de Santo Madero, (Santo Madero Church), which crowns the Sombreretillo hill peak with whimsical forms, and houses one of the splinters of the cross with which Jesus was crucified. The downtown area is a perfect place for long walks amidst its streets and historical buildings, such as the Casa del Abuelo (‘House of the Grandfather), an imposing building that was once the residence of Francisco I. Madero, forefather and martyr of the Mexican Revolution.
The region has earned the nickname ‘cradle of wine’ in America, with its rich history of wine production. Wine connoisseurs can experience several wine tastings between mountains in some of the best Mexican wine cellars with international recognition. After a tour at Casa Madero, which has received over 500 awards throughout its history, guests can sample some of the wines from the oldest winery in North America.
The Mexican state of Coahuila is full of breathtaking architecture and beauty with its houses and buildings, and boasts plenty of dining and cultural attractions. In the region of Viegas, the Dunas de Bilbao (a one hour drive from the property) offers breathtaking scenery, known to have inspired many movie settings. This protected natural area is very accessible and the sandy terrain is ideal for sandboarding. Be sure to check out the city of Viegas as well, where you can experience very characteristic and unique flavors of Mexican cuisine.
Single Family Home with 2 levels
13 bedrooms, 13 baths, 30138 square feet, 2800 square meters
King, King, King, 2x Queen, 2x Queen, 2x Queen, 2x Queen, 2x Queen, 2x Queen, 2x Queen, 2x Queen, 2x Queen, and Full
30 guests maximum
About an hour and 50 minutes driving
Pets Welcome Upon Approval
View All Amenities
Catering service, waiters and bartender, upon request from the Guest at an additional cost
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- Rincón Del Montero Golf Course (10 minute drive) - This beautiful 29 par, 9 Hole golf course offers breathtaking views of the surrounding nature from every hole.
- Estanque La Luz (10 minute drive) - Located at the foot of the Church of Santo Madero, and surrounded by open-sided dwellings, the beautiful spring fed pool enjoys clear blue water.
- Hacienda de Perote (15 minute drive) - Making sweets from the abundance of locally-grown pecans, from lenoir grapes like Jerez and Moscatel along with a port, guests will taste all the flavours of traditional Mexico!
- Canyon of Lima (20 minute drive) - With its vertical blue stone walls over 130 ft (40m) high, climb, jump, swim and walk through narrow and mysterious passages!
Places of Interest
- Parras de la Fuente - With many colonial buildings, pass the Plaza del Reloj facing the main church and head to Plaza del Beso (Kiss Square) and the green gardens of Alameda.
- Casa Madero and Wine Museum (10 minute drive) - The oldest winery in the Americas is a corner of relaxation or celebration, as well as a place of great tradition, charm, and magic, plus it has a great history and is the pride of the town.
- Santo Madero’s Church (10 minute drive) - Perched above the town on an extinct volcano, the impressive 19th-century chapel is named after a purported splinter of the Holy Cross is enshrined at the top of the craggy overlook.
We had a great time at Casona Gonzalez. An oasis in Parras. An authentic historical home with all of the modern comforts. Incredibly spacious and room to roam. Very high-end property. Would recommend in a hearbeat. The host Fabian was very nice and the cook made the best chiliquilles I have ever had. The groundsman was incredibly attentive and took care of all of our requests. Great vacation home for those wanting to rest or to just visit the vineyards. ”