Villa Augusta is set in the development of Varandas do Lago, in the heart of the Ria Formosa Nature Reserve, neighbouring the beaches of Club do Ancão and Vale do Garrão. Surrounded by beautiful pine forests, the development is within easy reach of the famous golf courses of Quinta do Lago and Vale do Lobo, and close to miles and miles of golden beaches.
Villa Augusta is a luxurious, South-facing family villa built over 3 levels that can comfortably sleep 10 adults. A large, modern and spacious air-conditioned villa, the property offers fabulous amenities so that you can enjoy the sun soaked lifestyle of the Algarve. There is a wonderful Salt Water pool which can be heated upon request (extra cost) and an extended terrace area that you will never want to leave! In addition, Villa Augusta is a child friendly property and has automatic shutters throughout, which provide further privacy and security for the guests.
On the ground floor guests will find a very spacious kitchen with a generous island for casual dining. The kitchen is modern and inviting in tones of white and grey, quartz stone counters and quality appliances including an American style fridge, coffee machine and your very own wine fridge. A bright and fully fitted utility room leads from the kitchen. The open plan kitchen leads to the dining room which has a large teak table that will seat everyone comfortably, with sliding door access to the breakfast terrace. This private terrace has further seating and is perfect for an early morning cup of coffee or evening drinks.
There is a large living room with a wood burning stove in the marble fireplace and comfy sofas for relaxing after a long day in the sun. There is also a wide screen television with cable TV offering a large variety of international channels with access to your own Apple TV or Netflix accounts. The living room has 5 separate sliding doors to the large terrace areas and pool.
The secluded terraces will be one of the most popular spots in the villa during your stay. There is a cool shaded chill out zone for cocktails near the BBQ area and a large table with ample space to seat all the family for meals outside. There is plenty of room for relaxing in the sunshine or shade with sun loungers, comfortable outdoor sofas, swing chairs and parasols. Guests will be able to grill up some great food on the gas BBQ for delicious al fresco meals and enjoy mellow evenings on the terraces, while the kids splash around in the pool. There is also a lovely pergola providing shade for a championship size table tennis table for all to enjoy.
All of the 5 bedrooms in Villa Augusta are ensuite with King Size beds that can be converted into twins if required. There are two bedrooms on the ground floor, both ensuite with showers as well as an additional guest cloakroom off the spacious entrance hall. In addition, one of these bedrooms leads directly to the pool area for your early morning dip!
For your entertainment there are zoned Sonos Bluetooth speakers in the kitchen, dining room and living room as well as by the pool so everyone can access their favourite music all day long. Furthermore, the villa has under floor heating and all air-conditioning units in Villa Augusta are dual functioning if required. The property boasts Wi-Fi throughout the villa with additional Wi-Fi booster points in most rooms.
Villa Augusta has an exciting entertainment floor with the basement converted into fun zones for all ages. There is a teen den with PlayStation 4, a cinema room with a giant 75 inch television and access to your own Apple TV or Netflix accounts. There is also a large games room with a professional pool table and air hockey table. In addition there is a bar with wine/beer fridge and an arcade machine equipped with 1,299 games including Space Invaders, Pac-Man and Tetris for a trip down memory lane! The games room has Sonos Bluetooth speakers to keep everyone entertained, together with board games and books. There is also an additional guest cloakroom on this level.
On the first floor there is a large ensuite master bedroom with a separate wardrobe area, private terrace and security safe for family valuables. The large ensuite bathroom has a whirlpool bath with a separate walk in shower. The second bedroom on this floor has an amazing private terrace that overlooks the pool area, bathed in afternoon and evening sunshine. The ensuite fifth bedroom in the basement has a window for natural light and a luxury walk in shower. All 5 bedrooms have Smart TVs with very comfortable surroundings.
The whole property is securely gated offering privacy and tranquillity. Augusta can comfortably accommodate two families or a large group of friends with relaxing private spaces for all.
Villa Augusta is in a great location on the edge of Varandas do Lago, in a quiet spot and occupying a large plot. The lovely beaches of Ancão and Garrão are nearby - just over 1km walk along the sandy pathways. The beaches have miles of fine sand to explore and enjoy. Both beaches have a great selection of superb beachside restaurants, such as Dois Passos on Ancão beach, Izzy's and Julia's on Garrão beach. The resorts of Vale do Lobo and Quinta do Lago are near the villa too, with a great range of shops, eateries, activities and bars. Both resorts are just a 5 minute drive from Villa Seascape, while the town of Almancil, is just a 5 minute drive away.
Especially designed by the world famous player Severiano Ballesteros, the Quinta do Vale Golf Course is the ideal place for golf in the sunshine and pleasant climate of the Algarve. Fully integrated into the surrounding natural landscape, the golf course takes full advantage of the undulating terrain, giving a unique character to each of the 18 holes.
Guests who wish to immerse themselves in Portugal’s natural beauty will be amazed to take part in a cycle tour through the Ria Formosa Nature Reserve, a designated Natural Park of over 65 square miles (170 km2) where to admire the beautiful natural landscape and a stunning array of birds as well as unique flora and fauna while visiting the salt flats and Ilha de Faro. When it is time for relaxing moments, guests will not miss to enjoy some time at one of the three sandbar islands close to the city of Faro.
A short 25 minute drive from Villa Augusta will take you to Faro, the historic and culturally rich Algarve's capital. Wander around the ‘Cidade Velha’ (Old Town) through the lovely cobblestone streets and pass under the spectacular Arco da Vila that is an amazing example of the Italian neoclassical style in the region. Your visit will lead you to Largo da Sé, a picturesque orange tree-lined square that is home to the 19th-century Town Hall, the 18th-century Bishop’s Palace, and the ancient cathedral. When you are in the Algarve, Portuguese food will be one of the many reasons that will make your stay memorable. Established in 1925, ’Restaurante 2 Irmãos’ (Two Brothers) is among the oldest restaurants in Portugal and is a place where you can taste the local cuisine focused on seafood dishes.
Private Residence with 3 levels
5 bedrooms, 5 baths, 3200 square feet, 298 square meters
King, King, King, King, and King
10 guests maximum
About 20 minutes driving
Views of the secluded gated community
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
*Extra charge applied to heat the pool
Activities of Interest
- For guests that are interested in fishing, watersports or just take in a leisurely boat trip along the beautiful blue Algarve coast, there are plenty of options to choose from.
- Portugal won the Award for the Best Golf destination in 2014, and the the Algarve in particular offers some of the finest and world acclaimed golf courses in the world and Dunas Douradas is nestled amongst some of the best golf courses in the region.
- The Algarve Coastline is famous for its world class golf courses and beautiful sandy beaches. With a wealth of aquatic activities from sailing to snorkeling, for a visitor wanting to stay active whilst here, you will have no trouble keeping busy.
- Vale do Lobo Royal Spa - Experience a world of absolute relaxation and comfort and offers a number of soothing treatments, designed to transport you to an entirely new level of tranquillity.
- Skydiving - Jump from a height of about 4000m and feel about 50 seconds free fall before the parachute cap opens. During the whole jump you are connected to a parachute instructor.
- Jeep Safari - Discover the Algarve countryside visiting unique beauty spots, villages and landscapes in 4 x 4 vehicles.
Places of Interest
- Dunas Douradas beach is within 5 minutes walking distance where you can either rent sun beds with umbrellas or bring your own. The beaches nearby all have the blue flag for best water quality.
- Being a protected area since 1987, the Ria Formosa Natural Park is truly a paradise on earth. With departures from Faro and from Tavira tours are organized everyday throughout the year with several daily departures.
- Cerro da Vila Roman Ruins (20 min drive) - Roman remains are found throughout the region, including this villa. You will also find a well-curated museum.
- Faro (30 min drive) - Visit the Algarve’s capital, It has an attractive marina, well-maintained parks and plazas, and a picturesque cidade velha (old town) ringed by medieval walls.
- Museu Maritimo Faro (30 min drive) - The maritime museum on Faro harbour evokes the country's sea-faring spirit with an exhibition of nautical artefacts and scale models of galleons, caravels and steamboats.
- Tavira (40 min drive) - Visit this quintessential Portuguese seaside town featuring stunning pantiles topped houses and lovely unspoiled beaches.
- Benagli Caves (50 min drive) - One of the Algarve's – and Portugal's – most emblematic sights, this huge natural seaside cave has a hole in its ceiling through which streaming sunlit illuminates the sandstone and beach below.