Inverness, United Kingdom
Beautifully renovated and presented, Farr House is a special place to savour and enjoy the good things in life. As well as being finished to a high standard and thought throughout, this House is exceptionally comfortable and well equipped also to guest with impaired mobility.
Pet-friendly and up to receive 16 guests, Farr House offers private lake, fishing, hiking, clay pigeon shooting, and numerous fine walks surround the House and estate. With 8 en-suite bedrooms, guests really are spoilt for choice and the comfortable Super king, king, queen and single beds will be a nice invitation to slip into at the end of a long day.
This magnificent House combines many of its original features with a modern interior design. The high ceilinged TV and sitting rooms have open fires at both ends and the adjoining door creates a wonderful open space. The family crest is set in stained glass in a lovely round window in the booked lined library– a nod to the previous life as a chapel. Comfortable sofas, antiques and family paintings – all make this a house of personality and luxury. The dining room is a light open space – perfect for a good evening of fine food and the additional breakfast room is ideal for mornings and children. The fully equipped kitchen is very sleek and modern as well as very functional, and has been built to suit cooking for large numbers of guests.
The enormous boot and drying room will happily make sure guests, dogs and their belongings, will soon be dry and cosy if the weather is unkind. Even when the snow is thick outside the underfloor heating ensures that you'll be as warm as toast inside. If the weather is good then you have your own tennis court to enjoy and a private picture postcard loch complete with a boat for trout fishing or, for the brave, a chance to try some wild swimming! There may be salmon fishing available on the Findhorn or Nairn by arrangement.
Inverness offers a huge choice of things to do from ancient castles, highland clans, highland museums, 4,000 year old burial cairns. This compact Scottish city is perfect for exploration by foot, guests can easily find their way from the lovely River Ness to historic Inverness Castle and St. Andrews Cathedral, and beyond to the events at Eden Court and the busy Victorian Market.
Inverness is the unofficial capital of the Scottish Highlands and a visit there would not be complete without a few whisky tours and tastings. As well as an informative tour, the distillery offers an interesting tasting experience — pairing whisky with chocolates. Just north of Inverness is Muir of Ord, home to Glen Ord distillery. Guests can also taste some of the best malt whisky the Scottish Highlands has to offer, including Glenmorangie, The Dalmore, Tomatin, The Singleton of Glen Ord and Dalwhinnie, whilst regaling you in the history, story, legend and music of the Scottish Highlands.
Golf lovers will be delighted at Stuart Castle Golf Links, a golf experience visually memorable in this course, where the golf holes are 18 compositions that place the notable landmarks of the Moray Firth directly into the player’s perspective and surroundings. Where is possible admire stunning vistas of the landscape comprised of vast expanses of gorse, broom, heather, and sea marram.
Departing from Inverness, guests can enjoy a boat trip on the Caledonian Canal. An unlike any other canal boat experience in the UK. With short stretches of man-made canal linking the scenic Scottish lochs, this is a stunning location is a most enjoyable trip which takes advantage of Scotland’s calm inland waters whilst exploring some of her finest scenery.
The Caledonian Canal is connected to Loch Ness and the world famous monster. Loch Ness is best known for alleged sightings of the cryptozoological Loch Ness Monster, also known affectionately as "Nessie”.
Single Family Home with 2 levels
8 bedrooms, 8 baths, 6500 square feet, 604 square meters
King, King, King, King, Queen, Queen, Full, and Full
16 guests maximum
About 30 minutes driving
Enjoy 12,000 acres of private woods and heather moorland!
Pets Welcome Upon Approval
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- Dolphin Watching (20 min by car) - See dolphins in Inverness on this comfortable and family-friendly dolphin tour with easy access to the inner Moray Firth. The guide will tell you all about dolphins and other wildlife!
- Clava Cairns (25 min by car) - Visit this stunning sacred place, one of Scotland's most evocative prehistoric sites.
- Castle Stuart Golf Links (30 min by car) - Designed by Mark Parsinen and Gil Hanse, this championship links golf course overlooks the Moray Firth and landmarks synonymous with Inverness and the Black Isle.
- Muir of Ord (35 min by car) - Famous for its Glen Ord scotch whiskey distillery, the small village is home to Contrast Brasserie, one of the finest restaurants in Inverness.
- Loch Ness boat tour (40 min by car) - Climb aboard a RIB speedboat and launch yourself onto the water and the mystery of the Loch Ness monster for a tour in a stunning scenery!
Places of Interest
- Inverness Castle (20 min by car) - Overlooking the River Ness, The red sandstone structure, displaying an early castellated style, is the work of a few 19th-century architects.
- Inverness Cathedral (25 min by car) - The northernmost cathedral in mainland Britain was the first new Protestant cathedral to be completed in Great Britain since the Reformation.
- Inverness Museum and Art Gallery (25 min by car) - Explore our fascinating range of artefacts and collections that celebrate Highland life and heritage.
- The Victorian Market (25 min by car) - The covered market in the heart of the City of Inverness offers a wide range and variety of shops, cafes, services, and high quality products.
- Inverness Botanic Gardens (30 min by car) - A maze of wild flower meadows, fruit cages, vegetable beds, herb gardens and bug hotels.
You May Also be Interested In
- 40"+ TV
- Chef's Kitchen
- Handicap Accessible
- High Speed Internet
- Multiple TVs
- Outdoor Grill
- Pets (with Approval)
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet