Villa Baglio Minaudo
With its oriental outlines and atmosphere, Western Sicily is wrapped in the colours and scents of a land historically linked to the sea. Surrounded by beautiful gardens, Villa Baglio Minauda has a rich authentic Sicilian atmosphere with modern amenities for comfort. Villa offers an exceptional secluded location that allows guests to enjoy magnificent beaches, charming villages and towns, as well as the abundance of ancient ruins spread over the island.
Restored protecting the landscape and enhancing typical characteristics, the farmhouse was converted into a luxury Villa that combines unique welcoming and privacy while respecting the environment. The Villa is proud to deliver an exceptional and bespoke experience for every guest during their stay, and to make the most of the surroundings, art and design in a dialogue with the ever-changing spaces. The indoor living room is connected to the outside throughout a series of large patios and terraces that overlook the private pool surrounded by manicured lawns, and act as an alfresco living rooms with a dining areas. In these external living areas, guests will be able to enjoy some great local wines, spending beautiful days and evenings regardless of the season of the year. Take a sip of your favourite cocktail on the poolside in the privacy of this luxury Villa and take a dip in the salt filtered waters of the amazing Black Infinity Pool.
The 3 different private gardens of the Villa provides an amazing outdoor living areas, where guests will enjoy whether the mountains or the fields views, depending on their mood! In the early morning or late afternoon, guests will be amazed by the vistas and the relaxing atmosphere of the front garden that is surrounded by jasmine. A large French doors connect the front veranda and garden to the living room, which is separated from the dining room area with a large table for up to 10. Next to the dinning area, the kitchen is fully equipped with state-of-the-art appliances and boasts stainless steel professional kitchen from Angelo Po. Another spacious living area with a spectacular arched window overlooks the rear garden area, and is the perfect place to sit and read a book from the large collection of books available surrounded by some antique furniture from the 19th century.
With bare stone walls, pebble floors, and wooden ceilings, the 3 ensuite bedrooms of the the Villa are distributed over two floors, all decorated with maximum attention to details and can comfortably accommodate up to 8 guests. On the ground floor, the ensuite double/family bedroom features a double and a single brass bed from the 19th century and French doors which lead out onto the veranda and front garden view. On the same floor, the large sliding doors of the other double/family bedroom, which boasts a ceiling shower with waterfall effect, open to the poolside. When getting to the first floor, guests will find the third bedroom that features a double brass bed with access to the two private roof terraces perfect to chill out.
A stay at Villa Baglio Minaudo is not only a cultural experience, but also means sea and sunshine. Among the great attractions of this area of Sicily are its beautiful beaches, as well as a rare unforgettable scenery, the Nature Reserve dello Zingaro. Walking through the paths of the Reserve is the best way to take in the lush vegetation and to enjoy splendid panoramic views that also includes the beautiful beach of San Vito Lo Capo and the nearby rocky columns of Scopello. A short 20 minute drive from your Villa, Castellammare del Golfo is a town whose name also sums up its history, which profoundly connected to the sea. With its deep trench carved out of the mountain, the castle of the town stands on a rocky headland jutting out into the marina, which is full of bars and restaurants.
Overlooking the Gulf of Castellammare at a top of a hill, just outside the ruins of an ancient city, guests will be able to visit the best-preserved Classic temple of Segesta. The temple, which was built in V century BC and is an impressive testimony of the ancient city’s one-time prosperity, ennobles the surroundings and benefits from an outstanding position.
Set beneath a mount home to the picturesque town of Erice, in front of the Egadi Archipelago, the city of Trapani enjoys a beautiful coast spaced in between enchanting bays and beaches that greet the transparent sea. Known as the “City of the Two Seas”, Trapani is a port city set on a tongue of land which stretches into the sea with two prongs, dominated by the Tower of Ligny and by the Lazzaretto. Take a walk in the narrow streets and savour the full charm of the city rich in art and history, and visit the 14 century Basilica-Sanctuary dell'Annunziata. Just outside the city, striking scenery is offered by the Salt Pans of Trapani and Paceco, a WWF reserve that offers splendid sceneries, with picturesque windmills, and the vast sultans whose water is tigged with red at sunset.
The beach ‘Cornino’ is only 7 km away, perfectly located with 20 minutes from all tourists spots like Erice, Temples of Segesta, hot water thermal springs and Trapani.
Private Residence with 2 levels
3 bedrooms, 3 baths, 2690 square feet, 250 square meters
Full, Full + Twin, and Full + Twin
8 guests maximum
45 minute by car
Impressive views over the surrounding mountains!
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Sicilian cooking classes
Wine experience at the villa
Rug making experience
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- Watersports - kitesurf, jet ski, water skiing, canoe, snorkeling
Places of Interest
- Scurati Caves (20 min by car) - An ancient settlement and a speleological geological site, which includes a total of 9 caves.
- Castellammare del Golfo (20 min by car) - Spend your time either on the harbour-front promenade below the castle or on one of the town's 2 beaches.
- Trapani (25 min by car) - The “City of the Two Seas” is dominated by the Tower of Ligny and by the Lazzaretto and is home to the 14th century Basilica-Sanctuary dell'Annunziata.
- The salt pans of Trapani and Paceco (30 min by car) - A nature reserve whose landscape has been shaped by the work of man.
- Erice (30 min by car) - Overlooking the city of Trapani, the town is characterized by the gray buildings, narrow streets of cobblestones and many churches and castles.
- Temple of Segesta (30 min by car) - Dating back from the V century BC, the magnificent structure in an outstanding position and was abandoned before it was even completed.
- Riserva Naturale dello Zingaro (50 min by car) - Characterized by its dramatic rock landscapes, unique fauna and flora and beautiful views over the sea, the protected reserve is perfect for active nature lovers.
- Egadi Islands (25 min by car and 30 min by ferry boat) - Formed by the islands of Favignana, Levanzo and Marettimo, the archipelago is an extraordinary synthesis of history and nature.
- Palermo (an hour and 20 min by car) - With some glorious historic buildings, vibrant, scruffy markets and a sunny climate, Sicily's regional capital is a place of mystery with a very distinct atmosphere.